Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. I think he's one of our own that we keep.

1. WannStache gets a chance to work his magic.

2. He'll have better DT's in front of him eating up linemen.

3. He'll have Kelvin Sheppard/Andra Davis next to him this season (IMHO)

4. Poz wants to come back:

I've tried to be a Poz supporter but he can not shed blocks, cover anyone and hangs on more than tackles. Gone back and forth on the no players in front of him argument. Just don't lock him up for more than 2 years. 1-2 and 4 are great points. Andra Davis can't run either, your really hoping for Shepard, Moats and Merriman can help out.

Edited by CardinalScotts

You know what's funny is that this morning Howard Simon was ragging on Pozluzny for not being an impact player while at the same time suggesting the Bils replace him with Barrett Ruud. Meanwhile I just was lurking a Bucs message board and some of their fans want to replace Ruud with Poz because Ruud isn't an impact player but Poz is a tackling maching.

Edited by Kingfish

If he's going to get top dollar, let him go. I like the guy, but he's above-average at best.

If he leaves, the team can easily go sign any one of a number of options at ILB, including:

Kevin Burnett

Thomas Davis

Thomas Howard

D'Qwell Jackson

Rocky McIntosh

Kirk Morrison

Barrett Ruud

Ernie Sims

And others that I'm too lazy to look up...I realize that not all have played in a 3-4, but they fit the mold of a 3-4 ILB.

Edited by thebandit27

If he's going to get top dollar, let him go. I like the guy, but he's above-average at best.

If he leaves, the team can easily go sign any one of a number of options at ILB, including:

Kevin Burnett

Thomas Davis

Thomas Howard

D'Qwell Jackson

Rocky McIntosh

Kirk Morrison

Barrett Ruud

Ernie Sims

And others that I'm too lazy to look up...I realize that not all have played in a 3-4, but they fit the mold of a 3-4 ILB.

Wow most of those guys couldn't even hold their starting job and Ernie sims???????

You know what's funny is that this morning Howard Simon was ragging on Pozluzny for not being an impact player while at the same time suggesting the Bils replace him with Barrett Ruud. Meanwhile I just was lurking a Bucs message board and some of their fans want to replace Ruud with Poz because Ruud isn't an impact player but Poz is a tackling maching.

Fans are so astute.

PTR

If Poz wants to go, LET HIM GO!!!! You're not losing anything much... I say offer him a sizable contract, a little bit more than he's deserving, if he can get better elsewhere, let him. I wouldn't lose sleep over losing him.

It's important to go into this season as similar as the last. Even if a team sucked last year, it's best to stick to the old playbook and old starters, for at least the first few weeks. Sign Poz.

Is this the argument Gailey used for keeping Trent Edwards as the Bills starter last year?

Comments from Buddy Nix:

Bills GM Buddy Nix shared the club’s plan with respect to two of their top free agents in Drayton Florence and Paul Posluszny.

“We’d like to try to sign them both. We hope they want to be here,” said Nix. ”They’ll have other offers I’m sure, but our goal is to keep both of those guys.”

With Poz specifically, Nix said the following.

“He’s a leader for us. He’s a tough guy. He’s smart. We want him back. He’s a good locker room guy and a good player.”

----------

May we now put to rest any notion the Bills aren't interested in keeping Poz?

Matt Williamson -espn this morning

2. Keep Paul Posluszny: Although inside linebackers generally are not difficult to find, Posluszny is the type of guy Buffalo needs to keep within the organization. He is productive, tough and able to lead the defense on every down. Last season wasn't his best, but Posluszny was fantastic in 2009, and I fully expect him to get back to that form, especially playing behind what should be a vastly improved young interior defensive line.

Comments from Buddy Nix:

Bills GM Buddy Nix shared the club’s plan with respect to two of their top free agents in Drayton Florence and Paul Posluszny.

“We’d like to try to sign them both. We hope they want to be here,” said Nix. ”They’ll have other offers I’m sure, but our goal is to keep both of those guys.”

With Poz specifically, Nix said the following.

“He’s a leader for us. He’s a tough guy. He’s smart. We want him back. He’s a good locker room guy and a good player.”

----------

May we now put to rest any notion the Bills aren't interested in keeping Poz?

I don't think there's any doubt the Bills want to keep Poz. Buddy has said so on a few occasions. But, while they indeed may want to keep him, they may just make it easy for him to leave.

GO BILLS!!!

Hey I started this thread as "Can we still franchise Poz". Now it say "Poz as good as gone". What happened? Seem like someones trying to stir the pot around here.

No, you cannot still franchise him, the period for doing so has passed.

Wait a minute. Didn't he say the same thing about Kelsay?

If he did would he be wrong?

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

What happened to the he only tackles 5 yards down Field posts?

I want to know who these amazing inside linebackers are who make >50% of their tackles at the line of scrimmage or in the backfield. The way people B word about Fletcher Poz, there must be a lot of them. Why don't we just sign a couple of them?