My 1st rd. grades

Carolina-Cam Newton B-

Denver Von-Miller A+

Buffalo-Marcell Dareus A+

Cincy-AJ Green A+

Arizona-Patrick Peterson A

Atlanta-Julio Jones C- (low grade not on player but picks givin up for him)

San Fran-Aldon Smith B

Tenn Jake-Locker C+

Dallas-Tyron Smith A-

JAX-Blaine Gabbert C+

Houston-JJ Watt A

Minn-Christian Ponder D-

Detroit-Nick Fairley A+

St. Louis-Robert QuinnA

Miami-Mike Pouncey B

Washington-Ryan Carrigan B-

New England-Nate Solder B+

San Diego-Corey Liuget B

NY Giants-Prince Amukamara A

Tampa-Adrian Clayborn B-

Cleavland-Phil Taylor C+

Indy-Anthony Castonzo A

Philly-Danny Watkins C

New Orleans-Cam Jordan/Mark Ingram A (no + for the picks they gave to NE)

Seattle-James Carpenter B

Kansas City-Johnathan Baldwin B

Baltimore-Jimmy Smith A

Chicago-Gabe Carimi A

NY Jets-Muhammad Wilkerson B+

Pitt-Cammeron Heyword B+

Greenbay-Derek Sherrod A-

Let the debating begin..

Edited by BillsInMaine

Saints A++...by far the best performance on the first day of the draft.

The Bills and Denver get A's for not blowing no brainer picks, I guess.

Atlanta gets an A for trading up for the best WR in the draft.

Arizona needed a QB. GAbbert would have helped their record more than Peterson ever will. Same for San Fran. All C's.

Who's the QB for Cincy? D.

Saints A++...by far the best performance on the first day of the draft.

The Bills and Denver get A's for not blowing no brainer picks, I guess.

Atlanta gets an A for trading up for the best WR in the draft.

Arizona needed a QB. GAbbert would have helped their record more than Peterson ever will. Same for San Fran. All C's.

Who's the QB for Cincy? D.

Agree with you wholeheartedly on the Saints draft..... have to ask though, you think Julio Jones is better than AJ Green?

Cleveland should get an A+++++ They walk away with DT Phil Taylor (which just about every mock done on TBD hoped would end up on the Bills in the 2nd) give up a 3rd but acquire Atlanta's No. 27 overall pick and second- and fourth-round picks this year, in addition to Atlanta's first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.

If the Bills had been in place to make such a play I think most here would be ecstatic.

Carolina-Cam Newton B-

Tenn Jake-Locker C+

JAX-Blaine Gabbert C+

Minn-Christian Ponder C-

Let the debating begin..

Don't like QBs much eh ;)

With Newton off the board the Bills would have had to try REALLY hard to !@#$ up that pick.

I was hoping for Miller just because I think a LB would have more immediate impact, but Dareus is obviously an instant starter as well in a big position of need and a solid pick.

With the Jags taking Gabbert, it begs the question what will Trentative do? :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Don't like QBs much eh ;)

With Newton off the board the Bills would have had to try REALLY hard to !@#$ up that pick.

I was hoping for Miller just because I think a LB would have more immediate impact, but Dareus is obviously an instant starter as well in a big position of need and a solid pick.

Yea not to high on the QB class this year.

Cleveland should get an A+++++ They walk away with DT Phil Taylor (which just about every mock done on TBD hoped would end up on the Bills in the 2nd) give up a 3rd but acquire Atlanta's No. 27 overall pick and second- and fourth-round picks this year, in addition to Atlanta's first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.

If the Bills had been in place to make such a play I think most here would be ecstatic.

I like what the Browns did but I'm a bit baffled by their pick. They just hired Dick Jauron to be D-Coordinator and have stated that they will run a 4-3 defense. Phil Taylor is probably the most prototypical 3-4 nose tackle. They're a team that's trying to build around Colt McCoy and they have almost zero offensive weapons. And Ahtyba Rubin is a very good young DT…Again this year as with last year, I'm not feeling the Holmgren acumen as Director of Football Operations.

That said, count me as one of those thinking that the Browns fleeced the Falcons. Atlanta gave up way too much for a flawed player, IMO.

TO & Chad old, going, going, gone. Yes, they needed a receiver.

Fair enough, though seeing that having high profile WRs was not bringing them to the playoffs anyway, I still have my doubts. Yet another reason to be glad I am not a Bengals fan, I guess. :lol:

TO and OC together couldn't do anything in Cincy. Now they have no QB. Dumb pick.

I like what the Browns did but I'm a bit baffled by their pick. They just hired Dick Jauron to be D-Coordinator and have stated that they will run a 4-3 defense. Phil Taylor is probably the most prototypical 3-4 nose tackle. They're a team that's trying to build around Colt McCoy and they have almost zero offensive weapons. And Ahtyba Rubin is a very good young DT…Again this year as with last year, I'm not feeling the Holmgren acumen as Director of Football Operations.

That said, count me as one of those thinking that the Browns fleeced the Falcons. Atlanta gave up way too much for a flawed player, IMO.

Flawed player??

Atlanta picked up a beast of a receiver to play opposite White.

In your opinion, not mine. And for what they gave up for him, he'd better be really damn good.

Well, yeah....

Anyway, they are a team without glaring needs and most mocks had Jones going in the top 6 or 8 anyway. It was hardly a reach like the ones made by two really shaky teams: Tenn and Jax.