Whitner still looking for a job

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to take the money that Whitner thought we SHOULD offer him and throw it @ Zach Miller of the Raiders. I'd pay a top flight TE $7,000,000 a year over the next 5 or 6.

No. G Wilson is much better. If Whitner is on the team, he will find his way onto the field and be a huge liabilty when the other team desides to pass. We are better off without him and GW out there.

I most definitely disagree. "much better" = "much exaggeration". If he was much better, whitner wouldn't find his way on the field. He wouldn't have found his way on the field the last 3 years. You dont like donte. You like wilson. We get it. I like both lf them. I don't like dontes tweets. Btw, teams rarely decide to pass vs us of you haven't noticed. Hopefully that will change this year.

Can he play RT or Linebacker?

I most definitely disagree. "much better" = "much exaggeration". If he was much better, whitner wouldn't find his way on the field. He wouldn't have found his way on the field the last 3 years. You dont like donte. You like wilson. We get it. I like both lf them. I don't like dontes tweets. Btw, teams rarely decide to pass vs us of you haven't noticed. Hopefully that will change this year.

I think the poster you were replying to was speaking Ralph English, Wilson is "Much Better" then Whitner because he is "Much Cheaper."

Give Miller 8M a year for all I care. I want a tight end to move around it's the missing link. Get the best RT we can and overpay for Miller. Sign a million LBs and make them Oklahoma drill until only a few are left standing those stay. Then just go out and dominate. Take a young QB next year who can sit behind Fitzy for 2 or 3 years. Fill holes. CHAMPIONSHIP!

Give Miller 8M a year for all I care. I want a tight end to move around it's the missing link. Get the best RT we can and overpay for Miller. Sign a million LBs and make them Oklahoma drill until only a few are left standing those stay. Then just go out and dominate. Take a young QB next year who can sit behind Fitzy for 2 or 3 years. Fill holes. CHAMPIONSHIP!

So you want us to have to watch Fitzy for 3 or 4 more years? By then a young rookies contract would be at the point where the Bills need to decide if they are going to pick up the fifth year of the contract (have to do it after the 3rd season) and if so pay him in something like the top 10% of the league at that position. Don't think that would work, but the rest of your post is pretty sensible.

What will you say after he finishes the season with 40rec and 400yds? It seems apparent that w/ the signing of Brad Smith, Chan's offense is going to be quite interesting and unconventional. Don't know if we want a 8mil TE being underutilized.

What will you say after he finishes the season with 40rec and 400yds? It seems apparent that w/ the signing of Brad Smith, Chan's offense is going to be quite interesting and unconventional. Don't know if we want a 8mil TE being underutilized.

NO DAMNIT, My fantasy team requires that I start a TE, that means the BILLS NEED TO START A TE

You're right. The Bills always start the best players all the time, regardless of talent level or where they were picked in the draft.

Regards,

Jabari Greer

1st round pick v. UDFA rookie. P Fewell promptly demoted Whitner when he took over. This is often overlooked because Whitner happened to get injured for a few games during the same span.

Despite teams rarely passing on us, Whitner still managed to be the target of many a TD pass. Our pass D was much better with Wilson in and not Whitner these last two years. Dont hate the messanger.

Edited by Thoner7

With Jauron being the DC for Whitner's hometown Browns, you would've thought that would've been a done deal already. Remember this: Whitner passed up a $5M/yr offer from the Bills, stating that they were "far apart" in negotiations. I'll be very interested in seeing what he ultimately signs for on the open market...