Whats your dream 1st round

Draft Fever is really getting to me, consuming me actually. The more I think of it, the more I want the following:

Marcell Dareus at 3

Trade back into rd 1 and grabbing Ryan Mallett….I want to make sure we get him.

Ah yes, the 'trade back into the first round' strategy. That move has paid handsome dividends for the Bills these past several years.

My dream first round involves the top 10 teams all trading us their picks for future 7th round picks, and other teams trading established Pro Bowl players for our future 6th round picks. It also has Bill Belicheck dying from the ebola virus and having the Patriots sign Dick Jauron as their new head coach. Then they announce that beer at the stadium will be free.

What can I say - I dream big.

dream 1st round:

Denver piks AJ Green, we pick Dareus.

Then Cinci trades the #4 to us, for our extra 7th round pik straight up, and we pick Von Miller w/ that.

Then NE trades us the #33 pick for our other 7th rnd pik, straight up, which we use to pick Ponder, Kaepernick or Dalton.

Then we use our #34 to pick the best OT.

then i wake up...

Mallett likes to party too much.

"whats your dream 1st round", not "rudely dismiss the other dudes post".

Ah yes, the 'trade back into the first round' strategy. That move has paid handsome dividends for the Bills these past several years.

Its what I'd like and Its who I want. I didnt want McCargo or Losman. Get off my sack

My dream 1st round is a trade with Arizona at #5. They want Gabbert and are unsure what Cincy will do, so they give us their 2nd Rounder.

The draft goes Newton, Dareus, Gabbert, AJ Green.

Titans at #8 want Quinn, Peterson or Bowers and know Frisco wants the exact same players. They give us their 2nd Rounder for the #5 pick.

Titans pick Bowers.

San Francisco takes Peterson.

Cleveland takes Von Miller.

Bills take:

OLB Quinn at #8.

ILB Mason Foster at #34.

TE Rudolph at #38.

CB Davon House at #39.

QB Andy Dalton at #45.

DT34 Jerrell Powe at #68.

ILB Casey Matthews at #100.

OT James Carpenter at #122.

My dream 1st round is a trade with Arizona at #5. They want Gabbert and are unsure what Cincy will do, so they give us their 2nd Rounder.

The draft goes Newton, Dareus, Gabbert, AJ Green.

Titans at #8 want Quinn, Peterson or Bowers and know Frisco wants the exact same players. They give us their 2nd Rounder for the #5 pick.

Titans pick Bowers.

San Francisco takes Peterson.

Cleveland takes Von Miller.

Bills take:

OLB Quinn at #8.

ILB Mason Foster at #34.

TE Rudolph at #38.

CB Davon House at #39.

QB Andy Dalton at #45.

DT34 Jerrell Powe at #68.

ILB Casey Matthews at #100.

OT James Carpenter at #122.

I hope your dream comes true Astro.

With those picks

I'd prefer

Cam Jordan

OLB Arizona

Mason Foster #38

When exactly have the Bills traded down "these past several years"?

Seriously, read, comprehend, then post.

The Bills have traded back into the first round, as Mr. Goodell alluded to, at least two times recently. Those trades, back into the first round, brought us JP Losman and John McCargo. Thus the reticence to try that strategy again.

Mallett likes to party too much.

So did Wilt Chamberlin, and he wasn't a half-bad basketball player. So did President Bill Clinton and he turned out to become the President of the United States. So what does that mean? I partied a lot when I was 20 and ended up doing 20 honorable years of service in the Navy.

My dream 1st round scenario is getting a player, regardless of position, that has an immediate impact on this team and is becomes one of the league's elite player for many years.

Amen!

My dream scenario would be able to trade down a few spots and STILL get Darious or Von Miller....picking up an additional 2nd rounder

I could be wrong..but I think you won't be able to do that concerning Dareus...but it's possible with V. Miller and I'd be great with that! Great point by the way! :thumbsup:

Nick Fairley. Then line him next to Kyle and play an aggressive blitzing 4-3 and go 19-0 !!

I'd love to get Marcell Dareus at #3 and Colin Kaepernick at pick#34 in the second round. I'd like the Bills to move back in the 2nd round which may cost them their 3rd rounder, the second of their 4th rounders and their compensatory 7th rounder. With that second 2nd round pick I'd love for them to select either TE Kyle Rudolph or Derek Sherrod OT which supposedly the Bills really like. Quan Sturdivant LB is another player that the Bills like and had him in for a visit recently.

In all honesty I'd be tickled pink though if we got Dareus and consider it a bonus to get Kaepernick in the 2nd !!! :thumbsup:

My dream 1st round is an impact player...I could care less the position i just hope the bills don't !@#$ it up... that could be too much to ask for though

laughing to myself..as I think about the Maybin blunder which I was so p%^^#d off about as they passed on Orakapo! I was just as flabbergasted when they selected C.J. Spiller last year! They've passed on Clay Matthews, H. Ngata, B. Orakapo!!! I'm not a paid expert but I felt like those would be guys to draft! Now my blood is pumping and I'm not laughing anymore...Your right they better not blank it up!!!! Go with M. Dareus...if he's gone maybe V.Miller...outside chance Fairley but lots of red flags there, but he could be an impact player...same with Da'quan Bowers if his injury heals properly! Just don't take a WR, CB, RB, S, OT with that #3 pick! QB? Yikes..I'm not inclined to take one there! If they do they better make 100 percent sure they got the right guy! We don't need the next Edwards, Lossman, Holbert, Rob Johnson, :oops: etc......

Stay put and take either Gabbert or Von Miller.

Why Gabbert? He wasn't even in first round consideration until Andrew Luck failed to declare. He not only hasn't proved anything at the NFL level, but really hasn't proved much at the Collegiate level. His attributes all stems mostly from intangibles. He has ideal height and weight, is well liked, has good command of the huddle and is a pretty accurate QB. Those attributes are all good and show potential, but hardly worthy of a 1st round selection, let alone top 10 pick! If Andrew Luck was in this draft Cam Newton nor Blaine Gabbert would even have a remote chance to be considered as the top QB in the draft! Gabbert would be at least the third best available on the board and for my money the 2nd best available QB on the board right now is Colin Kaepernick who is slotted by most to be a 2nd round QB. One other thing for my money if Marcell Dareus is there, you take him! Our biggest flaw amongst many is that we cannot stop the run and Dareus plays and is built to stop the run and still can sack the QB. Von Miller is not built to stop the run, he may sack the QB...but he is undersized for the task of plugging up the middle.

Just my take! Enjoy the draft! Oh yeah...regardless of my feelings I think the cabby in NY will call for Von Miller! Remember that when it happens!