JUST CANCEL THE DAMN SEASON ALREADY!

The NFL is by far my favorite sport and I love my Buffalo Bills even though they haven't made the playoffs in eleven seasons. I want football back just as much as everybody else. But the truth is, this whole lockout has turned my stomach towards the NFL. Situations like this remind us that there are very few NFL players who actually play because they love the game. The NFL is no different than any other professional sport... Its all about money!

You mean to tell me that in four months (maybe more, I dunno), the NFL and NFLPA can't come to a new CBA? I'm not going to go into how rediculous this whole situation is because that would just be redundantly stating the obvious. As I said, I'm a die-hard Buffalo Bills fan and an NFL fan and I can not imagine what my Sunday afternoons will be like if the NFL is not on TV this fall. However, maybe its actually for the best. When the nations number one sport and its teams and owners loose Millions upon millions of dollars should the NFL cancel the upcoming season, than there ignorant greed will have gotten the best of them and, maybe that is exactly what needs to happen.

I've listened to Roger Goodell feed all of us the same story for months now, as well as the owners. Not to mention the players bragging about how great it would be to not have to endure training camps and the dreaded TWO MORE GAMES on the schedule (OH NOOOOOOO!!!, Yes Hines Ward, that was a direct shot at you, now go back to dancing, plz...) Bottom line is, I was once a proud fan of this sport and now I'm embarrassed to even say that I AM a fan of the sport. Just cancel the season NFL, stop embarrasing us, the fans, but most of all...YOURSELVES!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL is by far my favorite sport and I love my Buffalo Bills even though they haven't made the playoffs in eleven seasons. I want football back just as much as everybody else. But the truth is, this whole lockout has turned my stomach towards the NFL. Situations like this remind us that there are very few NFL players who actually play because they love the game. The NFL is no different than any other professional sport... Its all about money!

You mean to tell me that in four months (maybe more, I dunno), the NFL and NFLPA can't come to a new CBA? I'm not going to go into how rediculous this whole situation is because that would just be redundantly stating the obvious. As I said, I'm a die-hard Buffalo Bills fan and an NFL fan and I can not imagine what my Sunday afternoons will be like if the NFL is not on TV this fall. However, maybe its actually for the best. When the nations number one sport and its teams and owners loose Millions upon millions of dollars should the NFL cancel the upcoming season, than there ignorant greed will have gotten the best of them and, maybe that is exactly what needs to happen.

I've listened to Roger Goodell feed all of us the same story for months now, as well as the owners. Not to mention the players bragging about how great it would be to not have to endure training camps and the dreaded TWO MORE GAMES on the schedule (OH NOOOOOOO!!!, Yes Hines Ward, that was a direct shot at you, now go back to dancing, plz...) Bottom line is, I was once a proud fan of this sport and now I'm embarrassed to even say that I AM a fan of the sport. Just cancel the season NFL, stop embarrasing us, the fans, but most of all...YOURSELVES!

Wow. Dumb.

So, if they settle this thing, and no games are missed...what will have changed, for you, as a fan? Just relax...

More evidence that public schools are failing.

Have you totally ignored the recent news about the negotiations? Why get so angry about something that is totally out of your control? Life is gonna be a real B word if you make a habit of that...

WOW...you put alot of thought into that reply, tough guy?!

More evidence that you're a JACKASS! I've read dumber posts...yourself included hotshot!

Haha- high standards. It may be dumb but it's not the dumbest!

More evidence that you're a JACKASS! I've read dumber posts...yourself included hotshot!

You aren't coming off as a genius with a handle of TO for President. Rather you come off as a troll trying to piss in our Cheerios when we actually have something exciting going on as Bills fans.

this thread just got entertaining. on the verge of a deal, and you come up with this and then question posters' responses.

welcome to the board. long may ye amuse us.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

I'm not saying that I disagree with some of your (and many others) thoughts about these millionaires and billionaires fighting over more money and less work. The truth is the argument on either side is dumb. But at the end of the day, the NFL is a business. Don't think for 1 minute that they really care about us fans. They care about money. It's the biggest and most popular sport in the US and it's not even close. Of course everyone wants and thinks they deserve more money. The thing that really annoys me about people like yourself complaining about this and then saying the Sabres are so much better to watch anyway. Hockey is at best the 5th most popular sport in this country behind football, NASCAR, basketball, and baseball. And I would like to ask what all the hockey lovers were sayi g when there was a lockout back a few years ago. The NFL is the largest stage in sports entertainment and we as Buffalonians should feel priveladged to be part of it. When this thi g is over there is no doubt that there will be some fan casualties but it won't make a dent into the overall fan base.

It isn't fun to grow up is it? How long did you cry when you found out Santa Claus wasn't real???

ok, now let me get this straight. a poster questions whether your initial tirade was but yet another sign of the public school's system's failing.

and you respond by saying you've in fact read dumber posts and proceed to follow with ellipses, and what comes across as an incoherently incomprehensible attempt at a putdown.

are you saying you've ready dumber posts, and that the "hotshot's" post in question isn't as dumb as some of the dumb one's you've read?

and, without having read your posting history, might you include some of your own posts as being "dumber." this response certainly might rank up -- or might it be down -- there.

you see, i've read this "jackass" post of yours several times in an attempt to make heads or tails out of it. and the only conclusion i can come to is that the poster questioning the state of the public school system might be on to something.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Dude relax, who gives a $#!t about what they're arguing about, it will get done probably next month and then we can all get back to business. The best thing you can do is stop listening until it's signed and then you will be alright.

Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are we there yet,,,,,,,,,Hey are we there yet,,,,,,,,,,no really are we there yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,I wanna know,I'll hold my breath!111,,,,,,,,,,,,no really are we there yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey are we there yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are we almost there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Are we there yet