I found some tape of Quinn, Austin

Thoner7

Now that's a copout! I understand why you balked though, since no such video exists showing Miller as having the physicalness which would translate to him being worthy of a #3 overall NFL OLB pick.

Quinn had neither a good nor a bad FSU game. You even admitted that they game planned it that way. FSU did screen them to death. Quinn's good but sorry he's not 10 feet tall so as to swat away those screen passes. BTW, that kind of game plan would never work in the NFL. We ARE talking about what they'll do in the NFL after all, not in college where you have these wacky catch and chuck college QB friendly systems. If the Bills are in 3rd and long, I want a monster like Quinn in there, not a glorified strong safety who simply does not posses enough size or power to disengage blockers on a regular enough basis.

C'mon man, show me the video!

Its there but frankly I hope New Era doesnt take the time to provide and debate it with you.....your one sided obviously uneducated view would probably take a play where Von Miller got pushed past the QB by a OT where the QB brought the ball down and was sacked or ran for no gain......

THE REST OF THE WORLD - Did you see the pressure that Von Miller got right there and disrupted the play.....kids a beast!

1billsfan - Did you see Von Miller miss that tackle? Did you see how that OT dominated him?

Forget the fact that Von Miller beat the OT and the only thing he could do was shove Von in the back in hopes of keeping him away from his QB.......Von didn't directly deliver the bone jarring hit on that sequence so he lost that matchup

Sometimes debating with people here is fun....sometimes its worthless

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its there but frankly I hope New Era doesnt take the time to provide and debate it with you.....your one sided obviously uneducated view would probably take a play where Von Miller got pushed past the QB by a OT where the QB brought the ball down and was sacked or ran for no gain......

THE REST OF THE WORLD - Did you see the pressure that Von Miller got right there and disrupted the play.....kids a beast!

1billsfan - Did you see Von Miller miss that tackle? Did you see how that OT dominated him?

Forget the fact that Von Miller beat the OT and the only thing he could do was shove Von in the back in hopes of keeping him away from his QB.......Von didn't directly deliver the bone jarring hit on that sequence so he lost that matchup

You couldn't be more correct. It's a complete waste of time debating with this guy. I'll refrain.

He had 1 tackle that game, similar stat output in all his games against actual competition.

Stats don't tell the entire story. But I guess you missed my thread on that. It's stat junkies like you that can't see the whole picture and know NOTHING about what they're talking about. There's a reason why he's being double and triple teamed and held. Cuz he's just that good. Sure I can read all the player's stats and base my comments off their numbers but what would that prove?

Nothing

Edited by DreReed83

Stats don't tell the entire story. But I guess you missed my thread on that. It's stat junkies like you that can't see the whole picture and know NOTHING about what they're talking about. There's a reason why he's being double and triple teamed and held. Cuz he's just that good. Sure I can read all the player's stats and base my comments off their numbers but what would that prove?

Nothing

Well, they prove quite a lot. But a person of high intellect like yourself would seemingly know that they're an essential piece of the puzzle in determining a player's worth. Not the whole pie, but a substantial piece.

Also, don't you think he's have even better stats given the amount of quality defensive(rounds 1-3) talent on that team (also why I don't buy the "he's getting triple-teamed" argument). Real big red flag for me there. He's the 2011 Vernon Gholston to me. Except Gholston actually beat Jake Long for a sack...

Well, they prove quite a lot. But a person of high intellect like yourself would seemingly know that they're an essential piece of the puzzle in determining a player's worth. Not the whole pie, but a substantial piece.

Also, don't you think he's have even better stats given the amount of quality defensive(rounds 1-3) talent on that team (also why I don't buy the "he's getting triple-teamed" argument). Real big red flag for me there. He's the 2011 Vernon Gholston to me. Except Gholston actually beat Jake Long for a sack...

Are you suggesting that the LT from Virginia isn't as good as Jake Long? C'mon, man.

GO BILLS!!!

Are you suggesting that the LT from Virginia isn't as good as Jake Long? C'mon, man.

GO BILLS!!!

Who do you mean? My sarcasm detector is weak at best so I can't decipher. Eugene Monroe was already drafted if that's who you mean, but Long is 10x the player he'll ever be anyway.

Nothing

We all read your thread. That doesn't mean it's correct. I agree that stats aren't everything, but when you look at the leagues all time greats, they have stats to back it up. Bruce was double and triple teamed his entire career, did that stop him from getting 200? Same with Reggie, Greene, doleman, jones, etc... They were all game planned against, double and triple teamed and still got their sacks. When your specialty is getting to the QB, you have to actually get to the QB. I may be wrong, but i believe Quinn had 0 sacks and 0-3 tackles in 6 or 7 of his 13 games in his only good season. Now if he had that season, coupled with other good seasons, one could say that his stats don't matter. But that was his ONLY productive season. I understand, you watch the guy play, and you're impressed with his abilities, as am I, but the guy is FAR from being a can't miss prospect. There is MUCH risk involved with drafting him. Much more so than the midget you hate so much, IMO. 1 good year in which he had 3-4 good games. That's not a guy that should be taken #3 overall. If we drafted him, I'd smile and hope for the best, for I think he has the tools to be effective. But he'd probably go down as the riskiest pick ever at #3.

Who do you mean? My sarcasm detector is weak at best so I can't decipher. Eugene Monroe was already drafted if that's who you mean, but Long is 10x the player he'll ever be anyway.

Total sarcasm. The LT from Virginia in the Quinn highlight video is a total scrubini. But some around here want to make Quinn's play against him a testament to Quinn's talent. To be fair, Quinn handed the Virginia tackle his lunch in that game in 2009 and did just what you'd expect a superior player to do. My point was that it wasn't as though Quinn was going against Jake Long in that game.

GO BILLS!!!

Total sarcasm. The LT from Virginia in the Quinn highlight video is a total scrubini. But some around here want to make Quinn's play against him a testament to Quinn's talent. To be fair, Quinn handed the Virginia tackle his lunch in that game in 2009 and did just what you'd expect a superior player to do. My point was that it wasn't as though Quinn was going against Jake Long in that game.

GO BILLS!!!

That's what I was thinking but I'm bad at detecting it. Go Bills!

"I'm not going to post a Miller video because I'm afraid 1billsfan will fun of him."

Guys, nothing I or anyone of you say, will have any bearing on who the Bills will pick. If the last 10 years don't remind you of that fact then nothing will. This is all supposed to be for fun. I'm sorry if I've been too harsh. If the Bills pick Miller I will cheer him on and hope that he's the next Clay Matthews, maybe even better. I do think there's a chance of that happening. But for that to happen he will have to be physical at the next level. That's where my hang up is with him, but geez don't take this so seriously. Let's enjoy these two weeks, we deserve it right?… :)

Edited by 1billsfan

No to Quinn. No to Miller.

YES to Big DL or QB. Simple as that.

If nothing else Dank, you're consistent about not wanting a LB. Assuming Dareus and Newton are gone, who would you like to see? Gabbert? Fairley?

For me, if it's going to be a DL at No. 3, and it's not Dareus, I'd go with J.J. Watt...you?

"I'm not going to post a Miller video because I'm afraid 1billsfan will fun of him."

Guys, nothing I or anyone of you say, will have any bearing on who the Bills will pick. If the last 10 years don't remind you of that fact then nothing will. This is all supposed to be for fun. I'm sorry if I've been too harsh. If the Bills pick Miller I will cheer him on and hope that he's the next Clay Matthews, maybe even better. I do think there's a chance of that happening. But for that to happen he will have to be physical at the next level. That's where my hang up is with him, but geez don't take this so seriously. Let's enjoy these two weeks, we deserve it right?… :)

I, for one, do not think you've been too harsh. You have your opinion and you're willing to stand by it; perhaps you've been a bit close-minded, but we're all guilty of that from time to time.

Hey, we're all Bills' fans here, and the sometimes-heated debates tend to sprout from the fact that we all just want the team to make the right moves and get better.

No harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned.

If nothing else Dank, you're consistent about not wanting a LB. Assuming Dareus and Newton are gone, who would you like to see? Gabbert? Fairley?

For me, if it's going to be a DL at No. 3, and it's not Dareus, I'd go with J.J. Watt...you?

I, for one, do not think you've been too harsh. You have your opinion and you're willing to stand by it; perhaps you've been a bit close-minded, but we're all guilty of that from time to time.

Hey, we're all Bills' fans here, and the sometimes-heated debates tend to sprout from the fact that we all just want the team to make the right moves and get better.

No harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks man. This is a passionate pick for us fans. I get that. I hope that my style of debating doesn't come across as meanness towards my fellow Bills fans. I'm going to relax on the LOLs for a while, I think that's been annoying some. For me it's like an "are you kidding me?" in an argument.

Whoever they pick, some fans will be happy, some will be upset, and all fans will hope they made the right choice.

Of course the Quinn highlight videos are going to show him making good plays. The point is, it only shows his great plays. Everyone looks good on their highlight reels. Those are the select good plays he made. What does he do on the plays that he doesn't get a sack or a tackles. Does he take himself out of the play?

I like your style Era. Here is a Von Miller "highlight" clip. I think it shows the exact concerns that you have. Taking himself out of the play. Lack of effectiveness against the run. We need to see the warts too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoQII6vrPHE

You mean like floating a Ponder highlight video out there in a thread called "found some tape of Quinn"? LAME!!!!

So Gabbert or Fairley? I'll put my money on Gabbert.

Im not a fan of Gabbert at all, but if it came down to Gabbert, Miller, or Quinn I'd be happiest with Gabbert. But this choice is like choosing my "hottest cousin" :sick:

And if it came down to Fairley, Miller, or Quinn, I'd want Fairley, no question.

If Dareus is gone by #3, Id go Cam Jordan. With Fairley being a close 2nd choice.

Edited by DrDankenstein