Mallett skipped visit w/ Panthers

judman

The reporter who broke the story, from chicago (cannot remember name off top of my head) was on ESPN radio this afternoon. He gave Mallett's agent about 2 hours to respond before he released what he had. Two hours in 2011 is plenty of time I would think.

Did this guy bang the daughters of the 6 bankers that control the media. Why is he the whipping boy?

Because he dared to leave Michigan in the lurch when Rich Rod came in and screwed everything up?

Just imagine if Carr got to use Mallet. He'd probably be consensus #1 overall and called a Bigger, Stronger Tom Brady.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Whatever dude...Did you even read the update? Your anti-Mallett campaign and million slow jokes are duly noted...I never said it was the Panthers Organization necessarily either...Nor did I say it was anything other than the feeling I get...But please continue to bash the Kid for no apparent reason other than he's the latest in the line of guys you incessantly mock around here...

And I'm guessing even as slow as he is he could beat you in a foot race... ;)

I've met boxes of rocks that appear smarter than Mallet.

If we pick him, I hope he succeeds. I just haven't seen too many slow, dumb, hotheads with substance abuse issues holding the Lombardi trophy that's all.

The reporter who broke the story, from chicago (cannot remember name off top of my head) was on ESPN radio this afternoon. He gave Mallett's agent about 2 hours to respond before he released what he had. Two hours in 2011 is plenty of time I would think.

And what he had wasn't much. The Panthers have issued a statement on the matter, and it matches up with that of Mallett and his agent.

Apparently after a late night on the town:

per PFT

Wow that's kind of stupid on his part especially this time of year . The way bad news spreads tis is going to be like Plaxico just a bit lower in Mallets case . Talk about shooting your self in the foot .

Who is that a picture of on your page ? It looks like a young Barrack O B juan smoking a fatty !!

But he never inhaled !!! :w00t:

I'm not getting "The biggest interview of his lift" statement. A team that isn't going to draft him wants to meet with him a week before the draft?

I do agree that the Panthers are not likely to be his new home. But "the biggest interview of his life" really includes everything he does from the last play of the season to the time he hears his name out of the commissioner's lips. These things don't exist in a vacuum, and if he really did wake up too hungover for a meeting with a pro team, he's probably undraftable.

Of course, that doesn't mean that he didn't really have food poisoning or whatever.

matt jones, ryan mallet, jason peters was in trouble quite a bit but none since coming into the nfl...whats with this arkansas program?

McFadden, Felix Jones, Hillis, Jamal Anderson. Doesn't everyone think with everyone able to take pictures and post them immediately there would be a lot more stuff out there. Mallett is the medias whipping boy this year. He is not the problem child everyone out there tries to make him. He will be successful.

McFadden, Felix Jones, Hillis, Jamal Anderson. Doesn't everyone think with everyone able to take pictures and post them immediately there would be a lot more stuff out there. Mallett is the medias whipping boy this year. He is not the problem child everyone out there tries to make him. He will be successful.

Um, Cam Newton is getting destroyed by the media & he was the far superior qb in the SEC.

Mallett has talent no doubt but I'd rather take a national champion who bought a hot laptop than a potential chubby cokehead with Bledsoe like movement.

No one negative news item about Mallett is particularly damning. I think the compounding of all these stories, combined with his evasive non-denials are what is hurting him.

He's an immature kid, for sure. Probably no more immature than most of us were at his age. But whoever pulls the trigger on Mallett better expect some drama once he gets that first huge check.

Geez. Just as I started to warm up to him a bit. I liked the gruden piece on him. You'd think that he would wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe he thought talking with Carolina is a waste of time, due too all the newton going 1st talk. I don't think Carolina has a 2nd Rd pick, so the chances of him landing there a nil. Either way, dumb move kid

This.

Wow that's kind of stupid on his part especially this time of year . The way bad news spreads tis is going to be like Plaxico just a bit lower in Mallets case . Talk about shooting your self in the foot .

Who is that a picture of on your page ? It looks like a young Barrack O B juan smoking a fatty !!

But he never inhaled !!! :w00t:

The one and only... But I think in the pic he actually has a cigarette.

I do agree that the Panthers are not likely to be his new home. But "the biggest interview of his life" really includes everything he does from the last play of the season to the time he hears his name out of the commissioner's lips. These things don't exist in a vacuum, and if he really did wake up too hungover for a meeting with a pro team, he's probably undraftable.

Of course, that doesn't mean that he didn't really have food poisoning or whatever.

Thanks, that makes sense to me now. I wasn't thinking about it in terms of the entirety being "the interview".

I can't see any team taking a risk on him in the first round. Solely based on his skill set he is questionable, but add a horrible attitude and lack of dedication and a team would be crazy to draft him on Thursday night.