Should the Bills re-sign Drayton Florence?

mjt328

ANYTHING I'VE EVER READ FROM FLORENCE IS HE WOULD LIKE TO COME BACK OR STAY IN B-LO & I HOPE HE DOES ALONG WITH THE OTHERS WE NEED SOME GOOD VETERAN PRESENCE WITH THE YOUNG GUYS WE HAVE DRAFTED & HE WOULD BE A GREAT MENTOR FOR WILLIAMS !!

you dont have to yell

I would live to see Drayton back in Buffalo. We have Mcge, Mckelvin, Williams ® and Corner right now. I think that getting Drayton back makes that position much stronger only because Corner is then our fifth cornerback. He is a very good Dime back, whereas without Drayton we have a young buck probably a UDFA in the Dime postion which makes its a weakness in my eyes. PLus, Mcgee hasn't stayed healthy lately. Just for depth purposes it makes a lot of sense.

When they picked Williams in Rd 2. it definitely is a good indication that they are not going to re-sign Florence, even though he had outplayed McKelvin.

The answer is "yes" and Michael Terry is wrong it won't be that expensive.

Last year Greer signed something between 3.5 to 4M a year with the Saints. I don't know if the Bills will be willing to pay that much. I think it is time for the Bills to cut McGee and re-sign Florence, even though they will not do it. Florence was by far the best DB on the field last season.

I say yes, but we have to understand something. This new regime doesn't owe anyone anything. I think Kelsay gets cut, Donte will be gone just like Stroud.

And we did draft Justin Rogers in the 7th. If we have any type of pass rush, I think any Dback could benefit to some degree. If Chix thinks they've done better than Florence, then they won't resign him.

I just really hope they do. I'm looking for a ripple effect. From the Dline to the Dbacks. Jmo

The new regime signed Kelsay with probably the most skewed field productivity/cash ratio of any re-sign I can remember. They won't cut him unless he completely sucks in camp.

When they picked Williams in Rd 2. it definitely is a good indication that they are not going to re-sign Florence, even though he had outplayed McKelvin.

I kind of felt like Williams' drafting was more of a sign that the team may be willing to part ways with McGee than it was an indictment of Florence.

Last year Greer signed something between 3.5 to 4M a year with the Saints. I don't know if the Bills will be willing to pay that much. I think it is time for the Bills to cut McGee and re-sign Florence, even though they will not do it. Florence was by far the best DB on the field last season.

Greer's contract averages out to $5.75M per year. I can remember being astonished that Buffalo felt that they'd rather have Terrence McGee at $7M/year than Jabari Greer at $5.75, but for some reason I was in the minority.

EDIT: found a link...

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009/03/new_orleans_saints_sign_corner.html

I almost forgot the topic at hand...

Yes, definitely re-sign Florence. I would love to see a CB trio of Florence, Williams, and McKelvin in nickel situations.

As for McGee, if he's healthy, I say try him at FS; if he doesn't cut the mustard, let him go. I've never thought that highly of him as a CB, and now that he's been a bit of an injury concern, it makes me think he's even less deserving of his gigantic paycheck.

Edited by thebandit27

Hell yes. We have the cap space x10...He was our best CB by far last year...

Unfortunately I am skeptical that they will...Ralph almost always seems to let guys like this go....And yes, Ralph has the final say...

I would have to say YES.

He's not perfect, but (unlike Lil Donte and Pus), he can make game-changing plays, something that this D desperately needs.

Well said...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I would have to say YES.

He's not perfect, but (unlike Lil Donte and Pus), he can make game-changing plays, something that this D desperately needs.

Exactly Bro...The last thing this Team needs is to lose Players who make Plays...ESPECIALLY on Defense... B-)