Congrats Drew Bledsoe

Rico

http://www.bostonher...s-drew-bledsoe/

He doesn't stand a prayer of making the NFL HOF ever, let alone on the 1st ballot (sorry Fez :(), but I hope this is some validation to all the little Drewsters on this board who loved him & continue to defend him to this day. :)

Even though I continue to be haunted by ugly memories of the 2002-2004 Bills (especially 2003 :sick:), I just keep saying to myself, Drew is a Patriot, Drew is a Patriot, Drew is a Patriot, and maybe some day I will forget.:thumbsup:

He doesn't stand a prayer of making the NFL HOF ever, let alone on the 1st ballot (sorry Fez :(), but I hope this is some validation to all the little Drewsters on this board who loved him & continue to defend him to this day. :)

Even though I continue to be haunted by ugly memories of the 2002-2004 Bills (especially 2003 :sick:), I just keep saying to myself, Drew is a Patriot, Drew is a Patriot, Drew is a Patriot, and maybe some day I will forget.:thumbsup:

Uh, Rico, 2002 and 2004 were two of the more entertaining seasons over the last decade plus...sad as that is. I guess I can understand thinking he sucked as a Bill, but I don't get that hate you have for him...he got old...it happens...I'd still take him over anyone who has followed, at the Bills QB position...

Uh, Rico, 2002 and 2004 were two of the more entertaining seasons over the last decade plus...sad as that is. I guess I can understand thinking he sucked as a Bill, but I don't get that hate you have for him...he got old...it happens...I'd still take him over anyone who has followed, at the Bills QB position...

Well then, this thread is for you, enjoy! :D

:w00t:

Congrats Drew!!!!! :thumbsup:

Didn't Bledsoe come in to the 2002 AFC Championship game and win it? ...then have to turn the reins back over to "fancy lad" for the SB win.

No. :lol:

Brady got the win in spite of Bumbling Bledsoe.... special credit does go though to David Patten for getting wide open in the end zone & making a circus catch on Drew's horribly over-thrown pass.

Just like the recent McNabb thread calling him over-rated and simply a product of a system etc, Drew was one of the best QBs in the league for a number of years. However many marginalize, deride and criticize them once their skills began to diminish due to age and injury.

Heck few can last like Warren Spahn and Nolan Ryan and keep their skills late into a career especially in football. Remember when everyone was freakin thrilled out of the skulls when we signed Drew and then Lawyer Milloy?

Drew and Donovan are the same professionals that they were early and later in their careers and neither ever quit on their team. Athletes do not deserve the personal derision that so many voice once they begin to fade. Now I have been one of the more vocal critics of Lee Evans, not because Lee's skills faded as I believe that he still has the skills, I just believe that he quit once he signed his big deal. Big difference between Lee versus Drew & Donovan.

Edited by jumbalaya

Google Doubleback Wine. Drew's winery got top 100 on wine spectator this year. I've met him several times as he was living in Portland OR during his Bills' and Cowboys' years. He is quite a bright guy and good businessman.

His STAT's are worthy of HOF consideration. He threw for almost 10,000 more yards than Kelly and 14 more TD's.

There's a really nice aspect to this story that the OP didn't mention which is that Drew's induction into the Cheatriots HOF was a two step process.

The media presented the fans with three candidates and the fans voted to determine which finalist would be inducted.

Drew was voted in over Bill Parcells. Small apples but it made me happy that the Chowds passed over Parcells.

Antwine Houston was the other finalist.

Blaming Bledsoe for the lack of production in 2003 is like blaming Jerry Rice for the lack of production the year after Steve Young retired. Just glancing over the offseason moves I knew the Bills would suck. You take a statuesque pocket passer whose specialties are the deep ball and spreading it around, so you take away 1 of 2 deep targets (Price) drop his check down when he's pressured (Centers) and his TE (Reimersma), neglect his line, and then act surprised when he doesn't do his best Michael Vick impression? You don't have to be Alfred Einstein to figure out that combination's not going to work. Gregg Williams should die of gonorrhea and burn in hell.

Blaming Bledsoe for the lack of production in 2003 is like blaming Jerry Rice for the lack of production the year after Steve Young retired. Just glancing over the offseason moves I knew the Bills would suck. You take a statuesque pocket passer whose specialties are the deep ball and spreading it around, so you take away 1 of 2 deep targets (Price) drop his check down when he's pressured (Centers) and his TE (Reimersma), neglect his line, and then act surprised when he doesn't do his best Michael Vick impression? You don't have to be Alfred Einstein to figure out that combination's not going to work. Gregg Williams should die of gonorrhea and burn in hell.

Statuesque? That's a nice way to put it. Frankenstein looks like Cam Newton next to Drew Bledsoe.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I knew you were patiently awaiting this moment of honor for DB My Brother...Glad it worked out for ya... ;)

As for the REAL HOF...Should he get in by some miraculous grace of God, send me your address so I can make sure the paramedics get there in time... :lol: