This front 7 could be something special...

Williams-Jasper-Dareus..........Rotation..Edwards-Troup-Carrington

Merriman-Sheppard-Posz-Moats

Looks like they should be able to stop the run and presser the QB on passing downs...could be a good year if there is football.

I don't think it's more possible for Jasper to be any more overrated. The only thing the guy has going for him is that he's huge and athletic. We have no idea if he can play football yet and people are already saying he could start? Seriously?

Edited by Bangarang

I won't pencil merriman in there until the guy sees the field. I wouldn't bank on him at all, and if the bills think OLB is safe just because of merriman, then they are taking a pretty stupid risk.

And moats probably won't start, and will only be brought in on obvious passing situations. That is kelseys starting job, unfortunatly. And lord knows if maybin will still be on the roster. They were saying OLB was in better shape than ILB, but I think they both sucked. Just because we have kelsey and merriman at OLB, it doesn't make it better than poz and davis and ILB.

And I like jasper a lot, but no way he starts this year. Hell, he probably won't even play this year. But I do like him a lot as a prospect.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

We could be special... or we could be especially terrible (if say Jasper, Merriman, and Shephard don't work out, and Poz is either not resigned, or ends up injured.) My guess is somewhere in between. I think Dareus is a great start, and I'm optimistic about Jasper's potential, but I think our odds are analogous to picking up 4 cards when playing 5 card draw.

Williams-Jasper-Dareus..........Rotation..Edwards-Troup-Carrington

Merriman-Sheppard-Posz-Moats

Looks like they should be able to stop the run and presser the QB on passing downs...could be a good year if there is football.

Thank you for being an optimistic Bills fan. Keep it up brother. Go BILLS!!!!!!!

I don't think it's more possible for Jasper to be any more overrated. The only thing the guy has going for him is that he's huge and athletic. We have no idea if he can play football yet and people are already saying he could start? Seriously?

Agreed ... as much as anybody I hope the Bills found a steal late in the draft but the odds are so against this ... at best he will be on the practice squad this season. Among other things he is hurt by no rookie camp, no OTA's and what may amount to a limited camp by the lockout. This is not the year for developing a "diamond in the rough."

I keep seeing Jasper as our new Right Tackle !

Gailey is on record saying Chris Hariston is the possible RT...Nix mentioned Jasper as NT...However, he is athletic enough to do the job!--but, it depends...Id like to see him used on goal line carries! *dreams*

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Buffalo likes Freak shows.. Fat guys and Midgets.. Instant Fan Favorite. Jersey #?

And moats probably won't start, and will only be brought in on obvious passing situations. That is kelseys starting job, unfortunatly. And lord knows if maybin will still be on the roster. They were saying OLB was in better shape than ILB, but I think they both sucked. Just because we have kelsey and merriman at OLB, it doesn't make it better than poz and davis and ILB.

Ummmm...you don't exactly have to be divine to already have that answer. Yes, the lord knows, Satan knows, Gailey knows, we all know.....Maybin will not be on the Bills roster, and I'd be willing to bet a few bucks he won't be on any NFL roster.

Maybe he'll workout somewhere in Canada - eh?

It could be special. It could suck. Two things are for sure, we have two studs in Dareus and Williams. We finally have talent on our DL. It's been awhile since we've had 5-7 guys up front that can ALL be very productive players. The potential is great, let's hope they live up to the talent and potential.

Hey, didn't you know that according to several posters on this board, the Bills are supposed to pick first round starters in all seven rounds of the draft and each one must contribute right away? Thus explains the projections for Jasper.

Seriously though, he is an interesting prospect who may eventually end up being that late round steal of the year but I agree it is way too early to predict what any of the picks will perform like. There's tons of work left to do and we still need a CBA and free agency. If we get these early enough and we get a few wise FA signings then I will be a little more at ease with the "enthusiastic" optimism.

One step at a time please, one step at a time, and as long as the steps are in the right direction.

P.S. Merriman and a couple of others are unproven, wait and see guys and it could go either good or bad.

The front 7 is still short on lbs Merriman is always hurt Poz is hurt a lot Moats is still developing throw in the fact that Sheppard is a rookie and its far from set. But its still on its way

Edited by billsfan89

The front 7 is still short on lbs Merriman is always hurt Poz is hurt a lot Moats is still developing throw in the fact that Sheppard is a rookie and its far from set. But its still on its way

This statement should have been written Poz is always hurt, Merriman has run into recent injury trouble, Moats will play

why is no one talking about Edwards on the line...this guy I thought was exceptional last year until his injury (as in he didn't make too many mistakes and was a big part of Williams playing well)

A line of Edwards-Williams-Darreus... Yeah thats about 85-90% of being good 50-60% chance of being Star 25-35% chance of being Elite

Our secondary was ranked 3rd last year, even though Whitner can't cover TE's to save his life

All of the Merriman haters...nothing has been proven that he is not an upgrade to our LBs now so how can you state that he is a big if...he seems like he is ready to play and we all know that he can play full seasons...he has plenty to prove adn a huge chip on his shoulder for a 26 year old...let's put it this way week one his jersey goes on back order