Osama Apparently Dead

I agree with you, although I don't know how long they could have kept it under wraps.

But apparently one high-level Al Qaida has already surrendered in Sauda Arabia: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110504/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_saudi_al_qaida. Hopefully more arrests/take-downs to follow.

I heard a throw-away comment on the news yesterday from a talking head that everyone in the interview seemed to have missed: a whole bunch of al Qaeda gomers in Pakistan went on the run after the raid...and were scooped up at the Afghanistan border.

Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else...but if it's true, that's huge. That's would be a MUCH bigger coup than merely killing bin Laden.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was announced last week... interesting coincidence

They don't like Penetta over at the CIA. The take on him is that he's a very loyal lapdog of Obama's who will not so much as fart without first consulting with Obama. Petraeus is a different story, he's his own man and Obama does not trust him as much.

They don't like Penetta over at the CIA. The take on him is that he's a very loyal lapdog of Obama's who will not so much as fart without first consulting with Obama. Petraeus is a different story, he's his own man and Obama does not trust him as much.

Must be tough to be a partisan shill during weeks like this one. One really has to stretch one's mind to find things to B word about. :lol:

I'm usually not a conspiracy monger but I'll dip my toe in that pool just once...

Would Osama bin Laden be more useful alive? At least long enough to extract more information about al Qaida? And wouldn't it be easier to work on him in some secret location if everyone in the world believed he was dead? Just throwing that out there.

PTR

I'm usually not a conspiracy monger but I'll dip my toe in that pool just once...

Would Osama bin Laden be more useful alive? At least long enough to extract more information about al Qaida? And wouldn't it be easier to work on him in some secret location if everyone in the world believed he was dead? Just throwing that out there.

PTR

I don't know. All we'd probably get out of him would be "Derka, derka...."

Must be tough to be a partisan shill during weeks like this one. One really has to stretch one's mind to find things to B word about. :lol:

You are free to believe whatever you want even if it is pre-packaged and served with a bow on top.

PTR

Can we use the same things on him as we did on another terrorist that led to OBL camp?

Just throwing it out there...........

PTR

Conversely, would it be more useful to say "he's alive and cooperating" rather than say he's dead? Even if not believed, imagine what that would do to his organization...

PTR

Well since we don't torture terrorists for information anymore I don't see how he could have been useful alive. I don't see OBL volunteering much info.

If they were able to get a bunch of intel from the house plus any others they scooped up, than it's probably better off going the way it did.

Well since we don't torture terrorists for information anymore I don't see how he could have been useful alive. I don't see OBL volunteering much info.

If they were able to get a bunch of intel from the house plus any others they scooped up, than it's probably better off going the way it did.

And by denouncing "enhanced" interrogation (what is that anyway, an upgrade to first class interrogation with comfy pillows?) this administration really screwed the pooch on that one.

And by denouncing "enhanced" interrogation (what is that anyway, an upgrade to first class interrogation with comfy pillows?) this administration really screwed the pooch on that one.

Geez, catch up, will ya?

On the menu is the option of, Tap water or bottled water for their enhanced interrogation.

You are free to believe whatever you want even if it is pre-packaged and served with a bow on top.

:lol:

Spin, spin, spin...and there it is! For all those who doubted for five minutes, Obama sucks again!

Spin, spin, spin...and there it is! For all those who doubted for five minutes, Obama sucks again!

Again? When did he stop sucking? And it's not Obama, it's this whole administration. Seeing how hard they came out against waterboarding they pretty much can't use in anymore can they? And from everything that I've heard it apprently worked. So yeah, they screwed the pooch.

Again? When did he stop sucking? And it's not Obama, it's this whole administration. Seeing how hard they came out against waterboarding they pretty much can't use in anymore can they? And from everything that I've heard it apprently worked. So yeah, they screwed the pooch.

You are obviously not part of the subset that I was referring to. You are also certainly entitled to your opinion on the merits of waterboarding.

You are obviously not part of the subset that I was referring to. You are also certainly entitled to your opinion on the merits of waterboarding.

What with the likes of Hedd, pBills, and Jtsp posting here, I personally consider waterboarding a relaxation technique.

Are you really going to argue that OBL death hasn't vindicated waterboarding as a very effective interrogation method?

Well, the latest is that he was offed right after President BO took office and they put him on ice till he'd come in handy.

They staged this now because BO's polls were sagging. - The Lunar Landing in New Mexico Foundation

I think I was seeing that post was in response to my post. And to tell you the truth I'm ok with that.