All Newton all the time

RichardBag

I didn't say any of that. I said refering to him an in icon because he won a college championship is a ridiculous point to try to make.

I know you didnt, never said you did. Was just explaining what you perceive to be man-love.

And you can think it's ridiculous, but facts are facts. Im not just making up that people love him. There are literally MILLIONS of people down south that think of him as such. Whether he deserves it or not, it's the way it is.

You can hedge your bets all you want by saying you'd rather draft for defense, but it's pretty clear you are dying for the Bills to draft him

Since when did you start telling people what they are thinking? Youre better than that.

Edited by DrDankenstein

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, most if not ALL of my posts here are RESPONSES to the HATERS.

Im not a huge Newton fan. He is my top QB in this draft, but Id much rather go DL at #3.

This "man-love" is only here because of all the folks who decide to take one little blurb that the media is harping on and turn this kid into a monster. When NONE of us have talked to him or ever met him.

Pick apart his On-Field play all you want. That is fair. He hasnt thrown enough passes. He hasnt been asked to make multiple reads. He cant read defenses. All valid.

"He'll be a bust because he is a bad person because he said 'X'" is just a ridiculous point to try to make.

I have to disagree with you there. Your right we dont know him personally but for character concerns to not be factored into how we feel about a player and whether he is the right player for the Bills is silly. NFL teams go back and talk to their teachers in middle school to find out their character, obviously its important to Buddy and co. but it shouldn't be for us? All we have access to is what we see on TV or in blurbs so we are going to form opinions on that

I may not understand the entire education system top to bottom but I will still have an opinion based on what i read. I don't think forming an opinion about Newton or anyone else for that matter is all that far fetched

I have to disagree with you there. Your right we dont know him personally but for character concerns to not be factored into how we feel about a player and whether he is the right player for the Bills is silly. NFL teams go back and talk to their teachers in middle school to find out their character, obviously its important to Buddy and co. but it shouldn't be for us? All we have access to is what we see on TV or in blurbs so we are going to form opinions on that

I may not understand the entire education system top to bottom but I will still have an opinion based on what i read. I don't think forming an opinion about Newton or anyone else for that matter is all that far fetched

If you were the one going out and interviewing these people, Id completely agree. And of course off-field transgressions should matter. It should matter to the FO. And while it should matter to us, we are not in a position to get that information reliably. We, the common folk, get it 4th or 5th hand, AT BEST.

Look at the way Peter King used his conversation to manipulate the media and the viewers/readers into believing one thing, when it had nothing to do with the Pro game.

If you want to criticize his current Football IQ because of how he performed on the Gruden Special, fine.

If you want to jump to conclusions from bits of information that are purposely crafted to get the "journalist" attention, that's up to you, but it's not a good way to form an educated opinion.

Id much rather admit that "I dont know", and "I'll leave it up to Buddy", than try to form an "absolute opinion" on the kid and look silly doing so.

If you were the one going out and interviewing these people, Id completely agree. And of course off-field transgressions should matter. It should matter to the FO. And while it should matter to us, we are not in a position to get that information reliably. We, the common folk, get it 4th or 5th hand, AT BEST.

Look at the way Peter King used his conversation to manipulate the media and the viewers/readers into believing one thing, when it had nothing to do with the Pro game.

If you want to criticize his current Football IQ because of how he performed on the Gruden Special, fine.

If you want to jump to conclusions from bits of information that are purposely crafted to get the "journalist" attention, that's up to you, but it's not a good way to form an educated opinion.

Id much rather admit that "I dont know", and "I'll leave it up to Buddy", than try to form an "absolute opinion" on the kid and look silly doing so.

I'm gonna form my opinion and say it here because thats what a message board is for and its fun. You can tell me im wrong for doing that but at the end of the day I frankly dont give a **** what you think and you shouldnt give a **** about how I or anyone else posts on the topic. Cam Newton is a polarizing figure, some people love him some people dont. But thats why we can talk about it and disagree.

This board would suck if all we said was "Ill leave it up to Buddy"

Hey post 3,333 for me WOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Captain Hindsight

How about this:

I know that I don't want him to be the pick but I'll leave it up to Buddy. I may seriously hate on it early and often, but if he's the pick you have to believe that the FO is 100% sold on him. If he's the pick because Chan says "I think I can work with him" or something similar then find somebody else.

IF they pick a QB at 3 I would be more comfortable with Gabbert. IF they take a QB at 34 I'd be most comfortable with Dalton or Kaepernick.

What I don't understand is all the talk of Locker making it into round 1.

So, can we turn this in to a thread wondering when NeverGiveUp will post???

:thumbsup:

Did anyone see the Gruden QB camp think? When Newton was on the field throwing in drills, he looks like a manchild. He is huge and ripped and can zip the ball like crazy (he was real tight and stiff in his drops though). But in the film room and on the board he can across very simple and basic. When he was breaking down the one TD pass he seemed to be over analyzing a very simple misdirection play.

In short he seems to be the most physically gifted QB maybe ever, but doesn’t have the mental understanding of the position in NFL terms. A guy like that could take 3-4 years to learn the game, and in 3-4 years he still may not know it.

Nothing new that hasn’t been discussed, but I still wouldn’t risk it at 3.

Did anyone see the Gruden QB camp think? When Newton was on the field throwing in drills, he looks like a manchild. He is huge and ripped and can zip the ball like crazy (he was real tight and stiff in his drops though). But in the film room and on the board he can across very simple and basic. When he was breaking down the one TD pass he seemed to be over analyzing a very simple misdirection play.

In short he seems to be the most physically gifted QB maybe ever, but doesn’t have the mental understanding of the position in NFL terms. A guy like that could take 3-4 years to learn the game, and in 3-4 years he still may not know it.

Gruden asked each of the QBs to "stretch the 3rd step" in the drop back. Did you see newtons "stretched" 3rd step. He looked to be the only one to actually stretch it. And looked very good, IMO, in doing so. I was worried about how he'd do in that situation, and I was very impressed. Maybe its just me, but he seems to be very coachable. While I'm not sold on him, I'd be very excited to have him on the bills. I think chan would do an amazing job with him. Buffalo is probably the best fit for him IMO, due tl gailey and the ability for him to sit and learn a year. Possibly making a few appearances in certain situations, with a play specifically desired to maximize his talents. Too bad (for me, I know a LOT of this board dreads the thought of drafting him, understandably so), he probably won be available.

Hey Thoner. I thought you wanted Newton. No? Why the change of heart all of a sudden? U realize you had NO idea what you were talkin about?

Edited by DreReed83

How many heads would explode if Newton became a great pro quarterback and Andrew Luck turned out to be the next Matt Leinart?

I'd expect apologies and admissions of ignorance, but would probably receive none.

If Newton is anything less then a "great pro quarterback" should we expect an apology from you? I am not anti-Newton. I am anti-Bills-drafting-Newton.

If Newton is anything less then a "great pro quarterback" should we expect an apology from you? I am not anti-Newton. I am anti-Bills-drafting-Newton.

Sure boy i would apologize. I don't necessarily need Buffalo to draft Newton either. I'm just kind of sick of the kid being demonized over a stupid quote that was reported without context by hack Peter King.

Sure boy i would apologize. I don't necessarily need Buffalo to draft Newton either. I'm just kind of sick of the kid being demonized over a stupid quote that was reported without context by hack Peter King.

I agree, the [mis]quote was taken well out of context and those that cannot argue against Buffalo drafting cannot construct a valid enough argument based on their football knowledge...

When it comes down to it, there are plenty of reasons to be concerned with his projected NFL career but for the Buffalo Bills he is clearly more of a want then a need.

How many heads would explode if Newton became a great pro quarterback and Andrew Luck turned out to be the next Matt Leinart?

I'd expect apologies and admissions of ignorance, but would probably receive none.

Ill admit when I'm wrong. I dont think I will be and Luck is going to be special. Anyone who has watched that kid play will tell you he is an instant star at the next level without a doubt.

Kurt Warner, Steve Mariucci and the "No Huddle" crew share strong opinions on whether Cam Newton will succeed in the NFL. Who believes and who's skeptical?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81f67eb5/No-Huddle-Can-Cam-succeed-in-NFL?module=HP_headlines

Andrew Luck will absolutely be a better QB than Cam Newton at the NFL level.....book it...mark it down.

I really need for Nevegiveup to reassure me that Newton isnt the pick if he is available. I havent been able to sleep well at all due to recurring nightmares of Newton running around confused throwing INT's. Grudens QB camp cemented it for me. Please NGU gimme some solace?

I really need for Nevegiveup to reassure me that Newton isnt the pick if he is available. I havent been able to sleep well at all due to recurring nightmares of Newton running around confused throwing INT's. Grudens QB camp cemented it for me. Please NGU gimme some solace?

Again, you guys need to stop begging. Leave the guy (or gal) alone.

If your intention is to drive another great source of inside information away from the board for good, then keep it up, idiots.

Again, you guys need to stop begging. Leave the guy (or gal) alone.

If your intention is to drive another great source of inside information away from the board for good, then keep it up, idiots.

Agreed.

Historically, NGU has never given us information days or weeks ahead of time. It's always been an hour or two at most. They might have some news for us this Thursday around 4pm. I wouldnt expect anything before then.