Tim Russert

CowgirlsFan

Have been seeing more of Luke Russert on NBC lately, first with the Charlie Rangel confrontation, now with 'Weiner-Gate' B-)

Young Luke seems to be 'coming of age', and reminds me of his father with his hard-hitting, pointed, but always fair questions, and a relentless refusal to back down.

Have been seeing more of Luke Russert on NBC lately, first with the Charlie Rangel confrontation, now with 'Weiner-Gate' B-)

Young Luke seems to be 'coming of age', and reminds me of his father with his hard-hitting, pointed, but always fair questions, and a relentless refusal to back down.

And I'm sure he got the job based strictly on his journalism background.

May we all pause and think of his family again.

May he rest in peace, but IMHO he was vastly overrated as a journalist. He was the voice of the Washington conventional wisdom, never challenged a single fundamental assumption of The Village. I honor his Bills fandom, I'm sorry he died before his time, I'm sure he was a good man to his friends and family, but that's it.

May he rest in peace, but IMHO he was vastly overrated as a journalist. He was the voice of the Washington conventional wisdom, never challenged a single fundamental assumption of The Village.

What were you expecting of the man? I podcasted Meet the Press religiously: he raked everyone over the coals regardless of station or political affiliation, asked insightful questions and teased information out from his guests. That's what was expected of him. If you want someone who challenges the system, pick up a copy of Artvoice. If you want someone who challenges people in power, that was Tim Russert. Guess which option is more constructive?

Russert did his job and he did it extremely well, and was an impeccable embodiment of his hometown and his football team.

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk

What were you expecting of the man? I podcasted Meet the Press religiously: he raked everyone over the coals regardless of station or political affiliation, asked insightful questions and teased information out from his guests. That's what was expected of him. If you want someone who challenges the system, pick up a copy of Artvoice. If you want someone who challenges people in power, that was Tim Russert. Guess which option is more constructive?

Russert did his job and he did it extremely well, and was an impeccable embodiment of his hometown and his football team.

From someone dealing with the recent death of my grandmother, i applaud you for defending Russert. I believe he said it best, "go bills!!!!"

We clearly didn't see the same man. But it's unseemly to argue about it on the anniversary of the man's death. Peace.

We clearly didn't see the same thing? Well, you'd be the only one on the planet that didn't see it! As a progressive liberal, I winced seeing him grill Democrats on Meet the Press and was delighted to watch him interrogate Republicans. NOW, David Gregory does such a poor imitation I hardly watch. Tim went hard after everyone, but in a fair manner. You are entitled to your opinion, I guess, but its lacking one important element ... facts.

As a progressive liberal, I winced seeing him grill Democrats on Meet the Press and was delighted to watch him interrogate Republicans. NOW, David Gregory does such a poor imitation I hardly watch. Tim went hard after everyone, but in a fair manner.

+1. I thought it was the Buffalo homer in me who didn't think Gregory was measuring up but it sounds like someone else feels the same way. I follow Gregory on Twitter for old time's sake, but jeez, the transition from Russert to Gregory is reminiscent of Bills' post-Kelly QB situation. Times 100.

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk

Wow this board can't even pause to remember someone globally respected for how he did his job and who never forgot his home town plus win or lose he never stopped being a Bills' fan.

I will never understand those whose love of the negative always has them writing or saying something that is meant to tear down another,.

This thread was a good reminder of a lost friend and there is absolutely no need to tarnish his memory or the success of his son,

This thread was a good reminder of a lost friend and there is absolutely no need to tarnish his memory or the success of his son,

I'm with you on the first count, but Luke is a living reminder of his legacy. Why shouldn't he be touted a bit?

RIP, Uncle Tim.

Don't know if Fr. Sturm ever threw Tim down the stairs or smacked him in the head with his Latin book, but I'm sure TR has heard the words, "Russert, you have JUG!"

It's so refreshing to read, in Big Russ & Me, how fondly Tim recalls growing up in Buffalo - even the disciplinary experiences at CHS. It seem that, for Russert, virtually every life experience became a lesson on how to live and succeed.

Here's to fondly remembering one of The BuffTown's greatest ambassadors...

Tim Russert: Sharing Buffalo with America :thumbsup:

As TR often finished...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

post-2970-056342800 1308057177_thumb.jpg

May we all pause and think of his family again.

Wow hard to believe 3 yrs.-I was visiting Buffalo-- working out at a gym in Williamsville-and saw the headline on one of the TVs.

Felt sick..then shed a few tears.I'm sure a few of you guys did too.58 was way too young. Buffalo lost its greatest ambassador that day.