Raise The Debt Limit Already!

I completely agree with what you're saying: the concessions requests being put on the right are so stupid and easy to give up, it's worth it just to take that weapon out of the left's arsenal. I simply take issue with the fact that the hard-right no-compromise stance is the problem here.

I'm not trying to insinuate that this is simply the rights stance that is the problem here, I'm just sayin' that they should "compromise" on these two issues.

The oil companies would just pass down the costs of the elimination of oil subsidies to us. I thought you would know that by now.

You wanna know about how much more it would add to the price of gasoline? Figure out the total of the annual subsidies we provide for the oil companies ( that they dont need) and divide it by the gallons of gasoline we consume a year and you will find your answer. Here's a hint for ya, it wouldnt add even a nickel the price of gasoline per gallon.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to insinuate that this is simply the rights stance that is the problem here, I'm just sayin' that they should "compromise" on these two issues.

You wanna know about how much more it would add to the price of gasoline? Figure out the total of the annual subsidies we provide for the oil companies ( that they dont need) and divide it by the gallons of gasoline we consume a year and you will find your answer. Here's a hint for ya, it wouldnt add even a nickel the price of gasoline per gallon.

But Rush told him so. What, are you stupid? :censored:

But Rush told him so. What, are you stupid? :censored:

Anybody that does something because somebody on the radio told them to do so is a 'tard

Anybody that believes that somebody did something because somebody on the radio told them to do so is also a 'tard

Free will and personal responsibility. Can't have one without the other

Anybody that does something because somebody on the radio told them to do so is a 'tard

Anybody that believes that somebody did something because somebody on the radio told them to do so is also a 'tard

Free will and personal responsibility. Can't have one without the other

Please, his posts (1billsfan) mimic Rush's rants all the time. At best, he follows boards who mimic Rush. He is a hack, pure and simple.

Edited by Booster4324

So you listen to Rush and follow Rush message boards?

I listen to Rush on a regular basis. I tend to drive around the time he is on and it is that or Jim Rome or music. While I find him contemptible, at least he is talking about relevant stuff. I do not follow any boards that tend to parrot the likes of Rush.

I listen to Rush on a regular basis. I tend to drive around the time he is on and it is that or Jim Rome or music. While I find him contemptible, at least he is talking about relevant stuff. I do not follow any boards that tend to parrot the likes of Rush.

:devil: You're here aren't you? :devil:

1billsfan, wacka, etc.

Don't bother, you got it right. I will post the transcript tomorrow, but tonight on Special Report Charles Krauthammer shot down in flames Obama's ridiculous assertions for the necessity of getting rid of tax breaks to bring down the deficit. Something about adding them up for every year since John the Baptist and still not adding up to one month of Obama debt. Probably got that wrong but it's along those lines.

He obviously fooled a few people here into thinking that this was a non-partisan speech. It's amazing that people are still so swayed by him. He's either acting like a immature adolescent refusing to face the cold hard realities the adults in the room are telling him or he's merely a mouthpiece repeating the garbage that his far left advisories actual believe and he's too stupid to know any better. He must have said "corporate jet" about twenty times. This guy has no clue what he's doing. What do you expect from a loser who voted "present" 128 times in the state senate.

President's Revenue Proposals vs National Debt. Nice work on the back of an envelope by Charles.

President's Revenue Proposals vs National Debt. Nice work on the back of an envelope by Charles.

Thank you for finding that for me. I forgot about posting it. Great commentary there by Charles.

For the guy who made the not-so-complimentary accusatory proclamation that I listen to Rush then parrot what ever he says here. Even if I did, who cares. The reason why no one should care is because it turns out that all of the clown-like acts of Rush, Beck and Hannity were right about Obama all along. Can anyone dispute this? For the record, I get my news and commentary from a smattering of Real Clear Politics, Fox News, Drudge, Newbusters, Rush, Hannity, John Batchelor and Doug McIntyre of Red Eye Radio (by far the best radio guy in the country). I'm unapologetic about it. BTW, this is coming from a former democrat and someone who was a big fan of Bill Clinton...LOL I hated Rush up until the 2008 elections. I currently think his radio show is tolerable but only in small portions. So yes, I do tune in from time to time. Not sure why admitting it is so controversial.

For those who are interested, Red Eye Radio (FYI, Doug wasn't in on July 3rd so you'll have to choose an earlier podcast to listen to him)...

http://www.wabcradio.com/sectional.asp?id=37817

Savings by eliminating breaks on oil/gas subsidies and corporate Jets - 40 billion

Savings by cutting WIC, that the rethugicans had to have - 650 million

Charles can stick that envelope where the sun don't shine

Let's see...Charles Krauthammer? ...lybob?

Krauthammer? ...lybob?

Man, I'm just not sure WHO would be more accurate. :lol:

By the way...savings by cutting Obamacare? Over a trillion dollars.

I can say the same things about any of these rethugican cuts that the Krauthammer said about ending Oil and Gas subsidies or corporate jets- Did you want Obama to go through a 200 item list, If it was me with the Krauthammer I'd say yeah you're right but wait until we end the Bush Tax cuts to the wealthy, put in a 1% financial transaction tax, uncap the payroll tax from $106,000 to unlimited, and tax capital gains and dividends as ordinary income. I'm sure he'd have something clever to say after he recovered from his stroke.

Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy. $445 million annual savings.

Save America’s Treasures Program. $25 million annual savings.

International Fund for Ireland. $17 million annual savings.

Legal Services Corporation. $420 million annual savings.

National Endowment for the Arts. $167.5 million annual savings.

National Endowment for the Humanities. $167.5 million annual savings.

Hope VI Program. $250 million annual savings.

Amtrak Subsidies. $1.565 billion annual savings.

Eliminate duplicative education programs. H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.

U.S. Trade Development Agency. $55 million annual savings.

Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy. $20 million annual savings.

Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding. $47 million annual savings.

John C. Stennis Center Subsidy. $430,000 annual savings.

Community Development Fund. $4.5 billion annual savings.

Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid. $24 million annual savings.

Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half. $7.5 billion annual savings.

Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20%. $600 million annual savings.

Essential Air Service. $150 million annual savings.

Technology Innovation Program. $70 million annual savings.

Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program. $125 million annual savings.

Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization. $530 million annual savings.

Beach Replenishment. $95 million annual savings.

New Starts Transit. $2 billion annual savings.

Exchange Programs for Alaska, Natives Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts. $9 million annual savings.

Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants. $2.5 billion annual savings.

Title X Family Planning. $318 million annual savings.

Appalachian Regional Commission. $76 million annual savings.

Economic Development Administration. $293 million annual savings.

Programs under the National and Community Services Act. $1.15 billion annual savings.

Applied Research at Department of Energy. $1.27 billion annual savings.

FreedomCAR and Fuel Partnership. $200 million annual savings.

Energy Star Program. $52 million annual savings.

Economic Assistance to Egypt. $250 million annually.

U.S. Agency for International Development. $1.39 billion annual savings.

General Assistance to District of Columbia. $210 million annual savings.

Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. $150 million annual savings.

Presidential Campaign Fund. $775 million savings over ten years.

No funding for federal office space acquisition. $864 million annual savings.

End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.

Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act. More than $1 billion annually.

IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget. $1.8 billion savings over ten years.

Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees. $1 billion total savings.

Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees. $1.2 billion savings over ten years.

Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of. $15 billion total savings.

Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress.

Eliminate Mohair Subsidies. $1 million annual savings.

Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. $12.5 million annual savings.

Eliminate Market Access Program. $200 million annual savings.

USDA Sugar Program. $14 million annual savings.

Subsidy to Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). $93 million annual savings.

Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program. $56.2 million annual savings.

Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs. $900 million savings.

Ready to Learn TV Program. $27 million savings.

Edited by ....lybob

Let's see...Charles Krauthammer? ...lybob?

Krauthammer? ...lybob?

Man, I'm just not sure WHO would be more accurate. :lol:

By the way...savings by cutting Obamacare? Over a trillion dollars Priceless.

Fixed it for you.

Now the GOP has trotted out the Balanced Budget Amendment. Oh joy. I thought the Republicans wanted government run like a business? What business do you know of that is forbidden to carry debt? If this was a serious proposal and not just political bs playing upon the ignorance of Ron Paul types I'd call this treasonous, an deliberate attempt to cripple our Federal Republic

Now the GOP has trotted out the Balanced Budget Amendment. Oh joy. I thought the Republicans wanted government run like a business? What business do you know of that is forbidden to carry debt? If this was a serious proposal and not just political bs playing upon the ignorance of Ron Paul types I'd call this treasonous, an deliberate attempt to cripple our Federal Republic

Nice. BTW, we already have fourteen trillion in debt you idiot.

This is what I love about progressives like yourself; the entire premise of your whining is something you "thought," as in "I thought the Republicans wanted (fill in the blank)."

Very resourceful. I suspect next you'll whine about how the right is deliberatly attempting to destroy civil rights because "I thought Republicans wanted to put every illegal immigrant in a VW microbus and drop them off at at a TJ Chicklets factory."

This is what I love about progressives like yourself; the entire premise of your whining is something you "thought," as in "I thought the Republicans wanted (fill in the blank)."

Very resourceful. I suspect next you'll whine about how the right is deliberatly attempting to destroy civil rights because "I thought Republicans wanted to put every illegal immigrant in a VW microbus and drop them off at at a TJ Chicklets factory."

Fact: Republicans are pushing a balanced budget amendment

Fact: LABillzFan is a moron