In a Cold Weather, Hard Nosed City

you win, playing defense, you need to take advantage of your environment. when the weather is cold and windy, the visiting team needs to know they are in trouble because they cant come in here and run the ball down our throats.

i believe the management is going this way and i like it. alot of people are complaing, we didnt go after our QB, we didnt go after a OT/TE. this game in the end is won with tough defense. look at the last 4 teams this year. green bay, pitt, jets, bears. all have hard nosed defenses. big time offenses are great, but when the cold weather, snow, wind that always comes in december, january happens, you need that defense.

our defense was terrible last year, yes we were pretty much bend dont break, but if we build something here that is on par with the teams mentioned above, we will win alot of games and i like that we went all defense.

our o-line is bad at the tackle spots, but our interior 3 guys are all young and all good players. we still have free agency and to be honest. most likely an average tackle that we get will be an instant upgrade to the line. if we really want a WR as well, trust me, there are a ton out there that you can just snatch up. ocho cinco, TO are going to struggle to find teams that want them, you have holmes and edwards that are free agents in new york. you can get an upgrade at WR if you want.

we also have more drafts coming up. if we do well this year, everyone will be happy and if we **** the bed, then we get a shot at andrew luck or matt barkeley or tyrelle pryor(if you really love cam newton). if fitz is great, we can get our stud OT next year.

i love that we have soldifying our defense, first and foremost.

Edited by ronaldo922

they keep on drafting southerners to play in a a Cold Weather, Hard Nosed City

ray lewis born in florid

clay matthews born in california

patrick willis born in tennessee

ed reed born in lousiana

troy polamalu played at USC

what this means? STFU you whiny typical bills fan.

Need to run and stop the run.

I don't see how they've appreciably improved the "stop the run" part --- our biggest weakness --- in this draft.

Yes, because drafting the best run-stuffer in the first round, a round-stuffing LB in the 3rd round, and two physical, oversized DBs definitely won't improve our run D. Gotcha.

And drafting one of the top road-grading tackles won't improve our running game.

Yes, because drafting the best run-stuffer in the first round, a round-stuffing LB in the 3rd round, and two physical, oversized DBs definitely won't improve our run D. Gotcha.

And drafting one of the top road-grading tackles won't improve our running game.

at least one person gets it!

Its ridiculous, isn't it? We need more players from northern teams like Ohio State, Indiana and Penn State. That's worked out so well for the Bills in recent years.

Don't bring your common sense in here, troll.

Its ridiculous, isn't it? We need more players from northern teams like Ohio State, Indiana and Penn State. That's worked out so well for the Bills in recent years.

Actually perhaps we should be drafting exclusively from Canadian Colleges and Universities…do they play American Football in Siberia?

We'll get a marginal boost from Dareus. But to think he's going to magically cure the DL in place of Stroud is foolish.

Our LBs are questionable at best, and there is **** for depth at this most-frequently-injured position.

Searcy will improve our run D? That's funny, considering that outlooks say he 'shies away from run support.' Depending on DBs to stop the run, as this team has done, and from the looks of it, will continue to do for the near future, is a recipe to continue being 32nd D because you're getting your ass handed to you by the other teams' RBs / "mobile" QBs.

Not to mention Troup and Carrington from the last draft. It's not secret that Nix is getting big guys and building from the inside out.

Need to run and stop the run.

I don't see how they've appreciably improved the "stop the run" part --- our biggest weakness --- in this draft.

They solidified the middle of the defense (DT/ILB/NB/SS) with the top 4 picks--the gaping hole that so many teams easily ran right through last year. Strength up the middle gives them a lot more options in terms of scheme, situational play calls, etc.

We'll get a marginal boost from Dareus. But to think he's going to magically cure the DL in place of Stroud is foolish.

Our LBs are questionable at best, and there is **** for depth at this most-frequently-injured position.

Searcy will improve our run D? That's funny, considering that outlooks say he 'shies away from run support.' Depending on DBs to stop the run, as this team has done, and from the looks of it, will continue to do for the near future, is a recipe to continue being 32nd D because you're getting your ass handed to you by the other teams' RBs / "mobile" QBs.

Please tell us who you would have picked that will improve the team?

You are severely overestimating Stroud. The Stroud that played for the Bills last year was not the Stroud of 5 years ago.

.Searcy will improve our run D? That's funny, considering that outlooks say he 'shies away from run support.' Depending on DBs to stop the run, as this team has done, and from the looks of it, will continue to do for the near future, is a recipe to continue being 32nd D because you're getting your ass handed to you by the other teams' RBs / "mobile" QBs.

He most likely will be playing strong safety,a big part of run support on any team. As a SS who, started as a LB in HS, I doubt he will shy away from contact. He says he loves to hit. I think you may not be correct .

dont worry, he wont say **** b/c he has no idea what he is talking about. Typical miserable fan who somehow enjoys complain about everything instead of looking at it objectively..

well since theres a large sentiment of FItz boosters on here saying he will get better with another year on his belt maybe our 28th ranked O can keep our terrible D off the field more.

thats part of the problem too.

At that pick, Luke Stocker. Provide some immediate relief to the OTs with his size, and whatever he would bring as a receiver would be gravy.

For time out of mind, TE has been the red-headed stepchild of this franchise. They ought to go after a guy in UFA who can help the OL and provide Fitz an outlet option.

At LB, I just get a very real sense that this is going to be a total disaster. They're really depending on Poz and Merriman to come through and go uninjured. Other than that, we've got castoffs and a 2nd-year DE convert who's coming off a knee injury. In the 3-4 which depends on LBs as your core, if one or two of these guys don't come through, your D is !@#$ed. It's just !@#$ed.

He most likely will be playing strong safety,a big part of run support on any team. As a SS who, started as a LB in HS, I doubt he will shy away from contact. He says he loves to hit. I think you may not be correct .

I dunno. Read the NFL.com profile on him and it simultaneously says that Searcy is weak on run support, and that he's strong against the run. So, which is it? Regardless, I guess they were satisfied that Searcy could work in their D, but I have to fundamentally disagree with Nix's BPA here. We've got Wilson or Byrd at SS (Byrd's been used at both spots). There is depth there. Let's face it, we've got jack **** at TE. Stocker instantly would've been the best TE we've had since Metzalaars, and no, I'm not forgetting about Reimersma.

You know, I don't want to come across as the guy who's got the red ass b/c my favored player wasn't picked. I'm almost always ready to give leeway. Searcy may end up being a great pick or he may only see time on STs for four years. Who knows? I'm just disappointed that obvious need spots are ignored in favor of spots where there are already decent players. There is zero guarantee that any decent UFA TE will consider Buffalo.

dont worry, he wont say **** b/c he has no idea what he is talking about. Typical miserable fan who somehow enjoys complain about everything instead of looking at it objectively..

Allow me to quote Steve Buschemi's character in "Fargo": "WHO THE !@#$ ARE YOU? WHO THE !@#$ ARE YOU?!?!!"

Go pound sand, *.

well since theres a large sentiment of FItz boosters on here saying he will get better with another year on his belt maybe our 28th ranked O can keep our terrible D off the field more.

thats part of the problem too.

I won't dispute that....

Edited by UConn James

Buddy Nix keeps drafting the good ol' boys from down south. I guess the scouts down south are getting heard at the draft table. Do the Bills have scouts anywhere else?

I like the emphasis on defense and I hope some of these guys can play. They drafted Chris White ILB from Miss St. and he sounds like they are describing Poz. Can we call him "Poz Lite?"