Marcus Easley is looking like a beast.

I think we should wait and see if Stevie can consistently produce before we go ahead and put that much pressure on him to be THE guy for us. Last season, he would regularly follow up a big game with an average game. If he's going to be the #1, he needs to show up every game.

Totally agree...

Truth is, SJ did not have very many big games. In fact, several of his better statistical games on the stat sheet were games he was literally invisible the whole game and got the bulk of his stats on the final drive when the game was all but over. I was high on SJ before the season, and I am still high on him going into this next season...but the truth about his season last year was that he was invisible way too often, came up short in several key situations, and saw a large chunk of his stats come in times when there was little left to play for other than stats.

So, it was great to see the breakout from him, but it was far from a #1 WR peformance, so he has a lot to prove this year. He needs to show he can be a top WR and a consistent factor in the game and that he just isn't the second coming of Peerless Price. In his defense, Fitz needs to be better too for him to further his development...if Fitz can not find any consistency then the WR's won't either.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at pics of him and hearing of his size it reminds me a ton of Andre Johnson. The guy is huge. If Easley even has half of that game he's already better than every reciever we have with the exception of Stevie. IMO Evans days are numbered as a Buffalo Bill. The guy wants way too much money for only running deep.

Our future starting wrs will be:

Stevie Johnson

Marcus Easley

David Nelson

With Jones, Parrish, and Rosevelt fighting for time. I love this btw.

are you kidding me, "Stevie" butter fingers, can't catch a ball thrown directly at him Johnson. I like Johnson but when the game is on the line or we need a first down in a key point in the game I expect him to drop it every time, and am suprised when he even catches it. He is not the best reciever on the team, that goes to Evens. Evens made Stevie last year by stretching the field and getting double teamed.

are you kidding me, "Stevie" butter fingers, can't catch a ball thrown directly at him Johnson. I like Johnson but when the game is on the line or we need a first down in a key point in the game I expect him to drop it every time, and am suprised when he even catches it. He is not the best reciever on the team, that goes to Evens. Evens made Stevie last year by stretching the field and getting double teamed.

Plus I don't care how big a reciever is, cause size isn't everything. There are some very good reciever's that are small in this league. You guys on this board make him out to be a hall of famer without even seeing him play. Pre-season doesn't mean much, Spiller looked like he was going to have a great rookie year in training camp, and what happened to him. I do hope he has a great year, and I always like the fact the guy walked on his college team, that says something about his work ethic right there that many guys don't have. But lets not base what he is going to do this year based on last years pre season and his size. Let's wait until he starts catching some balls and thowing some blocks is a real game when it counts.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/05/20/johnson-easley-is-a-beast/

I can't wait to see how this offense is going to look like.

This very well could be the strongest group of wide outs the Bills have ever had.

We saw what Stevie, Nelson, and Roscoe could do with a Gailey offense. Now if Evans gets in the game more and we add in Easley (Remember everyone was saying last year that he was our steal of the draft) plus Namaan and we have a very threatening group of receivers.

Now, if we can pick up a tight end ... give Fitz a little more protection ... have a D that gets the ball back quicker ... we just might be a scoring machine!

DO I really have to be the first one to say it? Ok... Nasty you're a effin idiot. Johnson is beast. Get lost moron... Why don't we ask Fitz who the better receiver is. <_<

Also, I don't think ANYBODY on this board is making him out to be a hall of famer. Actually the one guy that has hyped him up the most is a guy that actually WATCHES him practice live every time. Stevie Johnson. If anything we are just excited of the possibilities. So relax and have a drink and stop being Debbie Downer..

We have to many recievers, if roscoe or lee dont get traded than we wont be able to keep roosevelt

Did you seriously just write that???

This very well could be the strongest group of wide outs the Bills have ever had.

We saw what Stevie, Nelson, and Roscoe could do with a Gailey offense. Now if Evans gets in the game more and we add in Easley (Remember everyone was saying last year that he was our steal of the draft) plus Namaan and we have a very threatening group of receivers.

Now, if we can pick up a tight end ... give Fitz a little more protection ... have a D that gets the ball back quicker ... we just might be a scoring machine!

I think Andre Reed, James Lofton, Pete Metzellars, Don Beebe, and Steve Taker may disagree with you. Just saying one HOF WR and one soon to be HOF WR are a lot better than this group.

Plus I don't care how big a reciever is, cause size isn't everything. There are some very good reciever's that are small in this league. You guys on this board make him out to be a hall of famer without even seeing him play. Pre-season doesn't mean much, Spiller looked like he was going to have a great rookie year in training camp, and what happened to him. I do hope he has a great year, and I always like the fact the guy walked on his college team, that says something about his work ethic right there that many guys don't have. But lets not base what he is going to do this year based on last years pre season and his size. Let's wait until he starts catching some balls and thowing some blocks is a real game when it counts.

In another discussion someone brought up Stevie's "drops" and when added together his total is not excessive and actually is right in the mix with the elite receivers in the league. Yes, we will always remember Pittsburgh but I also saw him make some truly difficult catches in his first year as a starter. I am an Evans' fan but I think the chemistry between Johnson and Fitz plus Gailey's faith in #13 has moved Stevie to the number one spot. However, I think we could have a good debate as to who the best receiver is on a team with some really good ones ... I really like Nelson's abilities and Roscoe came out last year showing he does have talent ... Easley could be a really good one and Namaan in no slouch.

You probably also question Kyle Williams' abilities since our run defense was abysmal and he didn't have double digit sacks.

Did you seriously just write that???

I think Andre Reed, James Lofton, Pete Metzellars, Don Beebe, and Steve Taker may disagree with you. Just saying one HOF WR and one soon to be HOF WR are a lot better than this group.

Point taken ... (how easy it is to forget on a Saturday night when the world was supposed to end) :oops: but I like this group and their potential.

I think we should wait and see if Stevie can consistently produce before we go ahead and put that much pressure on him to be THE guy for us. Last season, he would regularly follow up a big game with an average game. If he's going to be the #1, he needs to show up every game.

Stevie did fine after the bye. Of the 11 games post bye he had at least 5 receptions in 9 of them, against Det. he caught only 3 balls, but Fitzy only completed 12 all game. 5 receptions per game is 80 receptions in a year and that is not bad.

My concern is what does he do as the number one guy and he did OK without Lee at the end of the season, so I have hope. Easley and the other young guys will help take the pressure off Stevie.

Another "beast" imagine that!

How many does that make now???

If you put Dareus next to Easley.

Are both really beasts? And Jasper is a beast and Heard is a beast.

Why don't someone pick up a dictionary there really are more nouns and adjectives

DO I really have to be the first one to say it? Ok... Nasty you're a effin idiot. Johnson is beast. Get lost moron... Why don't we ask Fitz who the better receiver is. <_<

Also, I don't think ANYBODY on this board is making him out to be a hall of famer. Actually the one guy that has hyped him up the most is a guy that actually WATCHES him practice live every time. Stevie Johnson. If anything we are just excited of the possibilities. So relax and have a drink and stop being Debbie Downer..

Which Johnson is a beast? Andre Johnson (yes) Stevie Johnson (not yet). Fitz is the QB and is suppose to throw the ball to the open reciever and he would probably say the recievers are rated about the same not taking sides. Evans had his moments last year just like Stevie, but when the ball was thrown Evan's he caught it. He caught it in traffic and in the open field, unlike Stevie who was unrelieable. I also think we will see who the real number one is on this team this year, and that will be Lee Evans. Remember Fitz worked with Stevie alot on the "PRACTICE" team while Evans was playing football, and yes they got comfortable. But another year of playing with Evans and getting comfortable will only make them better. Heck I hope we have two stud recievers, that both but up monster stats this year like Moulds and Price the first year Bledsoe was here. But I am not going to call Stevie a beast just yet. He is the only Bills player that single handedly lost a game by himself (Pit). And nobody is called anybody on this board an effin idiot, grow up.

The receiving corps definitely has some potential, but they will only be as good as Fitz and the OL allow them to be.

Fitz getting most of the starting reps with them will help a lot. Fitz practiced a lot with Stevie last year, which is a large part of why they had success together.

As for OL, Cornell Green was a disaster from the get-go and then no one could stay healthy. Replacing him with someone else and sticking with him can only be better.

If Easley is bigger and stronger, can he block in the run game? To fit in at the TE position would be an option, just sayin'....

He, along with Demaryius Thomas and Donald Jones, were considered the best blocking WR's in last year's draft. But as for playing TE, no. Fortunately, FA has at least 4 UDA TE's who could help the Bills out (Lewis, Boss, Miller, and Daniels), and Greg Olsen is probably still available for trade.

Evans is FAR from the best WR on this team. Does Evans even work the middle? Do you recall him catching any TD other than a straight Go pattern? I don't think so

As with any reciever, he can only be as good as the QB. Im hoping Fitz builds on last year, but if we are being honest he ahs just as good a chance of regressing. Im glad Easley is physically dominant, and hoping he can be a Dez Bryant for us.

Looking at pics of him and hearing of his size it reminds me a ton of Andre Johnson. The guy is huge. If Easley even has half of that game he's already better than every reciever we have with the exception of Stevie. IMO Evans days are numbered as a Buffalo Bill. The guy wants way too much money for only running deep.

Our future starting wrs will be:

Stevie Johnson

Marcus Easley

David Nelson

With Jones, Parrish, and Rosevelt fighting for time. I love this btw.

Andre Johnson huh? Nothing wrong with setting the bar high I guess...But I'd like to see the Kid actually play in a couple Games before giving him the #2 WR Position, let alone comparing him to the best WR in the NFL...And the better these other WR's get, the better Lee Evans will get too...With WR's that can do the work underneath, and Stevie who is at least close to a complete package, Evans Game should shine through...He's still one of the fastest guys in the League and the fact he can beat you over the top should continue to open things up underneath for everyone else...

There is absolutely no reason for a Team like The Bills who lack talent to be pushing Evans aside...Money? You have to pay someone...Why not Evans? At least for the next couple years...I just don't understand how some Bills Fans (and I'm not targeting anyone specifically) can get SO excited about a QB with a lifetime 73 QB Rating and at the same time want to run a proven NFL deep threat like Lee Evans out of Town...Makes no sense to me... B-)

Evans is FAR from the best WR on this team. Does Evans even work the middle? Do you recall him catching any TD other than a straight Go pattern? I don't think so

I'm not sure I understand the love affair with Lee Evans. He wasn't a #1 receiver last year or the year before. His stats are consistently declining. He doesn't appear versatile at all. Other team's top receivers seem to produce a whole lot more than Evans does. Apparently, the opposing team is so concerned about him that in totally shutting him down things open up for everyone else... and I have some land in Florida that I'd like to sell you.

He is a nice guy I hear and the Bills could still use him, but forget about calling him a #1 receiver. The Bills don't have a #1 receiver. Stevie Johnson showed some flashes last year and he is young, but at this point everyone else is just a role player.

Edited by vincec