Hot for Babysitter?

BB27

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nailing the 20 yo babysitter is just some good old fashion, red-blooded boyhood at work.

She was charged with second-degree sexual assault and risk of injury?

What the hell injury risk is there? That his 14-year old pecker might fall off from too much use... :doh:

That was the same thing I was thinking.

Same here...the pussification of young American males just gets worse and worse. 14 and needs a babysitter. Are his parents nuts or what??? At 14 I was already hunting on my own with the other farm kids, drove tractor and picked crops for spending money. I remember being told...if you want it, work for it and I did.

like rain on your wedding day?

I've never really understood the criticism of this song's lyrics. Pretty much every example that she gives is indeed an example of situational irony. In specific regard to "rain on your wedding day", a wedding is an occasion theoretically filled with optimism and vitality, whereas rain is normally associated with pessimism, bad luck, and the interruption of plans. Therefore, the juxtaposition of the two concepts is ironic.

The term "irony" indeed is constantly misused, but Alanis gets it right in her song for the most part.

Same here...the pussification of young American males just gets worse and worse. 14 and needs a babysitter. Are his parents nuts or what??? At 14 I was already hunting on my own with the other farm kids, drove tractor and picked crops for spending money. I remember being told...if you want it, work for it and I did.

As someone else suggested, it's very possible that the 14 year old has younger siblings. Even if that's not the case, does it really count as "pussification" when the kid is sticking it to the babysitter?

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

I've never really understood the criticism of this song's lyrics. Pretty much every example that she gives is indeed an example of situational irony. In specific regard to "rain on your wedding day", a wedding is an occasion theoretically filled with optimism and vitality, whereas rain is normally associated with pessimism, bad luck, and the interruption of plans. Therefore, the juxtaposition of the two concepts is ironic.

The term "irony" indeed is constantly misused, but Alanis gets it right in her song for the most part.

I've always seen situational irony as getting a different result than the expected result with the actual result being entertaining and appropriate with the grand scheme of things taken into account (criminy, I had a hard time wording what I thought there). With this in mind, I think the "rain on my wedding day" thing is a stretch, at best, especially in that song.

Edited by LeviF91

I've always seen situational irony as getting a different result than the expected result with the actual result being entertaining and appropriate with the grand scheme of things taken into account (criminy, I had a hard time wording what I thought there). With this in mind, I think the "rain on my wedding day" thing is a stretch, at best, especially in that song.

There's a subset of situational irony called cosmic irony, which essentially refers to the discrepancies between our expectations/desires (oftentimes based on social, cultural and thematic constructs) and the reality of a situation. Rain on a wedding day fits into this mold, in my opinion. I was using situational irony more as an umbrella for the song as a whole.

Among the lyrics that are certainly NOT ironic...

"A traffic jam when you're already late."

"Good advice that you just didn't take."

"A black fly in your Chardonnay."

The rest seem to represent ironies, if only loosely.

But that was back in the 1830's.

I was born in the 80's. The 1980's and I remember pretty much the same thing. Learning to drive a truck, tractor, and other equipment in my younger teens when we'd visit my grandparents. Even my sister started driving the tractor at age 13. I was using chainsaws at 15, and doing some pretty crazy stuff - like Sage said, it is pussification.

Heck, even I remember spending a couple of hours to pick beans and then take to my local market where the 4 lbs. I picked made me about $13-14 bucks - buy one get, one free hot dogs that week, too...and that included chili and all the trimmings but I never got slaw - that stuff is nasty. ...oh the memories!

It's a silly lyric to a song and you made me think about it! Jerk! Perhaps next time I'll give a lyric to Vanessa Carlton - 1,000 Miles instead. But yeah, you're right.

As someone else suggested, it's very possible that the 14 year old has younger siblings. Even if that's not the case, does it really count as "pussification" when the kid is sticking it to the babysitter?

I was agreeing with Joe Miner and indirectly responding to DC Tom's "What 14 year old needs a sitter?" At 14 there was no sitter. Niether at 13 did anyone watch; nor at 12 when I first used a 12 guage on birds did I ever get "babysat" !!! So ya to see that a 14 year old today needs a babysitter is in my book the "pussification" of teenage boys not that the kid was banging his babysitter. Good for him BTW. What constantly horny 14 year old boy doesn't dream about doing this exact same thing with some pretty lass? Think back to the time when you were 14 HONESTLY GUYS, there had to be at least one girl you dwelled on the coud make your Rocketship 7 take off for the moon. Today the thought police clamp down on kids that just want to be friends

I've seen it over and over by overly protective parents who coddle their kids. I was involved in scouting a few years back and the reasons these parents gave for not allowing their kid to go camping (this is Boy Scouts who do go camping BTW) just floored me. "Johnny will get homesick" "Mikey might get poison ivy" "Alex doesn't know how to swim"....ya we thaught them to swim BTW, at least the ones who were allowed to go to camp and that grand-daddy of all excuses "we don't allow richie to be alone with other people" That poor kid was screwed for life and not by some pretty young thing

I've seen it over and over by overly protective parents who coddle their kids. I was involved in scouting a few years back and the reasons these parents gave for not allowing their kid to go camping (this is Boy Scouts who do go camping BTW) just floored me. "Johnny will get homesick" "Mikey might get poison ivy" "Alex doesn't know how to swim"....ya we thaught them to swim BTW, at least the ones who were allowed to go to camp and that grand-daddy of all excuses "we don't allow richie to be alone with other people" That poor kid was screwed for life and not by some pretty young thing

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous with some parents. Partially to blame are media sensationalists, who would have you believe that every stranger is a child molester. Parents in our society seem convinced, for a number of reasons, that everything in the world exists simply to kill their child.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous with some parents. Partially to blame are media sensationalists, who would have you believe that every stranger is a child molester. Parents in our society seem convinced, for a number of reasons, that everything in the world exists simply to kill their child.

I blame CSI, CIS, SIC and every other crime drama derivative, for convincing the nation that everyone they don't know is pedophile or serial killer. And what makes all these parents think anyone wants to touch their kids anyway? I know every parent is obligated to think that their kids are really hot, but if they were to take a step back and look at the situation objectively, they would probably see that most kids today are just unmolestable. Kids today are dumber, fatter and uglier than ever. And as for the serial killers, well I think they're looking for a little more of a challenge than luring another retarded fat kid into the back of a panel van with promises of candy. Childhood obesity runs rampant, juvenile diabetes is spreading like the plague and the public schools aren't even trying to teach, just giving everyone a pat on the back. Hunting a 250lb 3rd grader, with an amputated foot and an IQ of 75 isn't exactly good sport. A whole lot of fuss about nothing.

Edited by Jauronimo

I blame CSI, CIS, SIC and every other crime drama derivative, for convincing the nation that everyone they don't know is pedophile or serial killer.

Yes, the random pathological stranger is coming to take your kids away and molest them and kill them!

Fact is, an overwhelming majority of child abductions are committed by family members or family friends of the abducted children. Stranger abductions are extremely rare (<10% of all kidnappings).

Depends on your definition.

Yes, the random pathological stranger is coming to take your kids away and molest them and kill them!

Fact is, an overwhelming majority of child abductions are committed by family members or family friends of the abducted children. Stranger abductions are extremely rare (<10% of all kidnappings).

The best one is the Halloween paranoia. At some point in the not-so-distant past, it became common knowledge that only horrible parents don't meticulously rake through their kids' trick or treating candy on Halloween night because random creeps love to use hypodermic needles to poison the candy. There have been exactly TWO (2) reported cases of children getting sick from Halloween candy, and in both cases the kid was poisoned by a member of their own family.