Dareus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I like most about Marcell and maybe its just me but in the video of him coming to Buffalo, when he goes to Mr. Wilson's office and Ralph starts getting up from his chair, Marcell went to him and helped him up. Sometimes its the little things the speak volumes. I think he will end up being a class act and someone who all of us as fans can be proud of to call a Bill.

Go Buffalo!

Dareus seems to have good manners and a certain way of speaking that just wins people over quickly. I have a sister in Alabama, right near Birmingham. The times I have visited there, I was very struck by the culture there and how nice people are. People just seem to not be in as big of a hurry and seem to just enjoy life more. Dareus has that same air about him.

Dareus seems to have good manners and a certain way of speaking that just wins people over quickly. I have a sister in Alabama, right near Birmingham. The times I have visited there, I was very struck by the culture there and how nice people are. People just seem to not be in as big of a hurry and seem to just enjoy life more. Dareus has that same air about him.

I also like how he has already said that he is going to be active in the community

Edited by figoferreira

I also like how he has already said that he is going to be active in the community

Well, that's nice and all, but I am much more interested in what he does on the football field. Don't want another JP Lossman.

What I like most about Marcell and maybe its just me but in the video of him coming to Buffalo, when he goes to Mr. Wilson's office and Ralph starts getting up from his chair, Marcell went to him and helped him up. Sometimes its the little things the speak volumes. I think he will end up being a class act and someone who all of us as fans can be proud of to call a Bill.

Go Buffalo!

Didn't see that…glad to hear it.

Marcell has already lost both his mother and father and he's only 21 years old…the 2nd youngest of 7 children.

It's possible that he's much wiser than his years.

Character-wise, I liked him a lot more than Fairley.

What people are failing to realize that it is not just Dareus (although he will be key) but this team has ALREADY started is rebiuld to stop the run......in Troup and Carrington

- Keep in mind that those two guys did not get on the field steadily till late in the year.....by that time the players around them were all beat to crap

- Carrington is a beast against the run....an absolute beast. When he got steady playing time I did not see that side of the line get pushed around at all.....now the linebackers behind them who are supposed to make the plays? Different story.

- I see this team being biult (at least on defense) VERY similarly to how the steelers biult their defense......gritty hard nosed football players. I actually think that the guy who will start that DOESNT fit the mold? Kyle Williams. Yes....he was our best player last year....yes he is a pro bowler.....but he needs to learn (much like Sam Adams back in the day) that you cannot give up your run contain to get after the passer......he has GOT to learn to maintain his gap and not leave the ILB's behind him out to dry.

BUT he does have a monster playing next to him in Dareus.....and he is backed up by a legit 335 pound nose tackle in Troup.

Didn't see that…glad to hear it.

Marcell has already lost both his mother and father and he's only 21 years old…the 2nd youngest of 7 children.

It's possible that he's much wiser than his years.

Character-wise, I liked him a lot more than Fairley.

Mother, Father, AND his High School Coach who had been looking after Marcel died during Marcel's senior year.

Another great article (from a year ago) about Marcel's background here. Cant help but love the kid...

http://blog.al.com/tide-source/2010/04/triumph_over_trial_tides_overp.html

Well, that's nice and all, but I am much more interested in what he does on the football field. Don't want another JP Lossman.

Criticize his play on the field all you like, but JP was a citizen Buffalo should be proud of. It's a shame more professional athletes don't have that attitude. It's also a shame JP had the on-field awareness of Helen Keller. No, I take that back -- Helen could probably feel the pressure.

Go Buffalo!

I saw that too, and you are absolutely right that it is little actions like that that speak volumes. That level of quiet respect for your fellow human beings, particularly our elders, is just not displayed much any more. Marcell reaching out to Mr. Wilson reflected everything else we read about him.

He's a big man with a big heart. That kind of heart, when matched with his ability and fire in the belly, is the stuff that forges legends.

I think he is a keeper.

Criticize his play on the field all you like, but JP was a citizen Buffalo should be proud of. It's a shame more professional athletes don't have that attitude. It's also a shame JP had the on-field awareness of Helen Keller. No, I take that back -- Helen could probably feel the pressure.

I think that is just what did. I said that is nice and all. :thumbsup:

What people are failing to realize that it is not just Dareus (although he will be key) but this team has ALREADY started is rebiuld to stop the run......in Troup and Carrington

- Keep in mind that those two guys did not get on the field steadily till late in the year.....by that time the players around them were all beat to crap

- Carrington is a beast against the run....an absolute beast. When he got steady playing time I did not see that side of the line get pushed around at all.....now the linebackers behind them who are supposed to make the plays? Different story.

- I see this team being biult (at least on defense) VERY similarly to how the steelers biult their defense......gritty hard nosed football players. I actually think that the guy who will start that DOESNT fit the mold? Kyle Williams. Yes....he was our best player last year....yes he is a pro bowler.....but he needs to learn (much like Sam Adams back in the day) that you cannot give up your run contain to get after the passer......he has GOT to learn to maintain his gap and not leave the ILB's behind him out to dry.

BUT he does have a monster playing next to him in Dareus.....and he is backed up by a legit 335 pound nose tackle in Troup.

Just hope our defensive guru finds a way to get Carrington, troup, ,Williams, and dareus on the field togther, ie 4-3 defense baby!

Go Buffalo!

I noticed that too. And it does speak volumes about his character and how he was raised.

Can you imagine how quickly things turn around if our defense goes from worst to first this year? Yea, we had 2 early round draft picks on defense last year too, 7 out of 9 defensive picks this year, Moats looking good, Merriman back from injury and Dave Wannstedt to help out. Hey, it could happen. Getting Dareus was the icing on the cake.

Can you imagine how quickly things turn around if our defense goes from worst to first this year? Yea, we had 2 early round draft picks on defense last year too, 7 out of 9 defensive picks this year, Moats looking good, Merriman back from injury and Dave Wannstedt to help out. Hey, it could happen. Getting Dareus was the icing on the cake.

doesnt even need to be "first", just not "worst". Even if we ended up 16th, if our offense can build on what it did last year, that might mean 9 or 10 wins.

doesnt even need to be "first", just not "worst". Even if we ended up 16th, if our offense can build on what it did last year, that might mean 9 or 10 wins.

Yeah keep in mind the Bills finished 4-4 including a near win in OT against the Stillers. Don't get me wrong the Bills still have to show they can beat quality teams. At least there is hope this year that they will improve.

I recently read on another Bill's message board that Buddy Nix was on Sirius Radio and talked about the Dareus interview before the draft. Dareus told Gailey

"Coach, if I am there at 3rd and you draft me, I will help you turn this thing around. If I am there at 3rd and you don't draft me, I'm gonna make you pay."

I cannot confirm this, but that is awesome if true.

Edited by Rockinon

I saw another quote when he was asked about other teams passing on him in the draft. Can't remember exactly, but he said something about coming back to haunt them.

All two of them? :w00t: