Tea Party Giving Boehner The Finger

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/post/jim-jordan-boehner-plan-wont-pass-house-on-republican-support-alone/2011/07/26/gIQAZqY1aI_blog.html

“I am confident as of this morning that there were not 218 Republicans in support of this plan,” said Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the chairman of the Republican Study Committee. The group comprises more than 170 House conservatives.

Well....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the two bills, as shocked as I am to say this, Reid's is better based on the limited specifics for each.

The Boehner/Obama agreement that was nearly done except for a 40B gap (and having both parties buy-in) was even better.

wow! how did boner get to where he is? the guy just screams sleazeball every time he opens his mouth or shows any body language. i wouldn't buy a craftsman screwdriver from him. and before you start, i have never been enamored with pelosi either. the recent "leadership" leaves much to be desired.

wow! how did boner get to where he is? the guy just screams sleazeball every time he opens his mouth or shows any body language. i wouldn't buy a craftsman screwdriver from him. and before you start, i have never been enamored with pelosi either. the recent "leadership" leaves much to be desired.

Well, come on now, really? I mean it's still a Craftsman screwdriver. If I needed one and he was offering at a resonable price, sure, I'd buy it

Of the two bills, as shocked as I am to say this, Reid's is better based on the limited specifics for each.

The Boehner/Obama agreement that was nearly done except for a 40B gap (and having both parties buy-in) was even better.

"House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D., Md.) said "very few" Democratic representatives would back the Boehner plan, scheduled for a vote Wednesday." - WSJ

Sounds like they're all negotiating in a vacuum.

"House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D., Md.) said "very few" Democratic representatives would back the Boehner plan, scheduled for a vote Wednesday." - WSJ

Sounds like they're all negotiating in a vacuum.

But the Boehner plan out now is not the one he almost negotiated with Obama. It's the red meat Tea Party plan.

Reid's plan is a little more down the middle.

Conservatives in the House have to hold strong through all the propaganda bs. There will be no default. Enough revenue to cover it off. So no debt increases. Balance budget amendment. No tax hikes. Time to put a end to the same old same old.

But the Boehner plan out now is not the one he almost negotiated with Obama. It's the red meat Tea Party plan.

Reid's plan is a little more down the middle.

The WSJ article referred to opposition by consevative GOP & Dems to the same Boehner plan.

Conservatives in the House have to hold strong through all the propaganda bs. There will be no default. Enough revenue to cover it off. So no debt increases. Balance budget amendment. No tax hikes. Time to put a end to the same old same old.

Balanced Budget amendment would lead to higher taxes. No way they would just cut spending that much. It's a very evil idea, but if it comes, it makes no one happy, that's a guarantee. With baby boomers retiring there will be a need for more health care spending

Balanced Budget amendment would lead to higher taxes. No way they would just cut spending that much. It's a very evil idea, but if it comes, it makes no one happy, that's a guarantee. With baby boomers retiring there will be a need for more health care spending

Your guarantee's mean nothing, because you know nothing.

But that's a good thing, because higher taxes promote economic growth...

I happen to believe that the principles of a balanced budget amendment makes a whole hell of alot of sense. It is a mechanism that would be used to have the country live within its means. To my understanding, it isnt something that would be implented fully right away, I belive it would be a process to where the government would have a balanced budget within 10 years, meaning that there wouldnt have to be in draconian cuts that would harm the economy.

It is beyond me why anyone would be opposed to a government that spends roughly about the same amount of the revenues they would generate. It is beyond me How can any rational non partisan person be against such a idea?

It is beyond me why anyone would be opposed to a government that spends roughly about the same amount of the revenues they would generate. It is beyond me How can any rational non partisan person be against such a idea?

What you write...

It is beyond me why anyone would be opposed to a government that spends exactly the same amount of the revenues they would generate. It is beyond me How can any rational non partisan person be against such a idea?

What Dave reads.

Why is raising taxes the default option? They can balance the budget by cutting the government back to realistic, efficient levels. By government I mean their overpaid workers. Redundant bureaucracy's. Non essential bureaucracy's (like the IRS which could be all but eliminated with a flat tax). And so on. How about the feds take a hit for once?

Edited by Dante

What you write...

What Dave reads.

You support this idiocy?

Lets just keep printing more money.

I would like it if they printed some with bottles of wine on them.

Money bad!

The only good thing about a BBA would be that creeps like Reagan and Bush would be banned from passing budget busting tax cuts.

I wouldn't call that 'giving him the finger'...they feel it doesn't go far enough...when you give someone the finger, you basically say you are diametrically opposed to or offended by what the other participant is saying...click on the link in the article that says "expressed skepticism about or declined to weigh in"...it absolutely does not indicate him being 'given the finger'