Mark Gaughan's article...

I saw people suggest that Russ Brandon is directly under Ralph Wilson in the food chain and above Buddy Nix. But Whaley speaks only of helping out Nix, Coach Gailey and Mr. Wilson. Let the absence of Brandon's name in that sentence serve as proof that he is no longer an authoritative figure in any way on the football side.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

I think Whaley is a hard working dedicated,and intelligent guy.

I just think that putting all the college and Pro personal is a bit much for any one guy.

Some of this is a rweaction to the Modrak situation but its still too much.

As the article mentions, Whaley is stepping back from the pro personnel side and being more of an overseer there. Someone else in the FO will be handling the day-to-day stuff of that.

Interesting article, I was surprised to find out Whaley was a brother.

I don't mean to make a thing of it, but why is it a surprise?

The article on bbills.com is even more detailed. Whaley's got his schitt together, and he and Buddy appear to be on the same page. Exciting times to be a Bills fan; they're going to turn this thing around.

The article on bbills.com is even more detailed. Whaley's got his schitt together, and he and Buddy appear to be on the same page. Exciting times to be a Bills fan; they're going to turn this thing around.

I completely agree. Getting Whaley in the first place tells us the Buddy is thinking years ahead and picking his successor. I loved that about Buddy. Since the first day I heard him talk, he just put my mind at ease about our future. Finally a football guy calling the shots. Buddy, Chan and Whaley are a great team and I haven't heard Russ speak in quite awhile. This team is being built right and from the trenches out. LOVE IT!

I saw people suggest that Russ Brandon is directly under Ralph Wilson in the food chain and above Buddy Nix. But Whaley speaks only of helping out Nix, Coach Gailey and Mr. Wilson. Let the absence of Brandon's name in that sentence serve as proof that he is no longer an authoritative figure in any way on the football side.

Let him stick to marketing ... this change is a very welcome one.

It looks like Whaley will be an excellent replacement for Buddy.

As the article mentions, Whaley is stepping back from the pro personnel side and being more of an overseer there. Someone else in the FO will be handling the day-to-day stuff of that.

I don't mean to make a thing of it, but why is it a surprise?

I was somewhat surprised too, only because of the fact that there have ever been 3 black GMs throughout the NFL's history. And this is with Newsome and Reese holding their current positions with the Ravens and Giants.

He was no doubt promoted based on merit, but it's a progressive hire nonetheless. And that's not a word you usually associate w/ the Bills.

I think Whaley is a hard working dedicated,and intelligent guy.

I just think that putting all the college and Pro personal is a bit much for any one guy.

Some of this is a rweaction to the Modrak situation but its still too much.

He's by all accounts a work-a-holic. What he's doing is preperation for stepping up one more rung in the ladder to be the GM where he'll be responsible for even more things. I have no worries that he can't handle it. He's getting good hands-on experience with his scouts in preparation for him to delegate more when he moves up. He'll know more about them, how to interpret their results and what things he can trust about them.