All Newton all the time

RichardBag

Blaine Gabbert is a better qB prospect, he can read a Defense and THROW the football.

It really bores me to have to respond to this as I suspect another hit and run poster who hasnt seen any Gabbert game tape. May i make a subtle suggestion?? I would suggest that you and any other of the Gabbert fangirls, to read this: GABERT BREAKDOWN then watch this for starters: Missouri vs Illinios

Now....when viewing the game, dont look but watch....and when watching, look for this: "As a runner, he has speed but he is not elusive or quick footed. He seldom makes a defender miss in the open field. What he isn’t able to do is keep a play alive with his feet. As I said above, he retreats and then just runs often throwing the ball just before he steps out of bounds." and this: "I have also seen a player who can be indecisive when making decisions, strictly looks at just one half of the field and gets flustered when pressured." and PLEASE pay special attention to this one: "I never saw him take a snap from under center. Many of his throws are determined pre snap and when one of those receivers isn’t open he hesitates. You almost never see him look to the other side of the field. In four games, I don’t think I saw him read more than half the field on 10 plays. The thing he consistently does when his predetermined reads are covered is RETREAT. You almost never see him step up and try and find an open man. Though he has great speed, he is not real quick footed and shows just average ability to avoid the rush."

That should be enough to get you started. When your finished, come back and we can have a fun conversation that will also include names like Trent Edwards, JP Losman and Rob Johnson! I'll even go one further and give you my opener for the conversation: "You seriously what to see this again?????" And dont hurt yourself, its really as simple as this:

Cam - Attacks

Fitz - Attacks

Gabbert - Retreats

Now chose your QB?

I love the h3ll outta Fitz, dude is the definition of True Grit!! But Cam is a once in a lifetime player!! My only fear, is that Carolina see's this to.

Wanted: Someone to fix the brakes on a car called Carolina!! lol

Git "IT" ODB!!

I apologize in advance if I posted to much from my linked article. I could of went much further but I'd prefer people to visit the actual link.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the world just blew up (that or Team Newton is wearin you down LOL :thumbsup: ) because I agree with this statement. Gabbert wouldn't be in this conversation if Luck would have declared because dude is a nobody. I'd pick Locker or Mallet over him because he just appeared kinda like Losman did. I had no clue who JP was but everyone compared him to Brett Farve. I just knew he was going to fail but I liked Trent and look how that turned out. Even tho JP was the worst of the two but thats like saying im allergic to fish but im a eat this shrimp, either one may kill you...

LMAO!!! My exact thought after reading his above post. JB!!! Dude...you were one of the harshest dudes at the onset of all this....lol....Some one should tell Al Gore, Global Warming is also occurring in humans!! Haa...JB!!!

Git "IT"

Edited by RichardBag

It really bores me to have to respond to this as I suspect another hit and run poster who hasnt seen any Gabbert game tape. May i make a subtle suggestion?? I would suggest that you and any other of the Gabbert fangirls, to read this: GABERT BREAKDOWN then watch this for starters: Missouri vs Illinios

Now....when viewing the game, dont look but watch....and when watching, look for this: "As a runner, he has speed but he is not elusive or quick footed. He seldom makes a defender miss in the open field. What he isn’t able to do is keep a play alive with his feet. As I said above, he retreats and then just runs often throwing the ball just before he steps out of bounds." and this: "I have also seen a player who can be indecisive when making decisions, strictly looks at just one half of the field and gets flustered when pressured." and PLEASE pay special attention to this one: "I never saw him take a snap from under center. Many of his throws are determined pre snap and when one of those receivers isn’t open he hesitates. You almost never see him look to the other side of the field. In four games, I don’t think I saw him read more than half the field on 10 plays. The thing he consistently does when his predetermined reads are covered is RETREAT. You almost never see him step up and try and find an open man. Though he has great speed, he is not real quick footed and shows just average ability to avoid the rush."

That should be enough to get you started. When your finished, come back and we can have a fun conversation that will also include names like Trent Edwards, JP Losman and Rob Johnson! I'll even go one further and give you my opener for the conversation: "You seriously what to see this again?????" And dont hurt yourself, its really as simple as this:

Cam - Attacks

Fitz - Attacks

Gabbert - Retreats

Now chose your QB?

I love the h3ll outta Fitz, dude is the definition of True Grit!! But Cam is a once in a lifetime player!! My only fear, is that Carolina see's this to.

Wanted: Someone to fix the brakes on a car called Carolina!! lol

Git "IT" ODB!!

I apologize in advance if I posted to much from my linked article. I could of went much further but I'd prefer people to visit the actual link.

AWWWW DAMN THAT WAS MEAN!... LMAO!... Why you do him like that? That is what I call a good old fashion "SONNING". He didn't expect that response I bet...LOL!... I don't think he will be coming back to this thread anymore, that was harsh :oops: ... But yet very entertaining and true, lets hope Carolina doesn't read that post and picks Gabbert while we get Newton... :D

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

I think the world just blew up (that or Team Newton is wearin you down LOL :thumbsup: ) because I agree with this statement. Gabbert wouldn't be in this conversation if Luck would have declared because dude is a nobody. I'd pick Locker or Mallet over him because he just appeared kinda like Losman did. I had no clue who JP was but everyone compared him to Brett Farve. I just knew he was going to fail but I liked Trent and look how that turned out. Even tho JP was the worst of the two but thats like saying im allergic to fish but im a eat this shrimp, either one may kill you...

LMAO!!! My exact thought after reading his above post. JB!!! Dude...you were one of the harshest dudes at the onset of all this....lol....Some one should tell Al Gore, Global Warming is also occurring in humans!! Haa...JB!!!

Git "IT"

I am not being worn down by the Newton hype nor am I saying I want Newton, but if you gave me a choice between Gabbert and Newton I would struggle to take Newton. Gabbert has a lot of tools and would contribute generically to a team more immediately and could provide a career path similar to Todd Collins. Newton jumped on the scene just like Gabbert; there is not much difference between the two. I think it will take years of development to get Newton to perform at the level desired of him in the NFL and that is just not something that he can be given. He will have to earn that spot. JP had been a guy running under the lights - similar to Mallet. The only QB IMO in this draft that is that "top" level guy is Locker and he is not a sure thing. That in this draft I cannot say I believe any QB will succeed in the NFL is something I have not said in a long time. None of the QB's are worth the 3rd pick and I would be just as good waiting until later in the draft or waiting until FA.

Newton, Gabbert, Locker or Mallet would not be in this conversation if this was any of the drafts in the last 6 years. Even guys like St Pierre, Bradford, Troy Smith, Orton, Tebow, Sanchez, Leinert would have been higher ranked then them.

I am not being worn down by the Newton hype nor am I saying I want Newton, but if you gave me a choice between Gabbert and Newton I would struggle to take Newton. Gabbert has a lot of tools and would contribute generically to a team more immediately and could provide a career path similar to Todd Collins. Newton jumped on the scene just like Gabbert; there is not much difference between the two. I think it will take years of development to get Newton to perform at the level desired of him in the NFL and that is just not something that he can be given. He will have to earn that spot. JP had been a guy running under the lights - similar to Mallet. The only QB IMO in this draft that is that "top" level guy is Locker and he is not a sure thing. That in this draft I cannot say I believe any QB will succeed in the NFL is something I have not said in a long time. None of the QB's are worth the 3rd pick and I would be just as good waiting until later in the draft or waiting until FA.

Newton, Gabbert, Locker or Mallet would not be in this conversation if this was any of the drafts in the last 6 years. Even guys like St Pierre, Bradford, Troy Smith, Orton, Tebow, Sanchez, Leinert would have been higher ranked then them.

Who the hell is St.Pierre? :blink:

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

AWWWW DAMN THAT WAS MEAN!... LMAO!... Why you do him like that? That is what I call a good old fashion "SONNING". He didn't expect that response I bet...LOL!... I don't think he will be coming back to this thread anymore, that was harsh :oops: ... But yet very entertaining and true, lets hope Carolina doesn't read that post and picks Gabbert while we get Newton... :D

Cmon man!! It was MEANt to be educational!!! LMAO!!

DUDE On the Carolina!! Carolina is really starting to bother me. Read this right before ready your thoughts in red: Dan Reeves

Can you grit your teeth and smile at the same time. I mean like, the ear to ear type smile but with the grit being SABREtooth like!! Ha....I have not doubt that its gonna be "I-Tee" @ 3...I just hate all the background noise....

Git "IT"

Who the hell is St.Pierre? :blink:

Brian St. Pierre of Boston College was the Jay Cutler in the 2003 draft. He was the smaller school guy who had all the tools and the ability that would soon become among the best QB's in thegame.

I always find it funny that Vick is giving the salute with palm up. That's not an American salute.

Edited by jboyst62

Not a Gabbert Fangirl: Check

PHEW!!! lol

Not a Gabbert Fangirl: Check

PHEW!!! lol

Please knock off the name calling.

Put this in your FWIW file...

The more scouts dig, the more I am finding they are turned off on Auburn QB Cam Newton. Citing that hes a me first guy and has some real character flaws behind the scenes. One scout said he handles himself flawlessly in front of the camera, but when they are off hes not the same guy.

and

A number of coaches throughout the NFL have been turned off by the overall way Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert has handled himself this post-season. They did not like the fact he didnt workout at the NFL Combine and cited his overall demeanor and body language as turnoffs. The more info I gather on Gabbert the less I feel like hes being endorsed as a high first round pick. He could end up being the one quarterback to slide a lot further than many think come April.

Observations on other players the Bills have reportedly shown interest in:

From all accounts the reports we are getting back on Alabama DL Marcell Dareus have been good. There havent been any real concerns about his weight and as of now he seems like one of the cleaner top-tier prospects in the draft.

The same cant be said about Auburn DT Nick Fairley. Immaturity issues are the one real negative that keep popping up on his front, potentially keeping him out of the top five.

Talked to a scout earlier in the week who said dont be shocked at all if Texas A&M OLB Von Miller or LSU CB Patrick Peterson ends up being the first overall pick. Said both players are gifted athletes and dont have any baggage attached to their names.

Talked to a scout who was in attendance at the Purdue pro day who was really down on Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan, saying that he isnt a real gifted athlete and is simply too stiff to be viewed as a first round pick.

link

Great. Another #1 pick that can't contribute right away. Sounds like the Bills to me. :doh: Seriously, this same site will have an article on how we're taking Gabbert five minutes later, then how were taking Dareus 5 minutes after that!

PTR

Contribute to what exactly? Do you think we are making the playoffs this year? Shot at the championship?

Why is everyone concerned about "contributing right away" when 1. We're in the middle of a multi-year rebuild, and 2. QBs generally do not contribute right away, and we need a new QB???

Do you really feel like this team is ONE first round rookie away from doing something big?

Great. Another #1 pick that can't contribute right away. Sounds like the Bills to me. :doh: Seriously, this same site will have an article on how we're taking Gabbert five minutes later, then how were taking Dareus 5 minutes after that!

PTR

Exactly. I'm not going to believe anything until the pick is announced....or NeverGiveUp says it

Question for the masses...are we better, worse or on par with the titans prior to their drafting of vince young?

I'm not saying he'll have the same impact year one. But, I am saying he could.

I'd rather address what really was the reason we have the third pick, our defense. But, if they feel he could keep defensive coordinators up all night trying to game plan buffalo, then so be it.

Question for the masses...are we better, worse or on par with the titans prior to their drafting of vince young?

I'd rather address what really was the reason we have the third pick, our defense. But, if they feel he could keep defensive coordinators up all night trying to game plan buffalo, then so be it.

im not worried about our defense...i know CRAZY!... but we had some solid new players last year, and we had some injuries last year.... and with the 3th pick you can draft for the future....and then use an early 2nd round pick and solid 3rd round pick and two 4th round pick to build up the defense....

I'd take Newton over Blaine.... but Von Miller over both if he was available

Contrary to popular opinion, I believe that the quickest way to improve the Bills' win loss record is to focus on offense. The offense if further along and has more weapons than the D, plus the league itself is more oriented towards offense than defense (especially the passing game).

That doesn't mean the Bills should ignore the D (they need to improve it for the long term health of the franchise) but since the D has more holes, more question marks it's going to be harder (if not impossible) to fix it this off season. Even if the off season is longer than normal. If you want to jump from 4 wins to 8 or 9 quickly, go Offense.

If Chan and Nix believe this guy is the next McNabb or better, then by all means take him at #3. Just make sure you also address the OT needs and focus the rest on Defense. Can you imagine a solid OLine with Newton and Spiller back there for the next 10 years. Gailey can truly revolutionize the NFL offense to properly showcase the athletic QBs in this league. Hopefully we address TE in FA and if dreams do come true, we can also bring in the CB from the Raiders...

POW!!!