Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

I was looking at the depth chart before the weekend, and the list is scary. More so now without Poz.

1. Merriman started 1 game last year for San Diego: injured, won't make it out of camp or through season.

2. Kelsay: Need I really say ANYTHING more.

3. Rookie Sheppard: I hope he's good because he will be starting, with a rookier DT/DE in front of him.

4. Andre Davis: Don't know, old and injured?

Torbor, Moats? :blush:

What a mess.

Yes, and yet some people wanted to run Pos out of town at any price.

I wanted him to stay, but not at that price though.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at the depth chart before the weekend, and the list is scary. More so now without Poz.

1. Merriman started 1 game last year for San Diego: injured, won't make it out of camp or through season.

3. Rookie Sheppard: I hope he's good because he will be starting, with a rookier DT/DE in front of him.

What a mess.

Your right we should just forfeit now

Yes, and yet some people wanted to run Pos out of town at any price.

I wanted him to stay, but not at that price though.

I agree with you 100 %, unusual on this board.

It seems like the Bills did draft a LB to possibly replace Poz as they may not be able to sign him (+ 1 good),

however now have done little else or nothing to improve the weakest unit on the team.

How are they getting any better?

I agree with you 100 %, unusual on this board.

It seems like the Bills did draft a LB to possibly replace Poz as they may not be able to sign him (+ 1 good),

however now have done little else or nothing to improve the weakest unit on the team.

How are they getting any better?

Wait til Friday. It hasnt even been 2 days. No team has made any huge signings yet.

Matt Leinart made a headline, thats what you need to know about FA so far

I have a surprising amount of faith in our two rookie ILBs, Sheppard and White. Both of these guys dominated in the SEC this past year and both were coached by Chan for a week in the Senior Bowl earlier this year. So our staff knew exactly what we were getting when we drafted them. I'm strangely optimistic that one or both will emerge as a solid "find" this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post?id=11442

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/20186/the-secs-25-best-players-no-20-2

I have a surprising amount of faith in our two rookie ILBs, Sheppard and White. Both of these guys dominated in the SEC this past year and both were coached by Chan for a week in the Senior Bowl earlier this year. So our staff knew exactly what we were getting when we drafted them. I'm strangely optimistic that one or both will emerge as a solid "find" this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post?id=11442

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/20186/the-secs-25-best-players-no-20-2

I like the draft picks, but you can bet your last dollar the Bills will be signing one or two LB's in free agency!! They will be signing an OT in free agency as well. Relax - it's July 27 and camp hasn't even opened.

Too old, too slow or too young , that is our description of all our LBs right now.

You forgot Too untalented

I don't want to be glib, but most of those guys are late round draft picks or undrafted FAs. Our

one "pedigreed" LB is Maybin and he is the worst of the bunch.

I believe where switching to a new defense. One that does not use LB's. That's got to be the plan. Right???;)

No - because on Captain Hindsight's starting lineup - which I believe is spot-on, Poz would have been a back-up anyway. Nix didn't want to spend 7M/year on his 5th LB.

What a mess.

You're right - when you said [you] don't know.

Davis was the best LB on the team, when healthy. Not saying much, but that does include Poz.

Not sure what Kelsay is on your list. Moats and Merriman are going to be the starters at OLB. Torbor will be gone.

Sheppard > Poz. I'm saying it right now. Why you think he should be worse off with "rookie" Dareus in front of him is a true mystery. Would you rather he had Stroud in front of him??

Edited by BobChalmers

Where did you read that?

And if it's true, the Bills are doing themselves no favors by denying it - they'd be much better off saying, We liked the player, but we have a responsibility to our organization not to drastically overpay where we don't think the value is there, etc.etc.

What would motivate Poz to cover Nix' behind and make stuff up? He's gone.

Sorry if this has been posted already (I don't feel like trying to get through 21 pages) but Poz leaving is probably for the best. He sounds like he really wants to be in the 4-3 D and we're supposed to be a 3-4. It's never a good thing to have an injury-prone middle linebacker who's uncomfortable with his role in the defense. He's never done that much here anyways and it sounded like the Bills never made much effort to sign him before the lockout, so hey, best of luck to you Poz. I hope the injuries go away and you have a good career (speaking as a Penn St. fan).

Once again the Maybin bust makes our LB situation all the more painful.

Cbs sports says this about k. Sheppard, ring a bell

Negatives: Susceptible to play-action due to his aggressive nature and will occasionally get caught watching the quarterback and can lose his man. Lacks the explosiveness to take on and beat interior linemen physically and shows little technique. Has to do a better job of protecting his knees against the cut-block. Able to disengage when hit by blockers, but needs to add upper-body strength, as it takes him too long to do so. Can come in a bit out of control and provide cutback opportunities. Doesn't play a particularly physical brand of football.

--Rob Rang

I know he's Polish and has pretty long hair, but why on Earth do so many people on this board seem to have a man crush on the guy? He's never healthy and when he's on the field he isn't that good. He's another Levy / Jauron / Modrak draft bust. The sooner they get rid of the stench of that era the better.

hehe...right on.A baaaarely--and i mean baaaarely avg LB-and injury prone to boot---getting megabucks.

Gotta shake your head at this one.Complete joke. I like POZ ..he works hard..doesn't loaf.Good guy.

Guess I'm happy for him.