Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, he is precisely a playmaker. The man was playing for a horrible defense, and created the most turnovers at his position in the NFL if I am not mistaken. Or at least, very close to it. Keep in mind he did this with virtually no decent players around him, and a brand new defensive scheme. I think Poz would have been huge for us this year. Believe me I thought this guy was the next great Penn State linebacker coming out of college and was initially disappointed, but you can tell he was making strides towards being a very solid MLB. I can assure you that he will be in Jacksonville as well.

You're mistaken. He's had 4 INT's and 4 FF's in his 4 years.

He's a solid player, so it's a loss but he is not a star and was never going to be a good fit in a 3-4 scheme. If the Bills spend the money to find a solid 3-4 replacement then everything will be fine. They'd better sign Florence though...

I agree clancy, but who truly believes we are going to upgrade. Like usual, we will plug in someone on our roster or bring in some average player (ayodele, torbor, nic harris, andra davis etc, etc) and wonder why our defense sucks yet again.

What a shame. Nix and co. better be embarrassed by this and Russ Brandon better realize that a big free agent signing is in order to put asses in the seats this year.

I agree clancy, but who truly believes we are going to upgrade. Like usual, we will plug in someone on our roster or bring in some average player (ayodele, torbor, nic harris, andra davis etc, etc) and wonder why our defense sucks yet again.

Here's the thing though... Poz = average... so bring him back would be just like how you describe we bring in average people every year. Not to mention he isn't suited nor did he want to play in the 3-4. Plus he got $7 million a year. Yikes.

I make these assurances because even a mediocore franchise like the Jaguars is in the playoff hunt every year until the end while we are winning 4-7 games, and out of it by midseason. Reason being moves like this. The Jaguars may not be a championship caliber team, but they make strides to get there. The little bit of talent we do have we let go virtually every free agency period. As far as PSU Linebackers go, the last great Penn State linebackers were Jack Ham, Shane Conlan, and currently Cameron Wake. Not to mention they have several starting linebackers around the NFL. They arent called "Linebacker U" for no reason. Does not mean it will translate to the NFL, but Poz certainly seemed to be quite sought after in free agency by everyone, but us. There is a reason for that. Its called a paycheck.

Who was the last great Penn State linebacker? And how exactly are you making these assurances? Fans have been making assurances about Poz and other Bills for years.

What a shame. Nix and co. better be embarrassed by this and Russ Brandon better realize that a big free agent signing is in order to put asses in the seats this year.

Maybe RW will order Mr. Smithers to go out and sign Terrell Owens to mitigate the loss. Oh, wait...

If the Bills really did match that ridiculous contract then I'm disappointed... not only in Nix but also in Poz, who obviously was talking out of is a$$ about being committed to Buffalo. If the money was the saem, why walk? If he didn't feel comfortable in a 3-4 then why make public comments about wanting to stay?

Then again, if Kelsay is "worth" $6 mil/per, Poz is certainly "worth" $7 mil.

The closest on Yahoo's top 100 is Barrett Ruud. It was done pre Barnett getting cut.

24. LB Barrett Ruud(notes) – Not as physically gifted at Posluszny, but has been healthier throughout his career and that can’t be understated.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_2011_nfl_free_agents_by_pos_072511&expire=1#free-LB

Bet we bring in Brandon Siler has ties with Nix and is a decent 34 ILB

Or Stephen Cooper.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

For those crying about losing "POZ" may I please remind you of a few things:

1. "POZ" was never popular for the RIGHT REASONS, ie, making game-impacting plays. He was merely good.

2. "POZ" was almost universally considered best suited for a 4-3D, and prefers that alignment himself.

3. "POZ" has a catchy name and heritage that appealed to many fans, but let's remember item 1, shall we?

Wish him well, move on, and start pulling for our new guys. You'll feel better. Sorry about that jersey you bought but hey, it was one of the old clown suits anyway.

Wikipedia from 2009 below. We all know the 2010 story with the defensive scheme change, and all the player shuffling. He was the only other bright spot besides KW. When you have a sub par team you upgrade those sub par positions. No one could have argued that Poz was not a solid starter for this team, and no one in my opinion could have felt bad about that particular roster spot. Now we don't have a clue who will fill it, but history tells me it won't be anyone major

Posluszny was selected as a team captain prior to the 2009 season. Posluszny broke his arm again during the first quarter of the Bills week 1 game against the Patriots on Monday Night Football. He returned to action week 6 against the New York Jets, registering 9 tackles, one pass deflection, and an interception. Posluszny created 6 turnovers in 11 games after returning from injury, which placed him tied for first among middle linebackers for turnovers.

For those crying about losing "POZ" may I please remind you of a few things:

1. "POZ" was never popular for the RIGHT REASONS, ie, making game-impacting plays. He was merely good.

2. "POZ" was almost universally considered best suited for a 4-3D, and prefers that alignment himself.

3. "POZ" has a catchy name and heritage that appealed to many fans, but let's remember item 1, shall we?

Wish him well, move on, and start pulling for our new guys. You'll feel better. Sorry about that jersey you bought but hey, it was one of the old clown suits anyway.

And as far as #1 is concerned. A good player is not worth $7 million a year.

Anyone feel Poz was worth $7M/yr? Apparently Nix matched the deal and he still walked. I can imagine the howls if we paid Poz $42M/6yrs. :lol:

PTR

You have GOT to be sh*ttin' me. We were willing to match that number? Yeah, Poz really wanted to stay in Buffalo. I'd rather overpay for Florence than Poz any day. Florence is a far better CB than Poz is an LB. $7m. Unbelievable.

GO BILLS!!!