New LA Team could come Thru Buffalo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"... I eluded to the fact the Bills were still among the favorites to move west or at least to Toronto during an appearance on the Josh Pacheco Show on ESPN Hawaii Friday morning. ..."

That's all I needed to see before I realized this is just another hack writer trying to find relevance for his point of view.

GO BILLS!!!

Florio was on GR earlier this morning...it is all sounding pretty sobering. I hope to god the Bills reamain in Buffalo throughout my life (I got at least another 30-40 years or so, I think!), but as the details of the new CBA that seem to be coming out, things do not sound favorable for the Bills, and other small market teams, long term.

I am not really going to read a lot more of this stuff (it is too depressing, and has been going on for far too long), and just hope for the best...and of course, savor the seasons that are left, as long as there are some...

Edited by Buftex

Florio was on GR earlier this morning...it is all sounding pretty sobering. I hope to god the Bills reamain in Buffalo throughout my life (I got at least another 30-40 years or so, I think!), but as the details of the new CBA that seem to be coming out, things do not sound favorable for the Bills, and other small market teams, long term.

I am not really going to read a lot more of this stuff (it is too depressing, and has been going on for far too long), and just hope for the best...and of course, savor the seasons that are left, as long as there are some...

This is why Ralph needs to become a minority owner or former owner soon...

The Bills are not moving to L.A. You move the Bills you lose the Toronto market as well as Western New York. The main target is the Chargers; old stadium, bad fan attendance, close to L.A. already.

I hope your right... I love the Bills!!!!

The Bills are not moving to L.A. You move the Bills you lose the Toronto market as well as Western New York. The main target is the Chargers; old stadium, bad fan attendance, close to L.A. already.

I agree completely. The Bills aren't going anywhere. The league wants them exactly where they are geographically. I tend to try not to worry about things that are beyond my control. I will just enjoy the Bills and if anything ever changes, then I will make adjustments when I need to . Right now, there is no need to do anything but enjoy the team that we have.

I hope your right... I love the Bills!!!!

I'm just looking at it logically. The Bills may not be the most attractive team in the league but theyre a viable franchise. If you include Toronto and Rochester into Bills region you're talking about one of the bigger areas in the league. All these "reports" are just people desperately looking for readers during the lockout. Simple as that.

Oh, I agree...but I would have said that a long time ago...

Colin Cowherd (who I loathe) is now saying, while talking the new CBA "what makes the NFL work, is that it plays to the middle...not to the highest elite teams (Dallas, Steelers, Redskins, Giants) or the poorest "boo hoo", Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, etc etc"

I hate Cowherd, but his attitude that small market teams are not really all that important, I am afraid, is the same attitude that the newer owners in the NFL have...and it sounds like young money is beating old money in this deal. This is why, IMO, Ralph Wilson, and Mike Brown were objecting in 2006...they can see the end of days for their teams in the new NFL landscape. And, I don't think, back in 2006, the other owners necessarily liked the new deal, they just wanted to pass it, to avoid a labor impasse, knowing damn well there were be a lockout.

It almost feels like this work stoppage was/is as much of a battle between the "old NFL" and the "new NFL" as it was/is about ownership vs players.

I heard Florio as well and if Ralph does not have something lined up already, I think this team is as good as gone. It sounds like all the small market teams are going to be squeezed out whether it takes 2,5,10 or 20 years. Someone like Pegula is the only one that can save them now (someone who does not take too much stock in profits). It really is quite disturbing that Ralph won't even give fans the slightest hint as to what may happen to this team when he dies......

So when the new owners take control Buffalo will all of a sudden morph into a market with the corporate support and financial demographics to support a new, money generating stadium that will create all sorts of new unshared revenues?

GO BILLS!!!

I agree completely. The Bills aren't going anywhere. The league wants them exactly where they are geographically. I tend to try not to worry about things that are beyond my control. I will just enjoy the Bills and if anything ever changes, then I will make adjustments when I need to . Right now, there is no need to do anything but enjoy the team that we have.

This! :thumbsup:

I have really tried to avoid reading, or analyzing any of this the last couple of years, because, when you do, the idea of the Bills in Buffalo never seems to come out on top. Just that the details of the new CBA that seem to be coming out, make it sound like the Bills will have a harder and harder time staying in Buffalo. Owenrs will be required to spend 100% of the salary cap, and the onus will be on the owners to maximize their profits, more than ever.

The NFL does not give a rats ass about where they are geographically. They only care about where they are economically.

The bolded part is excellent advice for everyone. There is nothing to gain from worrying about things 100% outside of your control.

Oh, I agree...but I would have said that a long time ago...

Colin Cowherd (who I loathe) is now saying, while talking the new CBA "what makes the NFL work, is that it plays to the middle...not to the highest elite teams (Dallas, Steelers, Redskins, Giants) or the poorest "boo hoo", Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, etc etc"

I hate Cowherd, but his attitude that small market teams are not really all that important, I am afraid, is the same attitude that the newer owners in the NFL have...and it sounds like young money is beating old money in this deal. This is why, IMO, Ralph Wilson, and Mike Brown were objecting in 2006...they can see the end of days for their teams in the new NFL landscape. And, I don't think, back in 2006, the other owners necessarily liked the new deal, they just wanted to pass it, to avoid a labor impasse, knowing damn well there were be a lockout.

It almost feels like this work stoppage was/is as much of a battle between the "old NFL" and the "new NFL" as it was/is about ownership vs players.

Idiots like Cowherd always seem to forget how big Green Bay and New Orleans are. Just huge, booming metropolises.

No news here. Just another sports writer relaying opinions and speculation from some other sports writer, who reported on another reporter's Twitter feed, who commented on a column in Polskaloosa Post, which heavily borrowed from an amateur blog, which was only a poor rip off of Bleacher Report to begin with, which just makes things up.

The origins of these types of stories is astounding. One guy makes an off the cuff remark to the effect of "Q: Who will move to LA if the NFL approves the relocation, and investors raise enough money, and the city funds a new stadium? A: Uhhhh, I don't know. Maybe Buffalo?" The next morning two writers who have to make a deadline expand on this speculation, then 10 guys read their column and run with it, then every hack in the country is reporting on how every other hack has the exact same story, and since everyone is reporting that Buffalo MIGHT move to LA, it must be true.

It's crazy how some of these guys actually get paid to recycle each others "work".

Edited by Jauronimo

I get that this is a big-market, big-money game, I really do. The Jerry Jones and Dan Snyders call the shots. But they all need somebody to play, correct? Or is the theory that there will eventually be three teams in NY, Chicago, LA, Dallas and, of course, the Packers will survive. I know there's no love for the small-market teams in the current negotiations, but the league isn't shrinking either.

I get that this is a big-market, big-money game, I really do. The Jerry Jones and Dan Snyders call the shots. But they all need somebody to play, correct? Or is the theory that there will eventually be three teams in NY, Chicago, LA, Dallas and, of course, the Packers will survive. I know there's no love for the small-market teams in the current negotiations, but the league isn't shrinking either.

will that scenario work?, three teams in chicago, three in LA, 4 in NYC, is that what the league wants? does it wanna be like major league baseball which no one cares about outside of the philly, boston and nyc corridor. i sure hope not, but, hopefully if that happens, jerry jones and dan snyder, robert kraft , will eat themselves up, metaphorically speaking.

Edited by dwight in philly

Idiots like Cowherd always seem to forget how big Green Bay and New Orleans are. Just huge, booming metropolises.

No argument from me. You will not find someone who hates Cowherd more than me. But, it is hard to ignore the message...it isn't just coming from him.

Green Bay is the exception to every rule, for the NFL. They are a national team, as much as a local team. The Bills, are not at that level. Don't forget, the Saints, more than likely, were saved, for New Orleans, by Katrina. Winning a Super Bowl gave them more life. Unless that city has an unprecdented re-birth, it won't be long before they, too, are considered extinct in New Orleans.