Pryor's Attorney confirms no more The Ohio State

this is an amazing opportunity. where would he project in next years draft?

i dont see us getting luck. chan allegedly loves pryors type. you can get him in now while fitz has a few years of solid play left.

i think id take him.

but yes, of course next years pick is important. which is why they should pounce at the chance to get next years pick in a year early.

i might go 1 but 2 for sure

you get next years selection in your camp a year early. its awesome when someone with pryors talent is available. i want him...

These guys have him as the #8 QB

I haven't found anyone who has him ranked above Barkley and Jones (no need to mention Luck) though I'm sure someone has. Personally I wouldn't use a pick higher than the 5th for him and that would make me really, really squeamish.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he'd be 5th next year? i dunno man

he was a heisman favorite on a potential national champion at qb. hes 6-6 245. cmon.

Not that this means a whole lot, but he was not in Mel Kiper's top 5 QBs for next year's draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=6436817

(ESPN Insider required.)

walterfootball.com doesn't have him in their first two rounds of next year's mock.

Edited by Captain Caveman

he'd be 5th next year? i dunno man

he was a heisman favorite on a potential national champion at qb. hes 6-6 245. cmon.

from the kipers of the world -- the best i saw him was like 10th qb off the board as a mid rounder if he wouldve declared this last year. many of those were at a WR before a QB. granted you can take that with a grain of salt, but..... i think its telling that a first isnt what we are really discussing like you think.

I'd be interested to see where Cam Newton was projected this time last year.

comparing a 3 year player with a guy that was about to join his 3rd team in 3 years and hadnt played a significant snap at the D1 level? apples and oranges?

Edited by NoSaint

Apples and oranges? More like oranges an tangerines.

yea comparing a qb with little to no film coming into the season to a guy that has 3 years with huge playing time...

cam had 12 division 1 passes, pryor had close to 800.

the fact that you have resorted to that comparison speaks volumes about what they had each shown. nothing definitively impressive. much less damning for the one with no video.

Bernie Kosar comes to mind.

What about Schlichter? Can't remember if he was supplemental or not.

<edit> who's the guy the Broncos took when they still had Elway? Maybe out of UCLA?

Tommy Maddox?

As far as Pryor is concerned, I've heard nothing but really bad things about him.

But… as BiggieScooby pointed out, Pryor has been scapegoated by the folks in Columbus. It's actually been suggested that the administration, compliance office, coaches, etc. were offering him up as a sacrificial lamb in an attempt to save their own hides.

Pryor's very gifted and very raw. Regardless of his abilities and the role that others played in his violations, Pryor has to take responsibility for some of what happened at Ohio State. I've heard he's the poster boy for the spoiled, entitled athlete… a complete prima donna.

As I posted before, I'd rather take Vince Young… someone who's already been humbled and knocked down a peg and has his feet back on the ground… than a guy like Terrelle Pryor who is still floating around with his head in the clouds thinking he's God's gift.

Pryor didn't come out based on OSU's potential for the championship this upcoming season...

If he did come out for the 2011 NFL Draft he would've been a mid-late round pick...

The chances of winning the championship lured him back--IF he would've won the national championship his draft status would've pushed him into an early pick...of course

this won't transpire now.

I would throw a 6th at him

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Pryor didn't come out based on OSU's potential for the championship this upcoming season...

If he did come out for the 2011 NFL Draft he would've been a mid-late round pick...

The chances of winning the championship lured him back--IF he would've won the national championship his draft status would've pushed him into an early pick...of course

this won't transpire now.

I would throw a 6th at him

that was less than likely with all the suspensions, you know, including his own.

he didnt come out because thus far, the tape on him is not good.

The comparisons are obvious. Same size and athletic ability and poor decision making. To think that Pryor doesn't have the potential to compete for a top 20 draft position is ridiculous. Question his espn/aau/rivals.com perverted sense of self worth but don't tell me that he can't be a great NFL player. I'll believe it when I see it, or maybe more appropriately, don't see it.

I've heard some whispers around that he may have potential as a TE. I think I'd be more interested in that aspect than him as a QB.

Whoever said the 1st or 2nd round is clearly out of their mind.

Throw in a 5th round bid and see what happens. The risk involved is too big for anything higher.

The comparisons are obvious. Same size and athletic ability and poor decision making. To think that Pryor doesn't have the potential to compete for a top 20 draft position is ridiculous. Question his espn/aau/rivals.com perverted sense of self worth but don't tell me that he can't be a great NFL player. I'll believe it when I see it, or maybe more appropriately, don't see it.

he would have had to have had a monster half of a season to be a first round pick.

again, i will point out many mocks had him as a mid round receiver, instead of a qb. many had him ranked as the 10th qb if he would have come out.

i know that those are barely credible, but we are talking about 10th qb vs 10th pick in this debate. if you can find anyone, any where, with any ounce of credibility to back your first round grade i would be very surprised. at this point, if in july there is a supplemental draft. yes they are both big, yes they are both athletic, but the numbers they put up as juniors put them in totally different classes.

Cam had more passing tds, higher completion percentage, fewer ints, and like 2 yards an attempt better. not to mention twice as many rushing yards, and 5 times as many rushing touchdowns. against sec defenses. and with two less years of division one game experience. and didnt lose a game.

there is a difference between cam not being asked to make multiple reads, and terrelle making the wrong reads regularly.

and it seems pryor has just as many if not more character concerns at this point.

where are the "compliance officers" ??....i mean Pryor is your star player.....he's rolling around town in numerous different cars, buying all kinds of expensive shoes, jewelry, tatoo's etc..

The signings for cash, which would be a violation of NCAA rules, occurred a minimum of 35 to 40 times, netting Pryor anywhere from $20,000 to $40,000 that year, the former friend says. The source spoke to ESPN under the condition that his face not be aired on TV and that his name not be published. The former friend said Pryor would spend his money lavishly at times, that the player had a "shoe fetish" and bought many expensive hats, belts and pieces of jewelry. He said he was particularly fond of Gucci items. ESPN independently confirmed Pryor made multiple such purchases.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6637444

NCAA should hit Ohio State HARD !!!!

Yah that's just what we need a guy that's all about me , me , me doesn't give a rats :censored: about any body but himself !! I was in Columbus during a game & the fans in the city said he's an ego freak LOOK AT ME I'M GODS GIFT TO FOOTBALL !! And wasn't afraid to let you know it !!

Yah i can see some one like that fitting right in with the rest of the humble guys on our team . Just look at what he did , he didn't care at all what would happen because of his actions . He's already shown me enough !1

I just hope that Nix does what he does best check the guys history & we won't have to worry about this jerk blessing the Bills with his presence . Because Nix & Gailey won't look twice at this :censored: !! Ability is only part of the equation !!

This guy is a HUGE JACK ASS ! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I remember early in the recruiting process the Gators kind of half heartedly threw their name in as wanting him, and then really never showed much interest after that. With all they hype I couldn't understadn why they weren't going hard for him....then I watched the rest of it play out. The way he acted during the recruiting process was pathetic. For those that saw it and have now seen how he's continued to act for the past 3 years, it's obvious what kind of character he has. It will be shocking if he makes it as a starter in the NFL, and more than likely he'll be a detriment to whatever team gets him until he's finally run out of the league.

where are the "compliance officers" ??....i mean Pryor is your star player.....he's rolling around town in numerous different cars, buying all kinds of expensive shoes, jewelry, tatoo's etc..

The signings for cash, which would be a violation of NCAA rules, occurred a minimum of 35 to 40 times, netting Pryor anywhere from $20,000 to $40,000 that year, the former friend says. The source spoke to ESPN under the condition that his face not be aired on TV and that his name not be published. The former friend said Pryor would spend his money lavishly at times, that the player had a "shoe fetish" and bought many expensive hats, belts and pieces of jewelry. He said he was particularly fond of Gucci items. ESPN independently confirmed Pryor made multiple such purchases.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6637444

NCAA should hit Ohio State HARD !!!!

Amen brother. OSU, Tressel, and Pryor all deserve punishment for their cavalier treatment of the rules.

Amen brother. OSU, Tressel, and Pryor all deserve punishment for their cavalier treatment of the rules.

Does anyone really think this is the only school, where player's trade signed merch for favors or cash?

Does anyone really think is the only school where players or players family members get sweetheart deal on a cars?

Just saying you would have to be really foolish to think this is the only place in the country where a kid gets a free tat for a signed jersey.

Do you see the ink on Saturdays? Do you know how expensive that is?

Does anyone really think this is the only school, where player's trade signed merch for favors or cash?

Does anyone really think is the only school where players or players family members get sweetheart deal on a cars?

Just saying you would have to be really foolish to think this is the only place in the country where a kid gets a free tat for a signed jersey.

Do you see the ink on Saturdays? Do you know how expensive that is?

I am not foolish. I know it is common, and that does not make it right. I would shitcan the entire college football system tomorrow, if you want to know the truth.

Two edits:

1. Everyone may be doing it, but that does not mean that those who get caught get a pass. Period.

2. Wow, a profanity made it past the filter. Sorry about that!

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

I am not foolish. I know it is common, and that does not make it right. I would shitcan the entire college football system tomorrow, if you want to know the truth.

Two edits:

1. Everyone may be doing it, but that does not mean that those who get caught get a pass. Period.

2. Wow, a profanity made it past the filter. Sorry about that!

Until a college football systems comprehends that they are a forced minor league for the NFL for the Top tier talent there will always be problems. It's not 1920. The Top tier talent are the ones involved in most scandals, not the kids at the bottom of the scholarship ladder or walk-ons.

A system has to comprehend that many of these young men would like to enter the workforce and earn money in the career of pro football but do not have an outlet to enter the work force and are essentially forced to play college football for 3 years until they can enter the workforce.

The NFL will most likely never establish a minor league of their own like NHL, NBA, and MLB because they would have to figure out how to make it work economically. Right now the NFL has a free minor league.

So when the NCAA comes out with some sort of revenue sharing system with scholarship athletes in DI programs for Football then this will always happen and will always have selective enforcement. Some media slub could stick their nose unto any major college program any day of the week and find the same thing. Go to a restaurant in a college town. Look on the walls. See that current player's jersey with the autograph. You think that got there through ebay?

Its just a complete farce of and mockery of any kind of moral code or sense of justice.

Big woop you got the vest for something everyone already knew was happening and is happening right now in every D-1 program. La-di-freaking Dah.

Call me when you can give players a work-study program for scholarship athletes in the FBS, funded by the TV contracts. $50 an hour to play the game and practice. Then throw the death penalty to any program that screws around on the side. Then there is a sense of justice and a moral code I can get behind.

Edited by Why So Serious?