"Camp Fitz"

Speedy G

We forget that right before the Ravens game last year, Fitz was 2nd in the league in passer rating, behind only Peyton Manning.

2010 Passer Rating Leaders

Player Rating

Peyton Manning (IND)	103.4
Ryan Fitzpatrick (BUF)	102.0
Vince Young (TEN)	98.8
Philip Rivers (SD)	97.8
Tom Brady (NE)	96.0
Tony Romo (DAL)	94.9
Matt Schaub (HOU)	93.0
Kyle Orton (DEN)	92.1
Matt Cassel (KC)	91.5
Drew Brees (NO)	91.4

And Vince Young was third. Just sayin. I love Fitz though. In fact, I have developed quite the man crush on him, and have grown a beard out in honor of him. :blush: My wife doesn't find this creepy at all...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man I would LOVE to see that!

Also think it's cool Bad Bad Levi was there. maybe some Fitzmagic rubs off on him, to be a solid #2.

Wouldn't we all! I'm very excited to see what Fitzpatrick does this year. I really do think he could be a late blooming franchise QB. I give him about a 50-50 chance of having an above 30 TD pass season.

We need to draft a QB who will benefit from a couple of years on the bench behind Fitz (ala Aaron rodgers, but only two, not three years on the bench) Ricky Stanzi is not the big name discussed on this board (Iowa) But, I saw him throw 4 ints, and then 5 td's in the same game for Iowa to win, and I thought he was very "Kelly like" in the way he handles himself. QB is all about the head.....Stanzi has it, never stops chucking no matter what and believes. Losman didn't have the head, just the arm. Stanzi can be a lower round pickukp and fix that attrocious defense first.

I like Stanzi as a later round pick as well but when two of the Bills scouts Majeski & Forsyth addressed the media at OBD (see link on Bills main site), they were asked about Stanzi and said the two of them hadn't gone to Iowa this year and that Brian Fisher had and to ask him about Stanzi. I couldn't find anything on this, so the Bills may not be looking too hard at him if they have an earlier QB pick in mind. If not, then I wouldn't mind seeing us take him in the 5th or 6th round if our biggest needs have already been addressed.

I think they are leaning towards Mallett, Ponder or Kaepernick (these two scouts talked positively about Nevada players Kaep, OLB Dontay Moch, and TE Virgil Green) in the 2nd if available but we'll see. They even said CK could possibly have the potential to go 1st rd when asked.

Actually, Drafttek's current mock has us taking Stanzi in the 3rd although that's pretty early to me. Maybe our 2nd pick in the 4th rd if we really want him bad enough?

Just some info to consider.

It is REALLY hard to root against Ryan Fitzpatrick.....I just respect the guy totally.....

- He almost gets cut from the team last year for (gulp) Trent Edwards

- There is a reason why his teamates love him....he never throws teamates under the bus.....he leads by example.....he is a gutsy guy....

- One of the reasons why you love him and hate him at the same time is he throws that ball into coverage to the make the play....the same reason why you hate him.

Last year he showed he could actually be really productive.....a LOT of dropped balls by receivers and injuries to the offense....but Fitz was the glue that held everything together. If we had a decent defense we would NOT be picking at 3 that is for SURE

Nix or Gailey said that the 3 best WR's in the 2010 draft at blocking were Demaryius Thomas, Marcus Easley, and Donald Jones. And as an aside, since the Bills had a need at WR and Thomas went GT, I still maintain that he was the guy they were trying to trade back into the 1st round to get.

Miami never made Brees an offer. They didn't like his shoulder.

Funny, drew and saban tell two different stories. I tend to trust drew at this point. Though its neither here nor there in this discussion.

It is REALLY hard to root against Ryan Fitzpatrick.....I just respect the guy totally.....

- He almost gets cut from the team last year for (gulp) Trent Edwards

- There is a reason why his teamates love him....he never throws teamates under the bus.....he leads by example.....he is a gutsy guy....

- One of the reasons why you love him and hate him at the same time is he throws that ball into coverage to the make the play....the same reason why you hate him.

Last year he showed he could actually be really productive.....a LOT of dropped balls by receivers and injuries to the offense....but Fitz was the glue that held everything together. If we had a decent defense we would NOT be picking at 3 that is for SURE

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but Fitz reminds me of Jim Kelly a lot. Kelly used to drive me nuts with some of the boneheaded tosses he'd put out there, but he was a leader. All of these people who blather on and on about statistics and completion percentage just can't seem to look at anything else. Fitz is well respected and people are willing to do things for him that they just won't be given the opportunity to do with some rookie QB. The Bill's would be crazy to break up that by bringing in a snot nosed youngster that has no business being given such a commanding role. At least no a first rounder. I'd be happy with a rook if he is selected after the 1st round and not expected to just come right in immediately. Besides, we need defense, DEs and LBs desperately.

I still haven't heard the guys backing fitz say what they'd offer him cash wise..... Just saying, I bet it isn't franchise money.

First, there is no reason to. We can cross that bridge when we get there. Second, that decision is not important until we actually see his final contract year performance. As a business owner, would you decide a guys salary a year in advance? I wouldn't.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but Fitz reminds me of Jim Kelly a lot. Kelly used to drive me nuts with some of the boneheaded tosses he'd put out there, but he was a leader. All of these people who blather on and on about statistics and completion percentage just can't seem to look at anything else. Fitz is well respected and people are willing to do things for him that they just won't be given the opportunity to do with some rookie QB. The Bill's would be crazy to break up that by bringing in a snot nosed youngster that has no business being given such a commanding role. At least no a first rounder. I'd be happy with a rook if he is selected after the 1st round and not expected to just come right in immediately. Besides, we need defense, DEs and LBs desperately.

Roger Staubach, who like JK, is in the HOF says a QBs greatest asset is his leadership. I see leadership in spades with Fitz, that's why I like him. His physical tools are "good enough" as long as he doesn't have one the worst teams in the NFL around him.

First, there is no reason to. We can cross that bridge when we get there. Second, that decision is not important until we actually see his final contract year performance. As a business owner, would you decide a guys salary a year in advance? I wouldn't.

Sounds less than confident. Would you let Kelly hit free agency? I think it's pretty commonplace to wrap up big time players a year early. Obviously the lockout changes things some but I'm curious what the number would be for an extension today. I think that number tells you all you need to know about where he actually is in his career. It's a second-third tier starter or top end back up. Maybe he changes that in time but he is what he is now.

Sounds less than confident. Would you let Kelly hit free agency? I think it's pretty commonplace to wrap up big time players a year early. Obviously the lockout changes things some but I'm curious what the number would be for an extension today. I think that number tells you all you need to know about where he actually is in his career. It's a second-third tier starter or top end back up. Maybe he changes that in time but he is what he is now.

Read into it all you want. There just isn't anything there. At this point, I just don't give a rats ass about his salary until the appropriate time. Better?

Roger Staubach, who like JK, is in the HOF says a QBs greatest asset is his leadership. I see leadership in spades with Fitz, that's why I like him. His physical tools are "good enough" as long as he doesn't have one the worst teams in the NFL around him.

I believe that is more true than many are willing to admit. Glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

Read into it all you want. There just isn't anything there. At this point, I just don't give a rats ass about his salary until the appropriate time. Better?

I believe that is more true than many are willing to admit. Glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

So if this offseason they gave him a deal worth say... 10m a year? Would anyone be ok with it? When push comes to shove on the issue, that's likely the easiest way to answer if you believe he's a franchise qb. A proven and established starter that shouldn't be challenged as some in this thread portray. I love him on the team, but he's not that guy and he's shown nothing yet to make you confident he will be. That's the point. Forget accuracy, td-int, intangibles. What's his value to a team in dollars. If anyone puts him with the big boys, or even some mid range guys, I will be baffled.

I think we do need our Franch Reich though......

I think the Bills mgt is smart enough not to allow Fitz to hit free agency.....my question that I pose is this.....

How would Fitz fair if he had Andre Reed, Kevin Winslow, Kent Hull, Don Beebe, Bill Brooks, James Loften, Will Wolford, Howard Ballard, Ken Ritcher, Thurmal and Davis, etc etc etc

How would Fitzy look if he had guys of THAT caliber on this team?.....I think this next year will be a real testimate of how good he can be not because we have that caliber on the team now......but we are getting there.......we need certain guys to continue their progression....certain guys to pan out......certain guys to step up

We forget that right before the Ravens game last year, Fitz was 2nd in the league in passer rating, behind only Peyton Manning.

2010 Passer Rating Leaders

Player Rating

Peyton Manning (IND)	103.4
Ryan Fitzpatrick (BUF)	102.0
Vince Young (TEN)	98.8
Philip Rivers (SD)	97.8
Tom Brady (NE)	96.0
Tony Romo (DAL)	94.9
Matt Schaub (HOU)	93.0
Kyle Orton (DEN)	92.1
Matt Cassel (KC)	91.5
Drew Brees (NO)	91.4

Come on man, that was 3 games and if you watched the games he actually was not very good in any of them. His "stats" look better then he actually played. He struggled to keep drives alive most of the game against NE and Spiller's 2nd half ST TD kept the game from being a blowout. Against the Jets he was horrendous but got an extra TD and yards down 31 points in the final minute of the game. Against Jax, he started good and then vanished in the 2nd half until he got one more garbage TD in the final minute of another blow out.

If you want to play that game, then you forget that over his final 9 games after the Balt game, Fitz's QB rating was a putrid 73.48...wanna take a guess as to where that ranks over that span in the NFL? And that is over 9 games, not 3. Which do you think is a better indicator of the norm (especially considering in the 3 games you referenced he actually did not play well either, just had a decent stat line)?

9 Games following Balt game (aka how he finished the season)

174 comp, 313 att = 56% comp percentage

2023 yards

12 TD's (and 4 came in a single game against Cincy)

16 Turnovers

QB Rating: 73.48

How many games do you think a team likely wins in a 9 game stretch when the QB performs like that?.....Probably not many

What are the odds said team makes the playoffs?.....Slim

Edited by Alphadawg7

Well that's a serious limb you've gone out on there... :lol:

But regardless of whether or not I agree...I do hope you're right about Fitz...But I just don't see how a Career 58% Passer is going to turn into the next Brees, who is one of the most accurate Passers in the history of the NFL...But again I hope you're right...Sometimes miracles do happen... B-)

It took Drew Brees ~30 career starts before he became DREW BREES! He was so good early on that the Chargers drafted Manning and then traded him for Rivers.

I am curious, I know "Camp Fitzs" is about offense but Danny Batten's hometown is also Gilbert, Ariz. Any tweets that he may have attended the workouts. To me it would be kinda strange to have a bunch of friends over and not invite your bud from accross the street.

This is my reason for avoiding an early QB pick. Gailey's produced winners without franchise QB's. However, they were smart, mobile, and good leader/managers. That's Fitz. BTW, it's also some QB's in the later rounds.

I am curious, I know "Camp Fitzs" is about offense but Danny Batten's hometown is also Gilbert, Ariz. Any tweets that he may have attended the workouts. To me it would be kinda strange to have a bunch of friends over and not invite your bud from accross the street.

Haven't seen anything on Twitter about Batten being there. Haven't seen anything about Evans there either. They worked out under the lights at what looks like a high school field there. I wonder if any fans have shown up to cheer them on?