Bills Host OT

The Bills hosted free agent OT Mario Henderson on Monday.

Henderson isn't a good player, and he was arrested in March on gun charges. The Bills may simply be "kicking tires" or "doing due diligence." This is one of the rare instances when the lineman available isn't an upgrade for Buffalo.

Gaither naw, Harris naw, Henderson yea!

Forgot we only want OTs that suck so this makes sense.

Why is everyone so obsessed with Gaither. Is a bad back, attitude problems, work ethic and motivations questions not enough to make you guys want to stay away? You would think after failing a physical for the Raiders that it would be icing on the cake. But no, let's go ahead and vehemently wish for us to sign him.

Some of you get so pissy when we don't meet with specific players. Has it ever dawned on some of you that maybe Nix tried calling to meet with a Zack Miller or Ryan Harris and they just declined? It obviously has to be that Nix is asleep or has no idea what he's doing.

Why is everyone so obsessed with Gaither. Is a bad back, attitude problems, work ethic and motivations questions not enough to make you guys want to stay away? You would think after failing a physical for the Raiders that it would be icing on the cake. But no, let's go ahead and vehemently wish for us to sign him.

Some of you get so pissy when we don't meet with specific players. Has it ever dawned on some of you that maybe Nix tried calling to meet with a Zack Miller or Ryan Harris and they just declined? It obviously has to be that Nix is asleep or has no idea what he's doing.

At least bring him in. We brought in Edwards after he failed his with BAL. You/Nix must not like OTs that can block.

This is actually bunk info, the tweet was misinterpreted:

http://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/statuses/98209964182601729

good info, nice to know

Reminds me of a lot of Head Coaching Prospects prior to the Bills hiring Gailey who said thanks but no thanks.

He has played left tackle , which is more then I can say for anyone else on the roster , we need a backup for bell, assuming pears is your right tackle .

28 nfl starts , most at left tackle. Sounds like he would be a better back up left tackle then anyone on the roster.

Edited by jcbillsfan

Speaking of Gaither, I remember last year when he was on the trading block, several on this board were summarily bashing the FO for not doing the deal. Stats were posted about how the Ravens OL with Gaither were better at run blocking than with Oher in there. I was also one of those puzzled about why we were not making a strong push to get him.

Just maybe, the FO does know better. The best moves may be the ones we dont make.

:lol:

pulled over for loud music, admitted to the police he has a gun , because it was unresgistered he got arrested. all in all not the worst thing in the world

Free agent OT Mario Henderson was arrested Thursday in Florida on charges of carrying a concealed firearm.

After being pulled over for loud music, Henderson admitted to the officer that he had a gun in the vehicle. He's not licensed to carry a concealed firearm, which was a problem when the gun was found next to his seat instead of in the glovebox as he indicated. The Raiders failed to extend a tender to Henderson before the end of the last CBA. He'll take the offseason incident into free agency.

per rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/4458/mario-henderson

Edited by jcbillsfan

He has played left tackle , which is more then I can say for anyone else on the roster , we need a backup for bell, assuming pears is your right tackle .

28 nfl starts , most at left tackle. Sounds like he would be a better back up left tackle then anyone on the roster.

Some of the negativists think we should sign Henderson. The rest would scream bloody murder. "Langston Walker, Cornell Green and now Mario Henderson? What are we the dumpster for former Raiders tackles?"

Speaking of Gaither, I remember last year when he was on the trading block, several on this board were summarily bashing the FO for not doing the deal. Stats were posted about how the Ravens OL with Gaither were better at run blocking than with Oher in there. I was also one of those puzzled about why we were not making a strong push to get him.

Just maybe, the FO does know better. The best moves may be the ones we dont make.

That's a long list… Pisa Tinoisamoa, Freddy Keiaho, Flozell Adams (some still want us to sign him), MIke Shanahan, Albert Haynesworth… even on the board at this moment, Ty Warren, Manny Lawson, Channing Crowder, Osi, Kevin Boss (I agree with this one… especially as the Bills have plenty of cap room and have shyt for TEs, and could use an excellent blocker to help out their unproven OTs).

I would say on average, 1 out of every 10 fan signing suggestions actually make sense.