Pryor's Attorney confirms no more The Ohio State

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now here is a guy you'd have to consider grabbing if he comes out in the supplemental draft. Was listening to Cowherd today and although I disagree with most of his analogies I believe he hit spot on with Pryor. A poor man's Cam Newton who has improved during college career in terms of his completion percentage and is considered a coachable player. Also look at his win loss record and his size 6'6'' 245.

Given a few years to develop under Fitz this maybe the QB of the future. I believe Pryor is in the Big Ben, Donte Culpepper, Cam Newton class of big dudes who can sling the rock. While Pryor doesn't have Cam's foot speed he was once considered a big possession wide receiver qb to wr convert like Arkansas Matt Jones, a guy who had decent straightline speed and good hands.

Edited by BiggieScooby

I could not disagree more. We can argue all day about whether or not college athletes should or should not be paid. But the fact of the matter is right now they are not, and Pryor has been behaving in a manner that is blatently opposite the current rules.

When Pryor showed up to work out after Tressel stepped down in another new "loaner' car, that told me all I needed to know: He's not capable of being a starting QB in the NFL. Don't wast a pick.

Edited by Tim Anderson's Lunch Pail

Pryor was recruited from the 9th grade by every major college team in the country. Tressel was the guy who brought in Pryor to the corruption that is major college football. Pryor is a scape goat for Tressel apologists. Maurice Clarrett & Troy Smith were involved in scandle before Pryor came to campus. Additionally Tressel had violations investigations during his time as coach of Youngstown state. Pryor may follow the path of Maurice Clarrett, or he may follow in the foot steps of Reggie Bush and go on to reasonable NFL success. Additionally the difference between Pryor and Cam Newton is that one guy got caught, and the other got caught multiple times, had a chance to redeem himself and was almost torn down by another scandal. Let's let Pryor have a chance for redemption like Michael Vick.

I could not disagree more. We can argue all day about whether or not college athletes should or should not be paid. But the fact of the matter is right now they are not, and Pryor has been behaving in a manner that is blatently opposite the current rules.

When Pryor showed up to work out after Tressel stepped down in another new "loaner' car, that told me all I needed to know: He's not capable of being a starting QB in the NFL. Don't wast a pick.

this. at somepoint he has proven he is just going to do what makes him happy. some days that will be good for the team, some days it will get coaches fired and destroy a perrenially strong program for years to come. you just cant trust him at this point, and I would not be shocked if he never plays a meaningful down as a pro.

Remember teams like the Patriots and Jets care more about winning than winning ethically. Machiavelli said it best "the ends justify the means".

this. at somepoint he has proven he is just going to do what makes him happy. some days that will be good for the team, some days it will get coaches fired and destroy a perrenially strong program for years to come. you just cant trust him at this point, and I would not be shocked if he never plays a meaningful down as a pro.

No Saint, I respect your opinion and think you're a smart dude but I don't agree with you on this. Jim Tressel is corrupt, the BCS system is corrupt just see how the Fiesta Bowl committee spent money like a drunken sailor http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/03/30/fiesta-bowl-junker/index.html

I'm tired of mainstream Amercia buying into the conversative notion that the players are to blame. The whole system is corrupt. Don't hate the player hate the game! Coaches, administrators, presidents, the NCAA, the Bowl's, the boosters, alumni, agents, and the players they are all to blame.

Edited by BiggieScooby

Remember teams like the Patriots and Jets care more about winning than winning ethically. Machiavelli said it best "the ends justify the means".

No Saint, I respect your opinion and think you're a smart dude but I don't agree with you on this. Jim Tressel is corrupt, the BCS system is corrupt just see how the Fiesta Bowl committee spent money like a drunken sailor http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/03/30/fiesta-bowl-junker/index.html

I'm tired of mainstream Amercia buying into the conversative notion that the players are to blame. The whole system is corrupt. Don't hate the player hate the game! Coaches, administrators, presidents, the NCAA, the Bowl's, the boosters, alumni, agents, and the players they are all too blame.

cant agree with me on everything but ill try not to hold it against you :thumbsup:

i was referencing that he did it with such audacity - Its like cam newton giving a press conference and driving up in his dads new rolls royce. i dont kill kids for playing the game, but i think if they are caught, you have to prove you have some kind of common sense and i think pryor failed that miserably.

i dont disagree that most if not all colleges have the same issue - and that its not going to change until coaches start getting blackballed for offenses and high up ncaa and bcs officials get hung out to dry for lying about things...

what is a glaring red flag for me is that he just doesnt seem to care at this point. if he had tried to be discreet once things started happening, i wouldve held some hope for the kid. i just think as a qb, he was a real risky pick based on his film, couple that with the indifference that seems to be there.... recipe for disaster, and a lot of coaches wont want to deal with it. hes athletically gifted, but very raw, even when compared to a guy like cam. he will take years to develop if hes totally dedicated - and i dont think anyone buys that hes a team first, humble, dedicated, gym rat that loves to study film. some team will pick him up, but i still think that he will be in the arena/cfl/ufl game within a couple years.

theres just too many guys that are athletically gifted and have good heads on their shoulders. i dont think he is special enough to get many extra chances at the next level.

Edited by NoSaint

not trying to start anything with this good or bad but im curious

qbs in the supplemental - whats the history? many declared? any taken? any success?

it strikes me as a position that would be frowned upon by coaches in a supplemental situation. im curious if guys have gotten real chances in the past.

not trying to start anything with this good or bad but im curious

qbs in the supplemental - whats the history? many declared? any taken? any success?

it strikes me as a position that would be frowned upon by coaches in a supplemental situation. im curious if guys have gotten real chances in the past.

Bernie Kosar comes to mind.

What about Schlichter? Can't remember if he was supplemental or not.

<edit> who's the guy the Broncos took when they still had Elway? Maybe out of UCLA?

So, next year's draft picks aren't important?

this is an amazing opportunity. where would he project in next years draft?

i dont see us getting luck. chan allegedly loves pryors type. you can get him in now while fitz has a few years of solid play left.

i think id take him.

but yes, of course next years pick is important. which is why they should pounce at the chance to get next years pick in a year early.

What round would you take him in?

i might go 1 but 2 for sure

I'm not sure karl has quite grasped the concept of the supplemental draft.

you get next years selection in your camp a year early. its awesome when someone with pryors talent is available. i want him...

Now here is a guy you'd have to consider grabbing if he comes out in the supplemental draft. Was listening to Cowherd today and although I disagree with most of his analogies I believe he hit spot on with Pryor. A poor man's Cam Newton who has improved during college career in terms of his completion percentage and is considered a coachable player. Also look at his win loss record and his size 6'6'' 245.

Given a few years to develop under Fitz this maybe the QB of the future. I believe Pryor is in the Big Ben, Donte Culpepper, Cam Newton class of big dudes who can sling the rock. While Pryor doesn't have Cam's foot speed he was once considered a big possession wide receiver qb to wr convert like Arkansas Matt Jones, a guy who had decent straightline speed and good hands.

Yah that's just what we need a guy that's all about me , me , me doesn't give a rats :censored: about any body but himself !! I was in Columbus during a game & the fans in the city said he's an ego freak LOOK AT ME I'M GODS GIFT TO FOOTBALL !! And wasn't afraid to let you know it !!

Yah i can see some one like that fitting right in with the rest of the humble guys on our team . Just look at what he did , he didn't care at all what would happen because of his actions . He's already shown me enough !1

I just hope that Nix does what he does best check the guys history & we won't have to worry about this jerk blessing the Bills with his presence . Because Nix & Gailey won't look twice at this :censored: !! Ability is only part of the equation !!

This guy is a HUGE JACK ASS ! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Edited by T master