Mike Jasper Interview

http://www.radio.pressbox1.com/

This is from the local station. I can't listen at work - but maybe someone else can.

He was not a DT at Bethel - he's listed there as OL. I think he's probably being taken as an OT project ala Peters.

Bethel has Bass Fishing as a sport - now there's something I didn't know you could compete at collegiately. :)

www.bethelathletics.com

http://www.radio.pressbox1.com/

This is from the local station. I can't listen at work - but maybe someone else can.

He was not a DT at Bethel - he's listed there as OL. I think he's probably being taken as an OT project ala Peters.

Bethel has Bass Fishing as a sport - now there's something I didn't know you could compete at collegiately. :)

www.bethelathletics.com

He was a DT and was moved to OL in order to help the team.

Geez...the guy was signed with Ole Miss, but transferred to UT Martin...Played BOTH offensive gaurd, tackle and defensive tackle, was a shot putter and has a huge vertical leap. I think he's a steal as a seventh round pick....When in doubt, go for the Tennessee player.

I want to buy his jersey.

It'll hold my wifey and me!

He'll be a NT and I bet he's Refrigerator Perry on goal-to-go situations.

Wen heard from your wife that she would rather have some other guy in the jersey with her :oops: Sorry couldn't resist

On a serious note, thanks for all your pre and during the draft insights. You are the kiper of TBD.

He was dunking at 440lbs?!?! Are you f'ing kidding me. Im a 6'2" 180 and I cant dunk, thats insane.

He was 390# in the video. But was that a regulation-sized ball? It looked like a kid's ball in his hand.

Wen heard from your wife that she would rather have some other guy in the jersey with her :oops: Sorry couldn't resist

On a serious note, thanks for all your pre and during the draft insights. You are the kiper of TBD.

On a lighter note, you haven't seen my hair (or lack thereof). The draft fascinates me.

I'm already looking at next year. :thumbsup:

The Interview was a radio interview @ 5:30...

After eball commented, I read the transcript at BB.Com where it said he switched from DL to RT to meet their need - but he feels Defensive line is his natural position.

I think it's pretty cool that the scouts urged him to drop to under 400 and he dropped even more - sounded like he was extremely happy with being drafted at all and appreciates the opportunity. I think this kid is going to pour himself into his new job - the lockout really sucks. Now they can't even communicate with him since he's on the roster.

I wonder how much contact teams can have with potential UDFAs? there could be more underground coaching going on.

I just want to

a. Know why he tranferred around

b. Nobody wanted a athletic 400 pounder at a big school

c. Why we have not heard of him

a. I believe he ended up not going to Ole Miss b/c the coach was fired. Later, he transfered once again b/c we wanted to find a school more inline with his Christian beliefs.

b. Maybe he was only interested in Ole Miss

c. I'm shocked about this too. You would think that more teams would have had an athletic 400+LB human being on their radar

I just want to

a. Know why he tranferred around

b. Nobody wanted a athletic 400 pounder at a big school

c. Why we have not heard of him

Here is his life story if your interested

http://buffalowdown.com/2011/05/01/michael-jasper-who-the-heck-is-this-guy/

And there is more

http://www.thestar.com/article/984285

The more I read about this guy, the more I love him in Buffalo. According to the Bills scout who found him: “The amazing thing about him is that he never gets tired,” Hand said. “In the games I watched, he never came off the field. He played hard the full game.”

Apparently, he also did very well on the Wonderlic

Edited by saundena