Whats your dream 1st round

My dream 1st round is a trade with Arizona at #5. They want Gabbert and are unsure what Cincy will do, so they give us their 2nd Rounder.

The draft goes Newton, Dareus, Gabbert, AJ Green.

Titans at #8 want Quinn, Peterson or Bowers and know Frisco wants the exact same players. They give us their 2nd Rounder for the #5 pick.

Titans pick Bowers.

San Francisco takes Peterson.

Cleveland takes Von Miller.

Bills take:

OLB Quinn at #8.

ILB Mason Foster at #34.

TE Rudolph at #38.

CB Davon House at #39.

QB Andy Dalton at #45.

DT34 Jerrell Powe at #68.

ILB Casey Matthews at #100.

OT James Carpenter at #122.

Not to pick you apart or anything...But when a guys College Coach questions whether or not he can stand up and play OLB, you HAVE to question his capability...

I don't claim to be an expert...But just about everyone I've heard when talking about Quinn says he's a 4-3 DE and nothing more...Even Butch Davis was very clear that Quinn's best position was at DE in a 4-3...He's a MAJOR projection as a 3-4 OLB...Not saying he can't do it...Just saying...Furthermore, just today on NFL Network they said there is an awful lot of concern about Quinn being a 3 Down DE, even in a 4-3, because he's just not very good at holding the edge vs. the Run...I gotta say this is the EXACT type of reports I was hearing about Maybin a couple weeks before the Draft...Quinn is a heck of an athlete...But if he's not in the right system I think he's going to struggle...And I don't think he's a fit for The Bills 3-4 at all...Not even close...

I would however LOVE to see the Bills Trade Down a bit, pick up a couple extra Picks, and still end up with Gabbert, Miller, Newton, Fairley, or Jordan in Round #1...Then use those extra Picks to get back into the bottom of the 1st to grab Mallett or Ponder (assuming they don't Draft Gabbert)... B-)

Buffalo trades back from 3 5 times and ends up picking 20-25th-ish. The results of the trading back nets them 2 2012 1st rounders and 3 2011 2nd rounders.

At 20-25th-ish they take Carimi. They then trade 2 2nd rounders back into the 1st round for JJ Watt. Then somehow Phil Taylor lasts til 34 and we take him. Brooks Reed or M. Wilson or K. Sheppard or some other LB with the last remaining 2nd. In the 3rd we take James Carpenter and with our 4ths we take Herzlich and that USC BBall TE Cameron or whatever his name is. In the 5th we take that injured UNC LB who falls, and in the 6th Lee Ziebra the OT from Auburn. With some other picks we likely added with all the trade downs we land future starting RB Delone Carter, from Cuse.

In 2012 the Bills trade all 3 first round picks and as many other picks as needed for the #1 overall pick for Luck.

Not to pick you apart or anything...But when a guys College Coach questions whether or not he can stand up and play OLB, you HAVE to question his capability...

I don't claim to be an expert...But just about everyone I've heard when talking about Quinn says he's a 4-3 DE and nothing more...Even Butch Davis was very clear that Quinn's best position was at DE in a 4-3...He's a MAJOR projection as a 3-4 OLB...Not saying he can't do it...Just saying...Furthermore, just today on NFL Network they said there is an awful lot of concern about Quinn being a 3 Down DE, even in a 4-3, because he's just not very good at holding the edge vs. the Run...I gotta say this is the EXACT type of reports I was hearing about Maybin a couple weeks before the Draft...Quinn is a heck of an athlete...But if he's not in the right system I think he's going to struggle...And I don't think he's a fit for The Bills 3-4 at all...Not even close...

I would however LOVE to see the Bills Trade Down a bit, pick up a couple extra Picks, and still end up with Gabbert, Miller, Newton, Fairley, or Jordan in Round #1...Then use those extra Picks to get back into the bottom of the 1st to grab Mallett or Ponder (assuming they don't Draft Gabbert)... B-)

Read this article. Quinn is seen by many as a scheme fit for a hybrid, and he is the BPA at that pick.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/4/21/2122690/2011-nfl-draft-robert-quinn-buffalo-bills

Why Gabbert? He wasn't even in first round consideration until Andrew Luck failed to declare. He not only hasn't proved anything at the NFL level, but really hasn't proved much at the Collegiate level. His attributes all stems mostly from intangibles. He has ideal height and weight, is well liked, has good command of the huddle and is a pretty accurate QB. Those attributes are all good and show potential, but hardly worthy of a 1st round selection, let alone top 10 pick! If Andrew Luck was in this draft Cam Newton nor Blaine Gabbert would even have a remote chance to be considered as the top QB in the draft! Gabbert would be at least the third best available on the board and for my money the 2nd best available QB on the board right now is Colin Kaepernick who is slotted by most to be a 2nd round QB. One other thing for my money if Marcell Dareus is there, you take him! Our biggest flaw amongst many is that we cannot stop the run and Dareus plays and is built to stop the run and still can sack the QB. Von Miller is not built to stop the run, he may sack the QB...but he is undersized for the task of plugging up the middle.

Just my take! Enjoy the draft! Oh yeah...regardless of my feelings I think the cabby in NY will call for Von Miller! Remember that when it happens!

A play on a Dick Jauron quote: We looked at our draft board and didn't see a single guy that had proven a thing in the NFL.

My dream 1st round is a trade with Arizona at #5. They want Gabbert and are unsure what Cincy will do, so they give us their 2nd Rounder.

The draft goes Newton, Dareus, Gabbert, AJ Green.

Titans at #8 want Quinn, Peterson or Bowers and know Frisco wants the exact same players. They give us their 2nd Rounder for the #5 pick.

Titans pick Bowers.

San Francisco takes Peterson.

Cleveland takes Von Miller.

Bills take:

OLB Quinn at #8.

ILB Mason Foster at #34.

TE Rudolph at #38.

CB Davon House at #39.

QB Andy Dalton at #45.

DT34 Jerrell Powe at #68.

ILB Casey Matthews at #100.

OT James Carpenter at #122.

Love it, just would prefer Watt or Jordan at 8. Perhaps a bit high, but something tells me they fit the Bill's defense pretty well.

My dream scenario would be able to trade down a few spots and STILL get Darious or Von Miller....picking up an additional 2nd rounder

+1. Trade-ups usually happen when a team covets a QB. Cincy probably takes Green if the 2 QB's are gone. We still get who we were gonna take at #3 and get an extra 2nd.

Read this article. Quinn is seen by many as a scheme fit for a hybrid, and he is the BPA at that pick.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/4/21/2122690/2011-nfl-draft-robert-quinn-buffalo-bills

According to the Scouts I've heard and read he's not a scheme fit unless the opponents Offense Passes the Ball 100% of the time...Butch Davis said his best position is the traditional DE in a 4-3... :lol:

Seriously I disagree with that concept...But we'll see soon enough...I don't think Quinn is going to be a 3 down guy like Miller at all...In fact I think Quinn is the most Aaron Maybin-like of all the Prospects in the 2011 Draft...If the Bills Draft him I hope to God I'm wrong about that... B-)

I expect Dareus to be gone by #3, so would prefer to trade our 1st to Houston (#11) for their 1st, 2nd, and early round pick next draft. Houston has expressed a potential interest in moving up to get Patrick Peterson.

#11 Cam Jordan

#34 Martez Wilson

#42 Kyle Rudolph or Andy Dalton