Welcome back to buffalo dick jauron.....

I don't know how people expect that getting rid of Stroud and plugging in Dareus is going to be some kind of magic bullet.

If you don't think Dareus is going to lead to a major improvement in the defense I'm not sure why you think picking up another D-lineman in the fourth would make a difference anyway.

Nix and Gailey are the anti-Jauron. They are drafting big, tough, physical leaders from big time programs who love to play football with intensity, completely changing the culture of the team. I love this draft right now.

I at first was mad about the pick and ready to turn th tv oof, then I thought about it. Donte Whitner and his money? I need more patience.

The point, tho, is that you draft Front 7 to a) stop the run and b) hurry the passer into making poor decisions, which helps your DBs. Not generating pressure means you cede teams 7-8 seconds to throw. And that puts whatever DBs you do have on an island where they need to have near perfect coverage skills for all that time.

I'm sorry, but coverage sacks are few and far between, and when we even got them at more than 1-2-3 per game, it took a Winfield & Clements. And then, when our ****ty Front 7 still wasn't even good enough to get a coverage sack (think, Schoebel lying on the ground reaching for Brady's ankles 3 yards away), the play went too long, and we got toasted.

I don't know how people expect that getting rid of Stroud and plugging in Dareus is going to be some kind of magic bullet.

We've had 3 GMs, 4 HCs (not counting interims) trying the same losing strategy of ignoring the lines with our highest picks combined with an inability to scout them (especially DL) well. The common denominator --- Tom Modrak. I've never been a tar and pitchfork kind of person myself, but I think it's time for him to be shown the door.

It's not like Nix didn't draft Troup, Carrington, and Dareus to put next to Williams or anything. Our defensive line is probably our biggest strength right now.

.__________>/^\<

| ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '|__\

| WAMBULANCE - | i<<

I_______________|I

..""(@)"""""""""(@)"............

Cute!

Jauron would have drafted CB in 1st and 2nd not 2nd and 4th.

I agree, I would have liked to see OL, TE or another LB but got to trust the Bills to know their board here.

It's not like Nix didn't draft Troup, Carrington, and Dareus to put next to Williams or anything. Our defensive line is probably our biggest strength right now.

And acquiring Edwards, who seems to play OK when he's healthy - veteran backup/depth

If you don't think Dareus is going to lead to a major improvement in the defense I'm not sure why you think picking up another D-lineman in the fourth would make a difference anyway.

Win

To say DL is a strength is a complete stretch...We've got Williams and a highly touted rookie. The others haven't flashed or show much of anything yet. DL is THE primary reason the bills were 32 in run defense by a country mile

We've had 3 GMs, 4 HCs (not counting interims) trying the same losing strategy of ignoring the lines with our highest picks combined with an inability to scout them (especially DL) well. The common denominator --- Tom Modrak. I've never been a tar and pitchfork kind of person myself, but I think it's time for him to be shown the door.

Are you including the Nix/Gailey regime? If so I'd have to disagree, so far out of their 6 1st through 3rd round picks 4 have been front 7 players.

The point, tho, is that you draft Front 7 to a) stop the run and b) hurry the passer into making poor decisions, which helps your DBs. Not generating pressure means you cede teams 7-8 seconds to throw. And that puts whatever DBs you do have on an island where they need to have near perfect coverage skills for all that time.

I'm sorry, but coverage sacks are few and far between, and when we even got them at more than 1-2-3 per game, it took a Winfield & Clements. And then, when our ****ty Front 7 still wasn't even good enough to get a coverage sack (think, Schoebel lying on the ground reaching for Brady's ankles 3 yards away), the play went too long, and we got toasted.

Yeah, aside from a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd round pick spent on the DL in the last 2 drafts, the Bills NEVER spend high picks on the DL, You're so right.

But a 4th round pick spent on the DL is going to fix our all rush D woes!

Edited by Ramius

Yeah, aside from a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd round pick spent on the DL in the last 2 drafts, the Bills NEVER spend high picks on the DL, You're so right.

Facts and logic dont work on this crowd today. We not only picked a DB early, but also again later. It's the apocalypse. Sky is falling. No other picks were made to address any needs. Once a DB is picked, it's over.

did this dude really try and say a old stroud playing out of position as a 34 end would be the same as dareus playing his natural position??

thats the funniest thing ive read on this board in a while.