RIP Ryan Dunn

In the 7 posts before yours, including my OP, there wasnt a lot of "slapping him on the back and telling him to rest in peace". If you bother to read them. A few of us saying "he was our favorite" or "seemed like a good guy", but no one is canonizing him here. Relax.

Thread title "RIP Ryan Dunn"

Would you like a mulligan?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1, I feel 10x worse for the person in the passenger seat. Although they probably were together at some point IF he was intoxicated and knew what he was getting into.

me too. And I laugh at the term Ryan Dunn star. Anyone that killed their buddy speeding while drunk after bragging about drinking on their twitter page hours earlier is truly a jackass to say the least

Nah, its just a better way of titling a thread than "Ryan Dunn is Dead", imo. Although, I guess I did miss the opportunity to use "More like Ryan Done".

:lol:

yeah, heard all about it today, happened about 5 miles from my house...never saw the show, so honestly don't even know the name...i do know who Johnny Knoxville is and have heard of Bam Margera(?)....never heard of this guy until I heard about the accident today...

Some Jackass.

He died as he lived.

When I lived in Buffalo I encountered more drunk drivers than anywhere else I have ever lived, some of you have admitted to drinking and driving but not going 100 mph or killing someone else. First, if you have at one point drank and drove shut up you hypocrites, second his passenger knew what he was getting into. If you drink with someone all night and then get in the car with them you are just as wrong.

Saying RIP to someone who you enjoyed watching isn't condoning their actions so you can calm down Dad.

Edited by BuffaloBillsSD

When I lived in Buffalo I encountered more drunk drivers than anywhere else I have ever lived, some of you have admitted to drinking and driving but not going 100 mph or killing someone else. First, if you have at one point drank and drove shut up you hypocrites, second his passenger knew what he was getting into. If you drink with someone all night and then get in the car with them you are just as wrong.

Saying RIP to someone who you enjoyed watching isn't condoning their actions so you can calm down Dad.

Come down here in the Charlotte area. Every weekend the checkpoints are full of em.

Speculation based on his lifestyle and the picture he tweeted 3 hours before the crash where he is drinking.

I imagine the lack of a public denial from friends or family lends credence to it too. I'm sure a straight answer from the bartender, other patrons etc wasn't hard to come by today - and honor would've been defended if there was any in the incident. The fact that those that care have avoided the topic... Means it's likely not good.

That and being out til 3am tweeting pics of yourself drinking

It hasn't been confirmed that he was drunk, however, one of his friends with him at the bar that night said he had drank 3 Coronas and 3 "girlie shots" over the span of 5 hours. Another person at the bar who was not his friend said that Dunn was hammered.

There was alcohol involved, question is, how much?

The bartender claims that Dunn wasn't even remotely drunk. This could be him protecting his own arse after over-serving then letting a patron drive (makes him liable if he is drunk).

The body didn't burn, it was recovered before the car went up in flames. They're doing the toxicology on it right now.

If it comes out he was sober, a lot of "holier than thou" folks on this board better be ready with a mea culpa. I'm going to wait to pass judgement on the guy until we find out if he was wasted.

If he was, then he's an absolute idiot.

Either way, he's still an idiot. Driving at those speeds, you're putting yourself at risk (I guess the speeding thing is another assumption though). But I will give him credit for one thing, at least he didn't take out a second car while doing it. A minor victory, but hey, it's something.