Sabres/Flyers game 4

Buftex

So, the GR55 website says that Game 4 of the Sabres/Flyers series will be on Versus, but NHL.com does not show that Versus is carrying the game...of course, Versus web-site merely lists "NHL Hockey" for the time-slot tomorrow night...I am inclined to trust NHL.Com more than GR, but I don't know...anyone have anything definitive? NHL.com says that Versus will be showing the NY Rangers/Washington Capitals game.

btw- if you don't like the way that Versus handles the NHL, get used to it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6389351

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nhl/scoreboard.asp?day=20110420

^Says Rangers are on at 7 on Versus/TSN and Sabres are on at 7:30 on Versus/TSN2. Who knows.

I am guessing that means they will show the Sabres game between periods of the Rangers game, but it won't be their primary game...and then the end of the Sabres game, as it starts 30 minutes later. Pretty lame...

Edited by Buftex

WGR's website has the Sabres playing on VS wednesday.

Yes, but I think they are wrong, or, the Sabres game is going to be "JIP" (joind in progress)...NHL.Com is listing the Rangers & Capitals as the primary game on Versus...

To further the confusion, the Buffalo Sabres official website lists the game on Versus on the "click here to enter" page, but once you go in, it doesn't list Versus as a carrier for the game:

http://sabres.nhl.com/index.html

btw: NY Rangers site lists Versus for their game!

Edited by Buftex

btw- if you don't like the way that Versus handles the NHL, get used to it:

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6389351

Interesting contract. 10 yrs./$2B. Versus goes buh-by in 90 days and they add 40 more games a year. Gotta say, I was hopin' ESPN would get back into it, but with the new series of NBC Channels, there may well be more games yet.

Article didn't say what the new channel will be called, but implied NBC-esque

As for Game 4, Sabs/Flyers were originally scheduled for Vs. I guess they can flex games like the NFL does,

Interesting contract. 10 yrs./$2B. Versus goes buh-by in 90 days and they add 40 more games a year. Gotta say, I was hopin' ESPN would get back into it, but with the new series of NBC Channels, there may well be more games yet.

Article didn't say what the new channel will be called, but implied NBC-esque

As for Game 4, Sabs/Flyers were originally scheduled for Vs. I guess they can flex games like the NFL does,

I HATE Comcast. Comcast owns Versus. Ergo, I hate Versus :P

Where's the 'bench Miller' crowd tonight? :lol:

Everytime I give up on Miller, he comes up with a fantastic game. That may be the best game I have ever seen him play, in a Sabres uniform.

Miller in his postgame pc:

"I don't even listen to what a bunch of people who don't know anything about playing goaltender....I don't give an "expletive" what they say."

Touche Ryan Miller...best goaltender on the planet, tonight...lets hope the same guy shows up on Friday! :beer:

Definitely have to get their **** together on the defensive end...loved the way Meyers started tossing people around...if that kid develops a mean streak, the sky is the limit for him...

Edited by Buftex

I went to the game last night and in the first period, it appeared that Miller made the save of the year. Open net, his back to the puck, sweeps over and somehow gets a piece of the stick on it. At least that is what I think happened. The crowd went crazy and seemed to think so, too.

The problem is that they never once showed a replay on the board, even for save of the night.

So, what actually happened there? Was the puck going over the net anyway? One of my friends thought it was Myers who hit it, not Miller?

I went to the game last night and in the first period, it appeared that Miller made the save of the year. Open net, his back to the puck, sweeps over and somehow gets a piece of the stick on it. At least that is what I think happened. The crowd went crazy and seemed to think so, too.

The problem is that they never once showed a replay on the board, even for save of the night.

So, what actually happened there? Was the puck going over the net anyway? One of my friends thought it was Myers who hit it, not Miller?

They only showed one replay on TV. It definitely hit Meyers but Miller might have gotten a piece of it too. The announcers couldn't tell if Miller got it a bit too and they never came back to it.

They only showed one replay on TV. It definitely hit Meyers but Miller might have gotten a piece of it too. The announcers couldn't tell if Miller got it a bit too and they never came back to it.

That is so weird that it got nothing in the arena and just one replay on TV. It was one of those "Did that just happen?!?" looking saves.

It was entirely Myers. I'm still not sure if JVR didn't put that shot entirely too high on his own and it was going to miss the net anyway.