Chan's Comments to NFLN

Going by what I saw, I would say the Bills like Miller and Kaepernick in the second. If you checked out the video of CK,one of our scouts (I don't know his name), was gushing all over CK. Check it out.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-on-the-draft/3146831f-a0a4-4a0c-9950-c3ab960e1936#?id=ac899b7c-ce4d-49bb-9206-8d7018a57f70

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the question is, can he play at 250? Will he maintain his speed? He played at around 235 in college. That is a lot of weight to gain and maintain your speed and agility. I am always Leary of players coming out of college and "bulking" up.

He was up to 246 at the combine and ran a 4.52. Seemed plenty fast and quick to me even with the added weight.

He was up to 246 at the combine and ran a 4.52. Seemed plenty fast and quick to me even with the added weight.

well that's good to hear. I would hate to see him lose his speed, with is very good. I am wondering if he will still be there at 3. My worst scenario would be Darius and Miller both gone. Who would we take that is worth being number 3?

Via Twitter: Michael Lombardi said he's hearing that the Bills may go with Patrick Peterson third overall.

BS.

More dis-information by the Broncos who are trying to trade out of the 2 spot. They have been playing the media like a fiddle, convincing Schefter that they will take Miller, and now Lombardi that the Bills will take Peterson. They're trying to tempt Houston or San Fran to trade for their pick.

My gut tells me the Broncos will sit tight and take Dareus when the smoke clears, and we'll take Von.

More dis-information by the Broncos who are trying to trade out of the 2 spot. They have been playing the media like a fiddle, convincing Schefter that they will take Miller, and now Lombardi that the Bills will take Peterson. They're trying to tempt Houston or San Fran to trade for their pick.

My gut tells me the Broncos will sit tight and take Dareus when the smoke clears, and we'll take Von.

Lot of dis info going on right now. I will be at the Fieldhouse tomorrow and am hoping to cheer a warm welcome when they call Miller or Dareus. My gut tells me I'll be there for a collective groan when they call someone's name nobody was expecting.

Edited by beerme1

It's gonna be Miller or Dareus, whoever is on the board.

The biggest issue will be, what if Carolina doesn't take Newton? I have no idea what the Bills do in that scenario, bc I'm fairly certain Dareus and Miller will be gone at 3 if Newton slips out of the 1st pick.

Peterson I hope if millers gone and pp's still there

Miller seems to get swallowed up by lineman. If people just run right at him he's done....

Lot of dis info going on right now. I will be at the Fieldhouse tomorrow and am hoping to cheer a warm welcome when they call Miller or Dareus. My gut tells me I'll be there for a collective groan when they call someone's name nobody was expecting.

What if the name is Fairley...?

Miller seems to get swallowed up by lineman. If people just run right at him he's done....

Teams ran at miller out of respect. As in you put 2 to 3 guys on him of course you take Him out of the play and wear him down. Same reason teams ran at Bruce smith. But that frees up other guys to make plays.

What if the name is Fairley...?

I'm alright with that if they feel he's the guy. Not my first choice but sure as hell a long way from saying wtf?

He probably would be someone people love here too after causing some mayhem on the field.

If Miller is on the board when we pick, YOU HAVE TO TAKE HIM! It's a no-brainer.

That's unless Marcell Dareus is on the board...I think Buddy Nix emphasized one thing in one of his recent press conferences, and that was that the number one thing they have to be able to do is have the ability to shut down the running game. I think the way to achieve that would be by drafting Marcell Dareus if Denver doesn't for some reason select him. Dareus has the ability to play in the 4-3 or 3-4 or any hybird version as well. He is very versatile and has a strong anchor and eats up space while making plays, including having the ability to sack the qb. One thing about Dareus is that he is a big man, and would be just as good fit for Buffalo as Miller. The deciding factor though is that Marcell Dareus more than adequately fills the Bills most glaring weakness. Meanwhile the Bills still have hope somehow that Aaron Maybin may actually see the light and begin to become a real player. The Bills also have hope that Shawn Merriman may return to old form prior to his nagging injuries. If one of these two things were to happen then the Bills need for a OLB would be lower on the totem pole and therefore we could address our greatest need!