Radio interview with Aaron Williams

I moved from Lockport to Northern New York back in 1989, but I remember listening Bills radio back then and it was pretty good. Don't know what happened, but this sounds like great sports reporting to me now.

As far as I know, it started when the Bills left WGR and went to 97Rock for the game broadcast. WGR is a woman scorned. The Sabres still broadcast on WGR so they do a lot of hockey talk. But as far as football goes, it seems like they are still pissy about losing the business.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Still working on Marcell and a bunch of players. Will get Kelvin Sheppard on the phone at the very least this week. He's my favorite pick of theirs in a while (Marcus Easley also). We also have added Christian Gaddis (ex-Bills, Colts, Browns OL) to write for us from time-to-time. He's been a great guest and a good guy. Tells GREAT stories off-the-air, too: http://www.weck1230.com/cgaddis/

As far as I know, it started when the Bills left WGR and went to 97Rock for the game broadcast. WGR is a woman scorned. The Sabres still broadcast on WGR so they do a lot of hockey talk. But as far as football goes, it seems like they are still pissy about losing the business.

Not really. The landscape of sports radio was far different in '89. I don't even know if GR had any sports back then. It was mainly the BEN nightly sports show, with John Murphy, then Howard Simon. The best show, possibly in local radio history, was Murphy/Felser's Monday Night Quarterback, after a Sunday's Bills game. There was far fewer sports shows on in '89 and the less is more works if you are looking for 100% sports talk, which I am not.

Please do.

Williams sounds like the anti-Donte.

Why? Because he listens to country music?

Aaron sounds like a nice guy, but his affinity for Twitter is not very anti-Donte-esque?

He was right about one thing - Austin is a kickass town!

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Still working on Marcell and a bunch of players. Will get Kelvin Sheppard on the phone at the very least this week. He's my favorite pick of theirs in a while (Marcus Easley also). We also have added Christian Gaddis (ex-Bills, Colts, Browns OL) to write for us from time-to-time. He's been a great guest and a good guy. Tells GREAT stories off-the-air, too: http://www.weck1230.com/cgaddis/

Take it slow, could be a long offseason. One per week will keep our interest whetted for when they finally get down to playing football.

Why? Because he listens to country music?

Because, at least at this point in his life he appears very grounded and not full of himself.

Interesting that the Bills drafted the former Long Horn early in the second. Wasn't it Orakpo who said that his agent told him the Bills were not going to draft him because they didn't like former Texas players? Maybe it was silly hard-and-fast rules like that that cost Modrak his job?

Interesting that the Bills drafted the former Long Horn early in the second. Wasn't it Orakpo who said that his agent told him the Bills were not going to draft him because they didn't like former Texas players? Maybe it was silly hard-and-fast rules like that that cost Modrak his job?

Mike Williams.

Not silly to me; that school is bust central...a lot of articles written on the subject and how the players are coddled too much, lack work ethic, etc. (But there are always exceptions)