Raise The Debt Limit Already!

Now the GOP has trotted out the Balanced Budget Amendment. Oh joy. I thought the Republicans wanted government run like a business? What business do you know of that is forbidden to carry debt? If this was a serious proposal and not just political bs playing upon the ignorance of Ron Paul types I'd call this treasonous, an deliberate attempt to cripple our Federal Republic

A balanced US budget carries a whole shipload of debt, just makes it harder to take on new debt. But you're not one to let the facts get in the way. As you were.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact: LABillzFan is a moron

Even with an insult you can't come up with an original thought.

You can't save the republic from mean white boys whose sole purpose is to cripple the United States with actions you "think" they're trying to accomplish if you can't do anything more than muster up a "(Fill in the blank) is a moron."

C'mond, Dave. We know stupid hurts, but fight through the pain and come up with one, solid original thought.

Edited by LABillzFan

C'mond, Dave. We know stupid hurts, but fight through the pain and come up with one, solid original thought.

I beg to differ. Dave's particular brand of stupid is quite original.

It also doesn't hurt nearly enough, I think...

I beg to differ. Dave's particular brand of stupid is quite original.

It also doesn't hurt nearly enough, I think...

Old Tom, hitting two posters with one stone.

A-hole!

A balanced US budget carries a whole shipload of debt, just makes it harder to take on new debt. But you're not one to let the facts get in the way. As you were.

Oh, excuse me! The Federal government will no longer be able to add more debt in a growing economy, with a growing population and who knows what new needs in the future. I feel so much better now you complete idiot :wallbash:

Oh, excuse me! The Federal government will no longer be able to add more debt in a growing economy, with a growing population and who knows what new needs in the future. I feel so much better now you complete idiot :wallbash:

You're welcome for the correction.

This latest negotiation by Obama directly with the Republicans is interesting. He's end-run his own party and trying to strike his own deal. Say what you want but that's taking the bull by the horns and leading. It will be interesting to see if the Congressional Dems fall in line if he hammers out a deal. In the end, he's right to step in because the groupthink that is the Dem party won't concede on drastic spending cuts. A single executive, however, can cut through that BS.

If Obama pulls off a meaningful compromise plan, he could well start to win back some Independent voters. It's a huge political move to the center if he pulls it off. Kind of excited to see if a good plan of cuts and new taxes new revenues by closing loopholes (who are they kidding with this nonsensical word game) ends up on the table.

Edited by Peace

This latest negotiation by Obama directly with the Republicans is interesting. He's end-run his own party and trying to strike his own deal. Say what you want but that's taking the bull by the horns and leading. It will be interesting to see if the Congressional Dems fall in line if he hammers out a deal. In the end, he's right to step in because the groupthink that is the Dem party won't concede on drastic spending cuts. A single executive, however, can cut through that BS.

If Obama pulls off a meaningful compromise plan, he could well start to win back some Independent voters. It's a huge political move to the center if he pulls it off. Kind of excited to see if a good plan of cuts and new taxes new revenues by closing loopholes (who are they kidding with this nonsensical word game) ends up on the table.

Not that I trust him any more because of this, as he's dogmatic as they come...but it is refreshing to see SOMEONE in Washington trying to put practical needs ahead of their party doctrine to any degree. If he gets both sides to concede on anything, it'll be one of the bigger successes of his administration.

He's got no choice but to concede to some cuts if he wants any chance at re-election.

It all comes out to appeasing the lemming democrats and republicans......Best country on earth.....just keep repeating that until you forget everything else.

He's got no choice but to concede to some cuts if he wants any chance at re-election.

All he does is concede to the Republicans. Let them hang themselves on this. Sorry but closing tax loop holes or moving the tax rate back to where it was pre-Bush is not a bad thing and will not kill this country. And yes, spending should be cut as well.

Edited by pBills

All he does is concede to the Republicans. Let them hang themselves on this. Sorry but closing tax loop holes or moving the tax rate back to where it was pre-Bush is not a bad thing and will not kill this country. And yes, spending should be cut as well.

They've only had control of the house for 6 months. The Dems had control of both houses and the WH for two years.

Y'Know, this has been pointed out to you at length many many times, yet you still puke out the same old ****.

How old are you?

Because conceding to the Republicans lets him campaign in 2012 on "We made concessions for the good of the country, the Republicans only care about corporate CEOs and Wall Street fat-cats!" class warfare.

Both sides are putting their party's interest ahead of the country's. I trust the House Republicans less to overcome that than I do Obama (the House Republicans, in general, are idiots, particularly for thinking that the debt can be dealt with ONLY by cutting spending; Obama's just milquetoast and doesn't want to deal with anything in a substantive fashion). But fundamentally, both sides of the aisle aren't doing anything other than trying to make political hay out of this.

You mean he's finally leading by listening to Bill Clinton?

Good thing that there's an established groundwork by Bush & advice from Clinton to be had. Otherwise, the whirlwind of opinion poll rulemakings would make me very dizzy.

Edited by GG

You mean he's finally leading by listening to Bill Clinton?

Good thing that there's an established groundwork by Bush & advice from Clinton to be had. Otherwise, the whirlwind of opinion poll rulemakings would make me very dizzy.

Listening and then acting are all part of leading.

He had to cut out the Dems to move this forward because they won't compromise. Now we'll see if the Republicans will STFU and raise taxes like is clearly needed. If Obama gets both sides to blink and pisses off the Congressional Dems in the process, he will deserve a lot of credit.

Put it this way: Despite his many failures, I'm rooting pretty damn hard that he and the Congressional Reps can come up with a real plan. His involvement and end-run around his party leaders is the first great development we've seen. Since he jumped in, you've got talk about more aggressive spending cuts and also concessions that taxes need to be raised. Reasonable people knew fixing the debt problem would require both and now we're finally hearing that both might be part of the plan.

Just hoping we might get this right. And again, if we do: Obama will deserve credit.

Edited by Peace

He had to cut out the Dems to move this forward because they won't compromise. Now we'll see if the Republicans will STFU and raise taxes like is clearly needed.

They will. But they won't be meaningful, and who knows how long they're going to B word about it before they do...

Jumping in at the 11th hour is not leading, but belatedly reacting.

He had to cut out the Dems to move this forward because they won't compromise. Now we'll see if the Republicans will STFU and raise taxes like is clearly needed. If Obama gets both sides to blink and pisses off the Congressional Dems in the process, he will deserve a lot of credit.

Put it this way: Despite his many failures, I'm rooting pretty damn hard that he and the Congressional Reps can come up with a real plan. His involvement and end-run around his party leaders is the first great development we've seen. Since he jumped in, you've got talk about more aggressive spending cuts and also concessions that taxes need to be raised. Reasonable people knew fixing the debt problem would require both and now we're finally hearing that both might be part of the plan.

Just hoping we might get this right. And again, if we do: Obama will deserve credit.

Tax revenues will rise faster if the economy resumes growth that is expected after a steep recession. I don't see that happening with the Blamer in Chief in the White House.

Tax rates are not the problem, it's the economy, stupid.

They will. But they won't be meaningful, and who knows how long they're going to B word about it before they do...

One thing it's safe to assume: None of the actual plan will go into effect until after the election. Put it off, put it off.

Speaking of which, 2013 is when Obamacare really kicks in right? When will Congress start tackling that future B word?

yep, i agree. He will win back some independents, thats for sure if a deal gets struck. The big winners out of this will be the American Public and Obama. The big losers will be whoever wins the GOP nomination, most likely ROmney. However, I still believe ROmney will win over the independents and Florida (if he picks Rubio), which means he would be our next president.

On a sidenote, Thanks to the Dodd Frank Bill, as of July 15th of this month, I will end up losing over 60% of my revenues in my business.

Just found that out today, was hoping that the clearing house I deal with was gonna get an exemption, looks as if they wont. :(

We figure between all the brokers underneath the umbrella of this clearinghouse there will be close to 100 jobs lost.

Thanks Obama

Edited by Magox