Investigation into rising gas prices

No thats what our gov't is doing with QE2

Oil is priced in dollars! Stop QE and the oil speculation will go away, the dollar will rise and oil will be slightly cheaper for us. There is plenty of supply. Indian and china demand will keep it high but not this high.

Nah, couldn't possibly have anything to do with it. It's got be fat cat bankers, CEO's, and somehow Dick Cheney

All Glory to The Benbernank :worthy:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy really doesn't have a clue.

He and his handlers know that the American public doesn't have a clue. They know this is a empty gesture that will be perceived as constructive "action" by clueless soccer moms at home watching "The View" and adoring college students and so on. All designed to enhance Obamas image for re-election. Who gives a crap about actual gas prices and the effects of them.

He and his handlers know that the American public doesn't have a clue. They know this is a empty gesture that will be perceived as constructive "action" by clueless soccer moms at home watching "The View" and adoring college students and so on. All designed to enhance Obamas image for re-election. Who gives a crap about actual gas prices and the effects of them.

It's sad but there is quite a bit of truth to that... :(

And then when alternative energy comes along, like say electric cars, what will the gov't do to offset the lost revenue from people not paying gas taxes?

Why tax the electric car of course! Oh wait, I'm sorry it's not a tax. It's a fee

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_electric_car_fees

Taxing people to own what they gave them tax breaks to buy. !@#$tards. :wallbash:

The government will have to close up shop once they convince everyone to quit smoking. Yet again they could up the tax on Nicorette.

see thats faulty thinking... they will find something else to tax. they aren't going to suddenly decide they don't need that revenue, they will just turn their health nazis on something else.

too much sodium? tax it.

alcohol? thats a public risk, yep raise the tax

sugar? that leads to diabetes, better tax it

caffeine? people are already addicted, tax it

red meat? we'll say that causes cancer, tax that too.

The government with tax revenue is like a crackhead needing a fix.

What should gas prices be in your mind? Just curious.

I'm not an expert in this field so I don't say stupid things like how much gas should cost.

Also I take a dump every day and I have yet to see numbers floating in the toilet when I'm done.

Now I have a question for you seeing your the expert on how much things should cost. How much should a loaf of bread in Biloxi Mississippi and why?

see thats faulty thinking... they will find something else to tax. they aren't going to suddenly decide they don't need that revenue, they will just turn their health nazis on something else.

too much sodium? tax it.

Where I am, they tax me:

When I go to get food (gasoline tax).

When I pay for the food.

When I bag the groceries (tax on plastic grocery bags - side note: because they're bad for the environment. Even though they were introduced to replace paper, which was bad for the environment. And to encourage you to buy reusable grocery bags - which are bad for the environment, and which they tax.)

When I take the groceries home.

When I cook (electricity or gas tax).

When I finally excrete the waste from the food (utilities bill to cover the sewers).

Basically, the only thing they don't tax on my food is the actual process of eating and digestion. Unless I go out to dinner, of course.

Where I am, they tax me:

When I go to get food (gasoline tax).

When I pay for the food.

When I bag the groceries (tax on plastic grocery bags - side note: because they're bad for the environment. Even though they were introduced to replace paper, which was bad for the environment. And to encourage you to buy reusable grocery bags - which are bad for the environment, and which they tax.)

When I take the groceries home.

When I cook (electricity or gas tax).

When I finally excrete the waste from the food (utilities bill to cover the sewers).

Basically, the only thing they don't tax on my food is the actual process of eating and digestion. Unless I go out to dinner, of course.

I understand that... but the only point i was making was to piggyback on the post about cigarette tax. That stupid tax was sold to us to "convince people not to smoke, healthcare costs, 2nd hand smoke, it's bad for you and we know better etc... blah blah blah" but once taxes make smoking too expensive and enough people quit they government isn't going to say; hey thats great we "helped" all these people quit a bad habit, they are going to say oh crap what are we going to do with all that lost revenue we depend on. they will just raise taxes on other things and invent new taxes to make up the difference. It's not a tax problem, it's a spending problem

too much sodium? tax it.

There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and then you cash in on guilt.

-Atlas Shrugged

I've been re-visiting Atlas Shrugged the last few weeks when I get some free time (it's a looong book). Amazing how many current parallels one can find in a book written 50+ years ago.

There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and then you cash in on guilt.

-Atlas Shrugged

I've been re-visiting Atlas Shrugged the last few weeks when I get some free time (it's a looong book). Amazing how many current parallels one can find in a book written 50+ years ago.

Don't forget to pay your state "Reading Atlas Shrugged" tax, as well as your federal "Quoting Atlas Shrugged" tax.

I'm not an expert in this field so I don't say stupid things like how much gas should cost.

Also I take a dump every day and I have yet to see numbers floating in the toilet when I'm done.

Now I have a question for you seeing your the expert on how much things should cost. How much should a loaf of bread in Biloxi Mississippi and why?

So I can be questioned an mocked for giving my opinion that gas prices are way to high and shouldn't be above $3.00. You can just avoid giving your opinion. You do realize you don't have to be an expert to give an opinion right?

Don't forget to pay your state "Reading Atlas Shrugged" tax, as well as your federal "Quoting Atlas Shrugged" tax.

Good point. Might want to lobby Congress to implement some kind of Author Fairness tax too, for all those authors that never got a chance to sell as many copies of their books as Atlas Shrugged sold.

Oh, you're reading Atlas Shrugged? I had no idea you were one of them there right-wing extremist Islamophic racist children-starving grandma-killing Medicaid-hating Teabagger!

Welcome to the party, pal!

So I can be questioned an mocked for giving my opinion that gas prices are way to high and shouldn't be above $3.00. You can just avoid giving your opinion. You do realize you don't have to be an expert to give an opinion right?

You can and should be questioned and mocked as often as the people on this board can do it. It's called the "Connor Treatment".

In my opinion gas should be $1.37. Don't ask me why, it's just like my opinion, man.

Not true. You can be mocked for just about any reason.

Oh, you're reading Atlas Shrugged? I had no idea you were one of them there right-wing extremist Islamophic racist children-starving grandma-killing Medicaid-hating Teabagger!

Welcome to the party, pal!

Yippie-Kay-Yay motherf*cker

Or as McClain says on the edited for television version: Yippie-Kay-Yay My Friend :rolleyes:

But you should have a reason for your opinion. I was really looking more for why you feel gas should be a specific amount as opposed to what that specific dollar amount is. So, why should gas not be above $3.00?

Ok my gas should be $1.50 and yours $5.75.

My reason? Stupid should hurt.

Edited by Chef Jim