(OT) TIME Person of the year

PPP.

FYI, Time doesn't select POTY by who they like the most or think is the greatest guy. It's whoever made the most impact on the world stage in the past year, regardless of the good or evil they might have done to earn that distinction. As testament, they selected Komehni(?) several years ago, and Zarqawi was in the running this year.

PPP.

FYI, Time doesn't select POTY by who they like the most or think is the greatest guy, it's whoever made the most impact on the world stage in the past year. As testament, they selected Komehni(?) several years ago, and Zarqawi was in the running this year.

166087[/snapback]

I agree. PPP.

Let's not forget Arafat's peace prize. Gotta love marketing.

Give it two years. As fast as we are going downhill into the swamp, it will probaly be Britney Spears for her contributions to humanity. Why not Ludicrious?

Two Words: We Won!

Haha ... now go continue to cry about it on the PPP board while our economy continues to grow, jobs are being created, and all the while things are actually getting done in DC that mean something for middle America and not just the lower classes the Dems support.

GWB is my homeboy!

I believe the Time magazine person of the year in 1938 was Hitler.

166088[/snapback]

Stalin was twice...once for signing the non-aggression pact with the Nazis that led to the invasion of Poland, and once for being invaded by Germany and joining the Allies.

Like someone said...it's who has the greatest impact that year. Not who did the most good.

By picking somebody, it doesn't mean they think things have to be positive... Just how much impact they created... Everything else is left up to debate... It just goes to show you how we think in this counrty... If someone is on a cover... It has to be stardom, goodness, whatever.

I repsect Time for doing what they do... They still have the balls to put some of the biggest arses on their cover.

"We" ......won nothing but economic misery.Just wait until you/I actually have to make good for all of these bad checks the Pre$ident has written.

Let's see some data on all of those glowing economic statistics that you are hallucinating about....

166164[/snapback]

Just keep picking the Dems in WNY and you'll be miserable forever. Actually I have three stats but I can't show them to everyone ... that's my bank account, my 401k, and my stocks. All of which have gone up A LOT since GW's re-election.

Just keep picking the Dems in WNY and you'll be miserable forever. Actually I have three stats but I can't show them to everyone ... that's my bank account, my 401k, and my stocks. All of which have gone up A LOT since GW's re-election.

166224[/snapback]

The thought that way in 1929... Just wait till the boomers start retiring... Watch where your "accounts" go...

I didn't mention anything about the Democrats and I haven't lived in Buffalo for eight years..

Our crushing national debt MUST be dealt with.The cost to service the *interest alone* on this deb t is greater than the cost of Social Security AND Welfare.(as a percentage of the GNP)

Republicans are supposed to be about fiscal responsibility.This Pre$ident is spending our money like a drunken sailor while giving big tax breaks to the wealthy.The two concepts do not mix,and if we do nothing,it will bring this country down in the not too distant future......

166251[/snapback]

This just in: the current national debt is nowhere near as bad as it was during WWII in terms of percentage of the overall economic standards. I wish people would stop looking at the number and take a moment to understand how it works in relation to the rest of the economy.

166224[/snapback]

That's pretty much what I would expect. I'm okay, so everything must be okay. Or better yet, I'm okay so who cares about anyone else?