A fun diversion…Marcell Dareus

The natives here on the board (myself included) are getting very restless. There's been a lot of sniping at each other and increased site traffic as the draft approaches.

For a change of pace, there's a fun Sports Science video featuring Marcell Dareus and the measurements of his physical talent.

For context, his measurements in performing certain tasks are compared to LaMarr Woodley and Ndamukong Suh. They don't mention the recent appearance by Nick Fairley (maybe the Fairley appearance happened afterwards).

Anyways, even as one who isn't easily impressed by the Sports Science segments, this one's pretty good.

http://sports.espn.g...ffri&id=6388359

p.s. There an accompanying biographical article about Dareus and some of the challenges he's faced till now.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

the off field things he has had to deal with and still being as stand up as he has i have a lot of respect for. i dont think i could have lost both parents then the person/coach who also took him into his house after that and still be the kind of kid he is. He would be great in buffalo

The natives here on the board (myself included) are getting very restless. There's been a lot of sniping at each other and increased site traffic as the draft approaches.

For a change of pace, there's a fun Sports Science video featuring Marcell Dareus and the measurements of his physical talent.

For context, his measurements in performing certain tasks are compared to LaMarr Woodley and Ndamukong Suh. They don't mention the recent appearance by Nick Fairley (maybe the Fairley appearance happened afterwards).

Anyways, even as one who isn't easily impressed by the Sports Science segments, this one's pretty good.

http://sports.espn.g...ffri&id=6388359

p.s. There an accompanying biographical article about Dareus and some of the challenges he's faced till now.

Wish he could be our pick. Get the next best slobber-knocker Buddy.

Man that is sick, testing better than Woodley and Suh!Although Suh was a better player than Dareus and would love to have him but as Bradford went over Suh, Gabbert must come before Dareus or any other player for that matter.

I have wanted Dareus as our selection for a while now...I picked Von Miller (whom is intriguing as well..) because I don't think Marcell Dareus will be there at #3. If somehow Dareus slides down to us...all I have to say is that we better select him as that's a gift just like Orakapo was when he slid to the Bills and we instead selected Aaron Maybin.

I think there is about 30 percent chance that Dareus is available at #3 as I think one of the first two teams to select will select a QB. There is also a good chance that someone may move up to the 1st or 2nd slot to select a QB which would increase the odds of us landing Dareus.

I like that Dareus is more stout than Fairley and provides a better anchor. He excells in all facets of the game and still can get to the QB often while taking up space and slowing down the opponents run game. He's just built bigger than Fairley and in my opinion less of a risk when it comes to off the field behavior. Fairley is also known for taking the occasional play off which is not something that Dareus does. Dareus seems to eat, breathe, and live football sort of how the Great Lou Gehrig was in his relationship with baseball! I hope the Bills have the opportunity to select Dareus, and would be foolish to pass on him if given that opportunity! (But we've watched that rerun before!)

I personally believe that if Dareus and Miller fell to the Bills (and that would be the PERFECT stroke), that the Bills take Dareus. Nix said we’re going to get bigger and nastier and Dareus/Fairley are the big nasties in RD1, and Dareus is the better choice in terms of personality there. I would be thrilled if we get Dareus.

I was a latecomer to the Von Miller bandwagon. Only last week did I really convert to a Von Miller fan. He’s the best pass rusher in the draft, a “4-year wonder” who improved every year up to his senior year (sacks went down but he played to win), a team captain, a stand up character. Majeski said yesterday he has the best pass rush moves he’s ever seen in the 10 years of doing scouting.

If I had to design the perfect storm, I would re-sign our CB’s and go 1-Miller OLB, 2-Mason Foster ILB, 3-DJ Williams TE, 4-Lee Ziemba RT, 4-Pernell McPhee DE, 5-Kenrick Ellis DT34, 6-Will Rackley OG, 7-Josh Thomas CB, and 7-Schuylar Oordt TE.

Edited by Astrobot

:thumbsup:

Cam is our pick if available.

I can see the Bills doing that, and I can see us paying for that mistake for several years! Sure, I would be excited...everyone would be...it's a high profile..glamorous pick! Heck even Cam Newton will be excited and talking about Cam in the third person with his big hollywood type persona. Even if we get'em I see him here..and then I see him disappear! I see him as a player that will be hard to resign near the end of his first contract. I see holdouts, trade demands, possibly doing a McGahee denouncing Buffalo's nightlife and entertainment options. I think it would be a huge mistake!

Also..One of the QB trainers that worked exclusively with many QB's over the years and has seen it all recently disclosed in his interview that Colin Kaepernick who is likely a 2nd rounder is athletically more gifted than Cam newton. He worked with both QB's in preparation for the combine etc....He said that Colin Kaepernick is faster, more NFL ready, more mature, etc....he thinks that Kaepernick has more upside and will flourish at the next level. He wasn't saying that because of some sort of allegiance to Kaepernick or anything either..as he has family connections with Cam Newton and is very familiar with him.

Here is my pick for the Bills at #3... Marcell Dareus if available, if not then Von Miller. One of the two will be there! Cam Newton will probably be in either Carolina or Denver and that's just how that cookie crumbles. Thank Goodness! :thumbsup: