I found some tape of Quinn, Austin

Thoner7

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed. and that website is using footage from when colt mccoy was in college as an assessment of von miller last year.

Von's game hasnt changed that much in one year. I believe he lead the nation in sacks that year, so it's not like we're using "lesser" footage of him. He's had 4 productive years, and looked about the same through all of them. He plays no differently in that tape than he did in any game from 2010.

Plus, there simply isnt that much footage online of any of these players, so you take what you can get.

I like your style Era. Here is a Von Miller "highlight" clip. I think it shows the exact concerns that you have. Taking himself out of the play. Lack of effectiveness against the run. We need to see the warts too.

youtube.com/watch?v=qoQII6vrPHE

You mean like floating a Ponder highlight video out there in a thread called "found some tape of Quinn"? LAME!!!!

\

I actually dont have a problem showing the warts on the players.....shoot...I welcome it. We are using a THIRD OVERALL PICK....this pick needs to be a stud.

I dont have a problem overanalyzing the crap out of them......but lets be realistic in what we are seeing when we are talking about them that is the thing that drives me nuts....lets not see someone have a bad game and start making excuses for it.....

The video you posted shows Von Miller doing both good and bad things.....the Quinn video is very slanted towards showing off Ponder (by the way......when the QB is getting the ball off quick there is not much a pass rusher is going to be able to do

I like both players....its just that one of them I like at 3 and the other i like in a trade down

Thanks man. This is a passionate pick for us fans. I get that. I hope that my style of debating doesn't come across as meanness towards my fellow Bills fans. I'm going to relax on the LOLs for a while, I think that's been annoying some. For me it's like an "are you kidding me?" in an argument.

Whoever they pick, some fans will be happy, some will be upset, and all fans will hope they made the right choice.

I wouldn't call it "meanness", I just think that you've come across as close minded and stubborn in order to prove your point. Everyone guilty of it from time to time, you've been guilty of it more often than not. The LOLs come across as childish. All in all, I think that you're a passionate fan, but in regards to the message boards and the debating that goes on around here, you should have a more open mind, as opposed to sticking to your guns 24-7 to prove your point.

In the end, you're right, we're all bills fans and we all know how important this pick and draft will be to the future of the bills. If we hit on all of our picks this year (yes, I'm dreaming), I think we are 1 good offseason away from being where we all want to be, in playoff contention, maybe even super bowl.

I wouldn't call it "meanness", I just think that you've come across as close minded and stubborn in order to prove your point. Everyone guilty of it from time to time, you've been guilty of it more often than not. The LOLs come across as childish. All in all, I think that you're a passionate fan, but in regards to the message boards and the debating that goes on around here, you should have a more open mind, as opposed to sticking to your guns 24-7 to prove your point.

In the end, you're right, we're all bills fans and we all know how important this pick and draft will be to the future of the bills. If we hit on all of our picks this year (yes, I'm dreaming), I think we are 1 good offseason away from being where we all want to be, in playoff contention, maybe even super bowl.

I was trying to be the squeaky wheel in the face of about about 40-50% of the board being hugely supportive of the Bills picking Miller. Not only that, all the experts love him too. So I had to add a little bit of bluster to get some attention. I feel that I've done about as much as I can do promoting Quinn's abilities. I guess I've got it out of my system now.

If the Bills do take Miller then I'll be hoping that not only is he as good as, but that he's an even better player than Matthews. Even I think that there's a chance (won't get into how much) that this could be the case.

Hey man, you and I both agree that the proposed trade with the Redskins (getting next year's #1) would be a no brainer.

yeah. over a year ago.

So whats your point? We shouldnt take into account anything from his previous 3 years of playing?

Doesnt that directly fly in the face of not selecting "one year wonders"?

I dont get what you are going for here....

So whats your point? We shouldnt take into account anything from his previous 3 years of playing?

Doesnt that directly fly in the face of not selecting "one year wonders"?

I dont get what you are going for here....

maybe i should have directly stated it rather than implying, but i'd have preferred to have, oh, i don't know, ANY footage from this past year rather than everything based off of the prior 3? I mean, is it just me, or is it downright retarded to have someone's draft analysis for the upcoming year contain NOTHING of the full prior year included in it? or am I just being ridiculous?

maybe i should have directly stated it rather than implying, but i'd have preferred to have, oh, i don't know, ANY footage from this past year rather than everything based off of the prior 3? I mean, is it just me, or is it downright retarded to have someone's draft analysis for the upcoming year contain NOTHING of the full prior year included in it? or am I just being ridiculous?

I guess we're all assuming that we've all already seen all the tapes as they have been posted over and over, and in the Von Miller Pinned thread.

If you want a tape from this past season, here is one. Let me know how you think Miller looks against the run...

(New Era just punched the screen :devil: But he DID ask for film from this year... :nana: )

I guess we're all assuming that we've all already seen all the tapes as they have been posted over and over, and in the Von Miller Pinned thread.

If you want a tape from this past season, here is one. Let me know how you think Miller looks against the run...

youtube.com/watch?v=SkDdpgRn7Pk

(New Era just punched the screen :devil: But he DID ask for film from this year... :nana: )

Lol. Close, I threw my phone through my tv.

You are being ridiculous. If you include the off years of one year wonders or include the year, or the lack there of, for someone that was suspended why is it out of bounds for a 4 year player?

youtube.com/watch?v=SkDdpgRn7Pk

I really like Miller just not as much as Quinn. That being said that video doesn't give me a good feeling at all that Miller will help solve our #1 problem which is being last in the league defending the run. It's always a little unfair looking at low lights in a vacuum but hey, at least it was a video where Miller was the focus AND from THIS year.

Nice find Dank.

Edited by PDaDdy

You are being ridiculous. If you include the off years of one year wonders or include the year, or the lack there of, for someone that was suspended why is it out of bounds for a 4 year player?

honestly, i have no clue as to what you're trying to say.

me="I think it's dumb to have a draft analysis for the 2011 NFL draft of a 4-year player only have footage from 2009"

you=???

honestly, i have no clue as to what you're trying to say.

me="I think it's dumb to have a draft analysis for the 2011 NFL draft of a 4-year player only have footage from 2009"

you=???

I'm saying you look at a player's entire body of work which includes 2009 as well as 2010 as Dank posted in #70. Why value 4 year non one year wonder players and not look at anything beyond their last year?

you=???

Edited by PDaDdy

I'm saying you look at a player's entire body of work which includes 2009 as well as 2010 as Dank posted in #70. Why value 4 year non one year wonder players and not look at anything beyond their last year?

you=???

and I've never disagreed with your statement above. so just what exactly are we arguing about?

and I've never disagreed with your statement above. so just what exactly are we arguing about?

If you don't have a problem with Miller's 2009 highlight as well as lowlight videos ....nothing. You seemed to have a problem with a video I posted from 2009 against Texas and Colt McCoy.

If you don't have a problem with Miller's 2009 highlight as well as lowlight videos ....nothing. You seemed to have a problem with a video I posted from 2009 against Texas and Colt McCoy.

heh. sorry. no, i don't have a problem with that highlight/lowlight video. I just thought it was ridiculous they based their whole review of his pro prospects for this upcoming draft on footage that was over a year old when they had the footage from last year to go over/add to their prospect video.

Edited by bizell

heh. sorry. no, i don't have a problem with that highlight/lowlight video. I just thought it was ridiculous they based their whole review of his pro prospects on footage that was over a year old when they had the footage from last year to go over/add to their prospect video.

Ah. I guess the analyst thought that that game was indicative of his question marks not the totality of his college career. I wasn't making the leap that they were basing their entire draft assessment off of clips from one game in 2009.

you=???

For what it's worth, I have no interest in looking at ANY players from over 2 years ago. If he's a senior, i feel looking at his tape as a junior and senior I relevant. Tape from his freshman and sophomore year are irrelevant in my book. I don't care how good or bad someone was 3 years ago. I want to know how good or bad they are more recently, especially in college football. The coaching and weight training at a college level is a different world compared to HS. Those two things can make such a big difference over two years