If Stevie Johnson made that catch against Pittsburgh in OT...

I was in Ontario last night, and they were running ads on TSN for the NFL Draft coverage. In the clip, they show Stevie Johnson dropping that ball against the Steelers.

It got me thinking: If he made the catch, we'd be picking 6th, potentially taking us out of the running for Miller, Dareus, Gabbert, Peterson or Quinn. Now that we know that, would you have still wanted him to make the grab and knock off the AFC champs? Or keep the third pick?

Interestingly enough, if we beat the Steelers and pulled out one of those other games (Baltimore or Kansas City, perhaps), we would've fallen all the way to pick 13 based on our strength of schedule.

I was in Ontario last night, and they were running ads on TSN for the NFL Draft coverage. In the clip, they show Stevie Johnson dropping that ball against the Steelers.

It got me thinking: If he made the catch, we'd be picking 6th, potentially taking us out of the running for Miller, Dareus, Gabbert, Peterson or Quinn. Now that we know that, would you have still wanted him to make the grab and knock off the AFC champs? Or keep the third pick?

Interestingly enough, if we beat the Steelers and pulled out one of those other games (Baltimore or Kansas City, perhaps), we would've fallen all the way to pick 13 based on our strength of schedule.

Yes. I ALWAYS want to win. There will be a very fine player sitting there at #6 and also at #13.

This will sound weird, but glad we lost against KC and Chicago, pissed we lost against BMore and Pittsburgh. Probably makes little sense, but beating the big guys is better then KC or even Chicago who I expect to beat.

The difference between pick 3 & 6 this year is hard to quantify. The player picked 6th could easily be better than the one picked 3rd. Where it may make the most difference is day two when we pick 34th, with that extra night you have teams thinking about who they want and it may lead to some interesting deals. It will be like having the second pick of the draft, versus the 6th. It could be big. The third day will be similar but not as dramatic.

That was my only consolation after sulking for 2 hours at the bar following the drop. The only thing that kept me sane was thinking "at least we still have a chance at Andrew Luck". Does that me any less of a fan? That's a matter of opinion. I needed something positive to think about in order to help take away from the pain. That drop hurt. Bad.

Ya i Love to lose. It makes a team lose their confidence and get a higher draft pick. Im sure that would culture of losing wouldnt last a decade either

In the grand scheme of things, I agree, it isn't good. But does that still apply to this one specific example? Would that win really have made some difference for them in 2011?

YES i wish he had caught that ball. I had my victory route all planned out and was looking forward to rubbing it in the face of steeler fans (they suck). I was at the Detroit game and you woulda thought we just won the Superbowl. every win counts

Looking back yes we now have a lower draft position, which can be good or bad. Buffalo seems to mess up our first pick regardless of what position. Being at that game with a bunch of Steelers fans I wanted nothing more then to see their smug faces all dejected leaving the stadium because they chocked against the lowly Bills. Plus that would have been a pretty epic way to finally pull off an OT win.

if he made that catch I would have made the playoffs in my fantasy league and eventually come in second so that drop cost me about $500

enough said

dropping out of the top 5 would eliminate all this QB talk with the first pick so Id be happy with that...i like where they are picking in the second round though however

Edited by Max997

once u are out of the play-off... If no purpose to rally and win a bunch of games at the end of the season that would move u from the third to the 6-8 pick... We did that last year went from the 4-6 pick to the 11th.... Because of my thinking is the reason the NFL needs a lottery like the NBA it might prevent teams from tanking seasons

This will sound weird, but glad we lost against KC and Chicago, pissed we lost against BMore and Pittsburgh. Probably makes little sense, but beating the big guys is better then KC or even Chicago who I expect to beat.

KC made the playoffs last year & Chicago hosted the NFC Championship game. Why would you expect the Bills to beat them?

Just WIN Baby !! Let the draft picks fall where they may.

Agreed. If He made the catch, it would have been nice. He tried. The Team tried. Their effort was waaaay better than it's ever been. We snook up on some teams and made them think twice. We still are a bad football team. 4-12 is bad team.

It's just been a bad organization from top to bottom, for years now. This year we'll know if Nix/Gailey know what they're doing. Can we have the best draft ever? Can we go after High Impact Free Agents? This season can turn us around big time, if they make the RIGHT decisions. If we have draft picks come in and start. If they go after high end free agents.

If we see 7 wins or better, atleast we'll know we're on the right path. If we stay the same or worse, then we know nothing will happen until we have a new owner of the Buffalo Bills that wants a Lombardi Trophy. It's that simple.

Edited by mattsox

I would have loved to beat a good team like the steelers, and I tend to be a higher pick will help us guy. I am hoping we don’t draft Peterson or Miller and a couple others. While I admit getting a higher pick should help us get better, this year ir would have almost been better for us to be outside the top 5 and take a Cam Jordan or something.

You're funny.

Maybe only Peterson would be a top 5 pick in most years.

This draft class is weak at the high end but a very deep class.

They're about 20 players that would be ranked pick 10-20 most years and about 60 players that have second round grades.

There isn't a really big difference this year between 6 and 16 and they're is only a big difference if youtake Peterson or AJ Green with the #3.

Is there really a significant difference between Dareaus, Fairely, or Cam Jordan? Not really.

If anything this should prove to the "let's lose baffonery" that there really isn't a benefit to losing to improve your draft position.

We pick #12 this year and we get Cam Jordan, JJ Watt, or Anthony Coatanzo. Players that I think are odds on favorites to be better NFL players than Dareus, Quinn, or Miller.