Aaron Maybin

First off, let's be realistic, he is not the extraordinary athlete some Bills fans thought they were getting. He's a 4.78 40 guy, not a 4.5 as you would like to see in a tweener picked that high. But more importantly, there is no power in his game. He is not physical. Combine unexceptional athleticism with a lack of power and you get no playing time in the NFL.

Ran a 4.59 40 at the Penn State pro day.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, lets put it this way people. Football is not more important than family. I am not a Maybin apologist. I a have stated numerous times that he has a snowballs chance in hell of doing something at the NFL level. That's not where I am trying to steer people. The guy has gone through a serious life changing family experience. Hating on someone at that time is sickening. Is this what being a Bills fan has come to?

How did BR get this information? Sounds like a PR move leaked by the Maybin camp to gain sympathy. Funny BR didn't mention that he has a strip club in his basement in his MD home. How many children has Maybin fathered? With how many different women? Sounds like we may have another Willis McGahee on our hands... It's terrible about the tragedy, but if he's using it for PR purposes, that's shameful...

How did BR get this information? Sounds like a PR move leaked by the Maybin camp to gain sympathy. Funny BR didn't mention that he has a strip club in his basement in his MD home. How many children has Maybin fathered? With how many different women? Sounds like we may have another Willis McGahee on our hands... It's terrible about the tragedy, but if he's using it for PR purposes, that's shameful...

The story about Maybin even having a son is not in the public realm unless I'm mistaken. Before the brief mention in the Buffalo Rumblings piece, I do not remember seeing anywhere in the local or national media any story about Maybin having a son much less one that died.

Why would "the Maybin camp" leak something like this to Buffalo Rumblings of all media outlets?

How do you know he has a strip pole in his home? Have you been there? Do you have pictures that could verify such a claim?

Why do you ask "how many children Maybin has fathered?"

Why are you comparing Maybin to Willis McGahee?

Why are you making such really ugly insinuations that so far, are completely baseless?

Or is it that you just have a really lousy sense of humor?

The story about Maybin even having a son is not in the public realm unless I'm mistaken. Before the brief mention in the Buffalo Rumblings piece, I do not remember seeing anywhere in the local or national media any story about Maybin having a son much less one that died.

Why would "the Maybin camp" leak something like this to Buffalo Rumblings of all media outlets?

How do you know he has a strip pole in his home? Have you been there? Do you have pictures that could verify such a claim?

Why do you ask "how many children Maybin has fathered?"

Why are you comparing Maybin to Willis McGahee?

Why are you making such really ugly insinuations that so far, are completely baseless?

Or is it that you just have a really lousy sense of humor?

My question is "where did this story come from? " How did BR become privy of this tragedy, since, as you point out, no one else has reported it? If it is true (and I'm assuming it is) someone close to the Maybin camp "leaked" the story to BR. Information is always leaked deliberately. It looks to me like a PR move to help repair his image among Bills fans. I hope I'm wrong & Maybin isn't that low... But it's clear that many Bills players read BR (for example, Drayton Florence recently tweeted a story they wrote...) If it turns out I'm too cynical, then so be it...

The strip club in his basement was in a Baltimore newspaper last Fall. Sorry, I don't have a link... but I'm not making it up...

That is awful about his son if that is true. No parent should ever have to bury their child. I hope Maybin can put it together but am not holding my breath. It is put up or shut up time. And keep it real Maybin. How about you make some plays before you dub yourself "Maybin Mayhem". And skimming through that article I noticed he refers to his "extraordinary IQ". Um- mr delusional- people with extraordinary IQ's score higher then 25 on the Wonderlic. A score of 10 is considered literate and Fitzmagic scored 48. Like I said Maybin- keep it real. The truth hurts

My question is "where did this story come from? " How did BR become privy of this tragedy, since, as you point out, no one else has reported it? If it is true (and I'm assuming it is) someone close to the Maybin camp "leaked" the story to BR. Information is always leaked deliberately. It looks to me like a PR move to help repair his image among Bills fans. I hope I'm wrong & Maybin isn't that low... But it's clear that many Bills players read BR (for example, Drayton Florence recently tweeted a story they wrote...) If it turns out I'm too cynical, then so be it...

The strip club in his basement was in a Baltimore newspaper last Fall. Sorry, I don't have a link... but I'm not making it up...

Well, it's odd to me that Buffalo Rumblings is reporting the story at this time when no one else has.

It also doesn't make sense to me why the Maybin camp would leak the story. Why not just go public if it's sympathy that they're after?

BTW, the disclosure of his son's death was made in "VesselVibe" and that is apparently how Buffalo Rumblings got a hold of the story.

http://www.vvibemag.com/2011/05/am/

Apparently Maybin does have a daughter and from the sounds of the VesselVibe article that was linked in the Buffalo Rumblings piece she was born the day after his son died. The article is dated recently but poorly-written and poorly laid out and there's no real sense of the chronology… it sounds like both events happened just this year.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

That's sad about his son. Had no idea.

About his speed we hear so often, exactly how fast is he? Is there a 40 time at the combine?

At the combine he had bulked up to 249 pounds and as a result, ran a disappointing 4.88.

I think at his pro day, he lost some weight and ran faster.

http://footballsfuture.com/2009/combine/de.html

That's sad about his son. Had no idea.

About his speed we hear so often, exactly how fast is he? Is there a 40 time at the combine?

Combine per wiki:

Ht 6'4"

Wt 249 lb

40 yd dash: 4.88 s

20 yd shuttle: 4.38 s

3 cone: 7.52 s

vert: 40 in

broad jump: 10ft 10 in

bench: 22 reps

wonderlic: 25

Upped his weight to 252lbs and lowered his 40 time to 4.59 seconds at the Penn State pro day.

You mean the strip club in the basement of the high rise his condo is in? Condo

Just the fact that you're actually thinking this was a PR move on Maybin's side is f**cked up. And what does it matter that other Bills players tweeted a piece from this sight. Are you naive enough to think players don't read the news??

Wrong. Flowers got on the field.

Maybin has barely even managed that.

most definitely not a good thing.

Erik Flowers played in 31 games had 4 sacks, 26 tackles, and 1 Int at this point in his "career" Maybin wishes he had the impact that Erik Flowers had.

When you're looking up at Erik Flowers that shows just how unbelievably horrible your career has gone.

First off, let's be realistic, he is not the extraordinary athlete some Bills fans thought they were getting. He's a 4.78 40 guy, not a 4.5 as you would like to see in a tweener picked that high. But more importantly, there is no power in his game. He is not physical. Combine unexceptional athleticism with a lack of power and you get no playing time in the NFL.

add to that, he is horrible at stopping and changing direction....which is crucial to catching RB's & QB's.

he is a BUST....and IMO, he will stay a BUST.

Combine per wiki:

Ht 6'4"

Wt 249 lb

40 yd dash: 4.88 s

20 yd shuttle: 4.38 s

3 cone: 7.52 s

vert: 40 in

broad jump: 10ft 10 in

bench: 22 reps

wonderlic: 25

Upped his weight to 252lbs and lowered his 40 time to 4.59 seconds at the Penn State pro day.

4.88 and 22 reps. No pursuit speed and no power. That was how he performed at the combine and that is how he plays. But I'm sure he just was sick at the combine because he usually has a 48" vertical leap. LOL.

Bottom line, they fell in love with his first step quickness, but he is not strong and doesn't play with leverage so that quick first step means nothing. And as a LB he is just plain slow.

By comparison, Arthur Moats ran faster (4.64) and had a better 3 cone(7.22) and had 24 reps at 246 at his combine. Moats was a 6th round pick. Point being, Maybin was not an elite athlete.

add to that, he is horrible at stopping and changing direction....which is crucial to catching RB's & QB's.

he is a BUST....and IMO, he will stay a BUST.

Yes, he is very awkward in the open field. The only way he ever makes an impact is if he gets passionate about the job and becomes a student of the game because he does not have exceptional skills. He is a bust, but almost all the responsibility of this bust falls on the team. Obviously the coach feels he could work harder, but the guy was a project, not a franchise player.

4.88 and 22 reps. No pursuit speed and no power. That was how he performed at the combine and that is how he plays. But I'm sure he just was sick at the combine because he usually has a 48" vertical leap. LOL.

Bottom line, they fell in love with his first step quickness, but he is not strong and doesn't play with leverage so that quick first step means nothing. And as a LB he is just plain slow.

By comparison, Arthur Moats ran faster (4.64) and had a better 3 cone(7.22) and had 24 reps at 246 at his combine. Moats was a 6th round pick. Point being, Maybin was not an elite athlete.

3 cone time? Meet me at Andersons. I will go through 3 cones in less then a minute :)

Way too soon to give up on him. For one unless he is due some ridiculous roster bonus that we are not aware of the bulk of the rookie deal money has already been paid to him. He is a cheap roster spot now. As pointed out a beefier front 7, perhaps learning from a true pass rusher like Merriman, and just experience will help.

He still looks like a huge bust but Tamba Hali looked like a bust for KC and he has very good last year. If he, Moats, and Merriman can give the Bills a decent pass rush it would be huge for the 2012 draft.