• Sam Acho
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are going to draft OLB Brooks Reed. He fits a need, was a senior, played on the South team with Chan Galley at the Senior Bowl, visited One Bills Drive, and Galley likes him. Article from Bills site Posted Apr 1, 2011.

“He’s had his hand on the ground being a rusher, but he’s probably going to end up either being a pass rush guy or being a stand up linebacker in a 3-4, outside guy,” Gailey said. “His motor is amazing. He has an amazing motor. Every snap he’s going as hard as he can go. You’ve got to give a guy like that a lot of credit. He’s going to play somewhere. I really believe he’ll play somewhere because he’s got the right mindset about how to go after a game.”

Ryan Mallet is not supposed to be there in the 2nd round and his ceiling is a starting caliber QB.......

We did the right thing and took Marcel Darius with that 1st pick......but we NEED a QB to groom and to be the backup QB.

Mallet was always mid 2nd round, early 3rd material

Bowers is so tempting. But Buffalo is in so desperate need of too many "hole fillers" that they can't afford the big gamble on his health. Buffalo needs a TE. When Buffalo finally finds their QB of the future they will need a TE who can catch and block to give the new QB the support he will need to win. Kyle Rudolph is the number 1 TE in the draft. My next choice would Brooks Reed. The QB gamble will be there for the 3rd round.

Vote for what player you want us to pick with our second round selection

I am delighted with Marcell Dareus because he's FRENCH! (Hi Crayonz!)

I would like to see us draft a quality LB since we missed Von Miller in the 1st.

I think LB is one of the subtlest positions to e v a l - we have Wannstache now, if we truly don't think any of the LB are worth a high 2nd round pick I'm OK with TE or OL

I really like Martez Wilson though

Who do you guys think is the best of the OT left on the board?

Leading up to the draft I've been reading many posts here hoping the Bills don't go with a one year wonder. Now there seems to be support for another one year wonder in Bowers. Plus as everyone knows his knee may be shot. I'm sorry but I don't get it.

Personally I'd like to see them pick Mallett. But if it's going to be D then either Akeem Ayers, Aaron Williams, or Brandon Harris

Bowers was projected top 5 before the knee, Hell yeah take a chance...Last time we did was one Thurman Thomas! Nothing's guaranteed in the draft so why not.

Last time we took a chance on someone injured would have been McGahee, didn't really work out for us in the end. But you can't really draw parallels like that

I imagine the first two teams in the 2nd round will be looking at Bowers

Can anyone who voted for Bowers explain:

1. WHERE they see him playing on our now stacked DLine?

2. WHY they arent as concerned as the 32 teams that passed him over due to injury? With reports coming in that he is completely OFF some teams draft boards. Why not just get him as a UDFA?

That was a toss up for me between Bowers and Mallett. I think Bowers will be gone but if NE passes on him, I would be a bit more worried about his injury situation. I trust the patriots' personnel people better than our guys. If they don't want him, not sure I would either. Mallett drives me crazy. At times I don't want us to get near him and at others, I have to wonder if he isn't a major steal. He has the best arm in the draft and that is what QB's do, they throw the ball. Pocket passers are the guys who win championships and he is the best pocket passer by far in the draft. But that attitude worries me. All in all, the upside on Mallett is just too good to pass up in the second. But then again, I think that.....oh never mind. Glad I don't have to make these decisions, I'd be reduce to pulling out the magic eight ball at this point.

Can anyone who voted for Bowers explain:

1. WHERE they see him playing on our now stacked DLine?

2. WHY they arent as concerned as the 32 teams that passed him over due to injury? With reports coming in that he is completely OFF some teams draft boards. Why not just get him as a UDFA?

You mean you are supposed to give it some thought before voting in the poll? :D

PS Let someone else take the chance on him.

I think they've addressed the the weakest area of the team on defense. Now, it's time for the offensive-minded Gailey to get his choice - Kyle Rudolph.

Nearly every championship team has a standout tight end. The Rodney Dangerfield position of the team perhaps. Not as flashy as a swift RB, WR, or savvy QB, but very often, it the grease that makes the motor purr. For years, New England has burned us with their TEs.

The TE position is the best place to find a mismatch. It's why there was once an offense called the "K-gun".

If opposing teams want to cover your WRs with their probowl corners, that might negate the effectiveness of those particular offensive weapons. But unless the opposing defenses want to play nickel all game long, a good atheletic TE with long arms and soft hands will burn the oppositions cover LBs on a consistent basis.

So, let em play nickel or dime. Now we can be more effective running the ball if our wide bodies can neutralize the smaller DBs.

A good tight end is the unsung hero, but a huge part of top flight offense. The Bills haven't had a decent TE in years.

Rudolph has the potential to be very good - maybe a Metzelaars type of TE.

He'll be one of the final puzzle pieces on offense, and he should transition nicely - having no character issues and being a smart kid. A little time in the weight room will go a long way towards making him the complete TE.

I think they go with Rudolph at around 6:05pm tonight.

Edited by DML2005

Funny how we always complain about reaches and how over a third of the board wants to make the obvious (otherwise he would not have fallen this deep) gamble on DaQuan Bowers (yes that includes myself).