Alt Uniform for 2011

In a season where they are unveiling a full-blown overhaul of their unis, I doubt the Bills would also come out with any kind of alternate.

The Thanksgiving weekend games are typically (and maybe officially?) throwback uni games.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case for that weekend --- we've had the '64-'65 throwbacks, but they would now probably be considered too close to the upcoming current set; and with the Donahoe atrocities just dumped, the only substantially different unis are the Super Bowl era set.

The Thanksgiving weekend games are typically (and maybe officially?) throwback uni games.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case for that weekend --- we've had the '64-'65 throwbacks, but they would now probably be considered too close to the upcoming current set; and with the Donahoe atrocities just dumped, the only substantially different unis are the Super Bowl era set.

Typically, yes. Officially, no. And usually only involving teams playing on Thanksgiving. The Bills are getting rid of the red helmets; they won't be trotting them out as a so-called throwback to the 90s anytime soon.

Teams are allowed only one alternate uniform/helmet. The standing buffalo helmet will most likely remain the Bills' alternate.

It's a certainty that the '65 throwbacks with the Grazing Bison logo will remain the alternate uniform set this season. The jerseys are back in production with the new ones, and I doubt they would be if they weren't intending on wearing them twice a year.

The logo is still too popular with at least half the fans, and would result in a MAJOR loss in apparel sales. It's a compromise to those who wanted to go back to the '65 logo fulltime.

It's a certainty that the '65 throwbacks with the Grazing Bison logo will remain the alternate uniform set this season. The jerseys are back in production with the new ones, and I doubt they would be if they weren't intending on wearing them twice a year.

The logo is still too popular with at least half the fans, and would result in a MAJOR loss in apparel sales. It's a compromise to those who wanted to go back to the '65 logo fulltime.

We have a winner.

The white helmets are kind of a compromise… but I still hope the entire getup looks good.

We have a winner.

The white helmets are kind of a compromise… but I still hope the entire getup looks good.

Here's a sneak preview of 'em .... the rest I'll leave for the BILLS to unveil on 24-June ....

I've seen the entire getup, they don't look 'good' ...

They look freakin' SUPERB !!

BILLS '11 newbies

That's actually pretty cool. Hope your birdie is reliable.

Plus, it makes sense...Ralph is so cheap, he is probably like "we have all this red helmets...we aren't going to waste them..."

:devil: Just wanted to beat Billsfreak to it!

btw- Ralph is cheap!

Just flash forward 20 years from now, you wonder if people on TSW will be waxing poetically about the 2002-2010 uniforms? :lol:

I hope we are all around for that...and by that, I mean us, and the Buffalo Bills.