Time to Cut Moorman

I do like Moorman and think he is still pretty good. However his play has taken a HUGE hit in the last few seasons. Similar to Schobel, his wall hit like a freight train. He is in the wrong side of his career. Still, who do we replace him with? He's still better than any punter available.

Ah, better check your eyes.... Schobel's last year was actually a solidly productive season.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ST coaching switch was also a big factor in Moorman's declining productivity. You can't expect the guy to automatically pick up the new terms and schemes that Bruce is installing. Garrison Sanborn had a really down year last season and struggled with accuracy. If any two players this Bills squad need to start attending team practices and developing chemistry its Moorman and Sanborn. They were like two Dutch neighbors* (I'll explain this later) last year. Totally out of sync.

Face it, Moorman hasn't been the same punter since the Sean Taylor hit. It totally killed his confidence. You look at his decision making an timing before and after the hit and theres no comparison. So when you combine the Taylor hit, DeHaven's new schemes and terms, and the fact that Moorman and Sanborn may as well be out there pointing at each others wooden shoes, you have a bad kicking season.

The ST coaching switch was also a big factor in Moorman's declining productivity. You can't expect the guy to automatically pick up the new terms and schemes that Bruce is installing. Garrison Sanborn had a really down year last season and struggled with accuracy. If any two players this Bills squad need to start attending team practices and developing chemistry its Moorman and Sanborn. They were like two Dutch neighbors* (I'll explain this later) last year. Totally out of sync.

Face it, Moorman hasn't been the same punter since the Sean Taylor hit. It totally killed his confidence. You look at his decision making an timing before and after the hit and theres no comparison. So when you combine the Taylor hit, DeHaven's new schemes and terms, and the fact that Moorman and Sanborn may as well be out there pointing at each others wooden shoes, you have a bad kicking season.

This has to be a joke. LMAO!

Reminds me of a joke i once heard mocking on Finlanders.

Question: What's the difference between a normal Finn and an introverted Finn?

Answer: The normal Finn looks at your shoes while he's talking to you. The introverted Finn looks at his own shoes.

Thank you! I'll be here every day till I die!

Answer: The normal Finn looks at your shoes while he's talking to you. The introverted Finn looks at his own shoes.

That is a punchline fail.

1) It's "extroverted vs. introverted" not "introverted vs. normal"

2) You're only supposed to say the first sentence there, with emphasis on the word "your." The listener is supposed to infer the rest... them figuring it out is part of the joke.

Edited by UConn James

That is a punchline fail.

1) It's "extroverted vs. introverted" not "introverted vs. normal"

2) You're only supposed to say the first sentence there, with emphasis on the word "your." The listener is supposed to infer the rest... them figuring it out is part of the joke.

Ahhh… the ubiquitous Finnish Joke Police...

:huh: GK didn't have anything to do with "Fargo" that I know of....

But incidentally, the derivation of "Yah" would seem to be the Scandinavian "Ja" affirmative, with the J pronounced as a Y. When I was young, my Freisland (that is the barrier island region at the very, very north) Dutch grandmother used to call me "Yames" or "Yimmy."

Did Dehaven use a different term for "punt"?

:huh: GK didn't have anything to do with "Fargo" that I know of....

But incidentally, the derivation of "Yah" would seem to be the Scandinavian "Ja" affirmative, with the J pronounced as a Y. When I was young, my Freisland (that is the barrier island region at the very, very north) Dutch grandmother used to call me "Yames" or "Yimmy."

Oh, I yust go nuts at Christmas, on that yolly holiday.

To replace somebody for symbolic reasons is stupid. Moorman has been one of the top 10 punters in the NFL for the last decade and is not the reason why the team is losing games.

These are the reasons why the Bills suck

Drafting Mike Williams

Drafting JP Losman

Drafting Donte Whitner and John McCargo

Drafting Aaron Maybin

Drafting James Hardy

Not resigning Pat Williams, London Fletcher, Antwan Winfield or Nate Clements among others

Signing Derrick Dockery and wasting other free agent dollars on other teams quality backups that never panned out.

Hiring Dick Jauron a losing head coach who wanted to install a speed based Tampa 2 Scheme in BUFFALO.

I could go on and on but having a good punter acquired in 2001 is not the reason why the Bills are losing.

To replace somebody for symbolic reasons is stupid. Moorman has been one of the top 10 punters in the NFL for the last decade and is not the reason why the team is losing games.

These are the reasons why the Bills suck

Drafting Mike Williams

Drafting JP Losman

Drafting Donte Whitner and John McCargo

Drafting Aaron Maybin

Drafting James Hardy

Not resigning Pat Williams, London Fletcher, Antwan Winfield or Nate Clements among others

Signing Derrick Dockery and wasting other free agent dollars on other teams quality backups that never panned out.

Hiring Dick Jauron a losing head coach who wanted to install a speed based Tampa 2 Scheme in BUFFALO.

I could go on and on but having a good punter acquired in 2001 is not the reason why the Bills are losing.

Someone call 911.

This poor man has broken his funny bone.

Last year, Moorman ranked as follows:

yards/punt: 24th

net yards/punt: 23rd

Punts inside 20: 28th

Touchbacks: 9th (that is, he had the ninth most touchbacks - it's not a good rating)

Avg return yards: 20th

# of fair catches: 13th

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/punting/sort/avgPuntReturnYards/order/false

All in all, it was a bottom feeder of a season for Moorman.

Did Dehaven use a different term for "punt"?

I have it on good authority that DeHaven uses more than a dozen different terms for punt, including: toe jam, el punto, sister-kisser, Detroit Touchdown, pecan sandy, nutcracker and Pele.

You don't want to know how many terms he has for hang time, and when it comes to directional kicking he often calls in the plays in pig-latin or gibberish. Just look at the punting stats from his time in Seattle. DeHaven single handedly ruined the career of Ryan Plackemeier, who was regarded as the most talented punter to come out of the ACC since Scott Player. Having a bad punting game with Plackemeier is like Kasparov losing at Chinese Checkers, it doesn't make sense. Buffalo will never have a punting game with that bum DeHaven running the show on ST.