Tim Russert

CowgirlsFan

You know the old saying, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

I'd must rather have Tim Russert's boy, than Dubya's twin daughter. She's about as worthless as Tiki Barber was. At least Luke has talent, he learned it from a master instead of a President who ruined the American economy with his IRAQ war which he condoned from lies about WMD's that never existed.

Oops - my bad. Thought this thread was a tribute to the late Tim Russert - one the biggest, most shameless Bills fans ever; a class act, top journalist, and tireless Buffalo booster.

Maybe the mods should close it down before it dissolves into a senseless rant about nepotism or presidential policy. <_<

What were you expecting of the man? I podcasted Meet the Press religiously: he raked everyone over the coals regardless of station or political affiliation, asked insightful questions and teased information out from his guests. That's what was expected of him. If you want someone who challenges the system, pick up a copy of Artvoice. If you want someone who challenges people in power, that was Tim Russert. Guess which option is more constructive?

Russert did his job and he did it extremely well, and was an impeccable embodiment of his hometown and his football team.

Here's the part I liked about him and he did seem like a nice man.

What were you expecting of the man? I podcasted Meet the Press religiously: he raked everyone over the coals regardless of station or political affiliation, asked insightful questions and teased information out from his guests. That's what was expected of him. If you want someone who challenges the system, pick up a copy of Artvoice. If you want someone who challenges people in power, that was Tim Russert. Guess which option is more constructive?

Russert did his job and he did it extremely well, and was an impeccable embodiment of his hometown and his football team.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He was the anti-Hannity, anti-Limbaugh. He could make his point with subtlety and class. Whether I agreed with his leaning or direction, I always highly respected him.

Rest in peace Tim, you will always be remembered and very much missed. God bless your family.

I very much liked Tim Russert and was deeply saddened by his untimely death. As to his kid, he's interchangeable with thousands of other "TV personalities." Clearly, the reason he has the job is his last name. His father had a wide and deep background in all sorts of political activity before going to journalism which certainly is a good part of the reason he was such a compelling host once he moved into that stage of his life. In his kid's case, his life experience is what? He should be off doing other things for ten or twenty years.

+1. I thought it was the Buffalo homer in me who didn't think Gregory was measuring up but it sounds like someone else feels the same way. I follow Gregory on Twitter for old time's sake, but jeez, the transition from Russert to Gregory is reminiscent of Bills' post-Kelly QB situation. Times 100.

+2 You said it best in that statement.

Tim Russert was a very respectable journalist and was a straight shooter, not a kiss-up.

I miss him very much.

I very much liked Tim Russert and was deeply saddened by his untimely death. As to his kid, he's interchangeable with thousands of other "TV personalities." Clearly, the reason he has the job is his last name. His father had a wide and deep background in all sorts of political activity before going to journalism which certainly is a good part of the reason he was such a compelling host once he moved into that stage of his life. In his kid's case, his life experience is what? He should be off doing other things for ten or twenty years.

Why?

Last time I checked, NBC didn't make Luke host of Meet the Press - they gave him a 'cub reporter' role on MSNBC, their cable subsidiary. For all anyone knows, this may very well be one of the MANY 'other things' he does for the next ten or twenty years, on a path to pursuing something totally aside from TV journalism.

(And - if he does happen to choose to remain in journalism his entire career - does it matter how he got his start if, over time, he develops into one of the best in the business?)

+2 You said it best in that statement.

Tim Russert was a very respectable journalist and was a straight shooter, not a kiss-up.

I miss him very much.

TR also knew the profound truth in the saying...

"To build a school on Kenmore Avenue, is to build no school at all"

(...though he would never actually come right out and say it! B-) )

AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM, TIM!!!!

post-2970-059722900 1308180474_thumb.png

Edited by The Senator