Wow uhm Tebow didnt have a bad season, what gives

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the documentary? He grew up on a huge farm and trains by pushing trucks down the road and swinging sledge hammers against trees…..

Not sure if its an uppity community, but I’d call being a rancher and sledge hammering trees pretty blue collar.

My grandfather owned a Dairy in Tulare CA.....and it put food on the table to my mom and 3 other kids...but I never got the impression they were wealthy.

BUT

I know a lot of ranchers who ARE wealthy....just as wealthy as some other business owners who dont have to worry about money so I am not sure which one Tim comes from.

Tebow broke his ribs on his first run in preseason last year, which was an omen for me. His style of play may work in the college peewee league, but it won't work in the NFL. Guys are too big strong and fast.

He's not a pure passer. His first instinct is to tuck and run. Great quarterbacks go through their progressions and make tight throws. I've never seen any indication Tebow can do any of those things.

I hope that we are talking about Tim as our second string initiate. Following Fitz.

Chan is good with the qbs i have read. Last season might be decent indicator. These young quarterbacks need to be in the right environment to succeed.

Expectations are too high imho, so many fail due to a lack of results early. I would be delighted to have Mr. Tebow join us for a reasonable deal.

Go ahead and push him away to us Elway, maybe we can make him a franchise qb in a couple years. i was not a draft the Tebow fan but heck if we could steal him now, i think he would be happy for the opportunity to prove Denver was wrong to trade him off. Revenge can be a big motivator. No hater me, just dont reach for him please come trade deal.

Tebow is hated by many because he loves the Lord & is not shy about expressing his faith.

I don't think too many people hate Tebow. Most of the critics (like me) just have doubts on whether he can transition to the pro game. I have the same doubts about Cam Newton and other college QBs who run shotgun spread offenses, option offenses, etc. All schemes that don't seem to work in the pro game.

That being said, I have and do give Tim credit for the performances he put on in limited action last year. He was better than I expected. But to suggest the Bills ransom high draft picks for him based on 3 whole starts- um, no.

Seems the "hate Tebow because of his faith" excuse is a little played. You Christians are the majority - you can lay down the persecution complex.

Edited by Zulu Cthulhu

I don't think too many people hate Tebow. Most of the critics (like me) just have doubts on whether he can transition to the pro game. I have the same doubts about Cam Newton and other college QBs who run shotgun spread offenses, option offenses, etc. All schemes that don't seem to work in the pro game.

That being said, I have and do give Tim credit for the performances he put on in limited action last year. He was better than I expected. But to suggest the Bills ransom high draft picks for him based on 3 whole starts- um, no.

Seems the "hate Tebow because of his faith" excuse is a little played. You Christians are the majority - you can lay down the persecution complex.

I am not "playing" anything...just stating something that is biblical. And we are not the majority...& I have no complex of any sort...but thanks for responding to me anyway.

I am not "playing" anything...just stating something that is biblical. And we are not the majority...& I have no complex of any sort...but thanks for responding to me anyway.

You're welcome. And in this country, yes Christians are the majority according to any religious identification surveys you would like to look up yourself.

What do you mean by "stating something biblical"?

Thanks for your response. Even though you completely ignored the parts where I explained that there are other reasons why some are wary of Tebow besides your "Hate Tebow=Hate Jesus" theory.

As a gator fan I would like Tebow for a second. Build a strong D ,running game you play Bills football and have a tremendous tough leader at QB after one more year of development. Newton would be great as well if he has the meant and leadership pieces. He is very cool under pressure. He costs us our third.

Now im not making a trade for Tebow thread, but why all the hate when hes mentioned ever?

He started 3 games, was 5-3 with 651 yds, Completed over half his passes in all but one game, had a 300 yd game in his second game ever, and had 11 overall TDs and only 4 turnovers. His best game was vs Houston which is a very good team and defense. So why the hate? Is 3 games, 650 yds, 7 overall TDs, and 2 Turnovers bad????

I would assume some of the hate comes from folks being sick of the people who regularly make absurd statements just to prop him up.

You know, statements like Houston has a very good defense.....

Now im not making a trade for Tebow thread, but why all the hate when hes mentioned ever?

He started 3 games, was 5-3 with 651 yds, Completed over half his passes in all but one game, had a 300 yd game in his second game ever, and had 11 overall TDs and only 4 turnovers. His best game was vs Houston which is a very good team and defense. So why the hate? Is 3 games, 650 yds, 7 overall TDs, and 2 Turnovers bad????

Apparently in Elways book it is ! I don't get it either i think the kid is a winner but seeing how long Mcdaniel lasted i don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell of making it as the starting QB in Denver with Elways at the helm !!

I lived in Denver and Boulder for a few years in the early 90s. I disagree that Denver is a citadel of conservatism. When did Denver last elect a Republican congressman? Back when McKevitt was around in the early 70s. In the last election, DeGette won in a near 70/30 blowout. The City is decidedly liberal.

However, Colorado on a whole leans conservatively. Lots of big churches out there, FotF is based in CO and Bill McCartney (Promise Keepers) had a great run as Buffs coach, especially in the late 80s through 91.

Stanford was a liberal school when John Elway attended, but hey, don't let that fact nor that he lived in SoCal get in your way.

You're welcome. And in this country, yes Christians are the majority according to any religious identification surveys you would like to look up yourself.

What do you mean by "stating something biblical"?

Thanks for your response. Even though you completely ignored the parts where I explained that there are other reasons why some are wary of Tebow besides your "Hate Tebow=Hate Jesus" theory.

There's those that profess to be Christians, then there's those who live the life.

To answer your question, simply google something like "hated for Jesus" or something along those lines & you'll be able to locate many scriptures.

But back to Tebow, I did not ignore the other part of your post. It was great & quite valid. I watched Tebow at the end of the season & I remember questioning if he really "got it" concerning shortening his throwing motion...because it seemed to me he was back to winding up. I wondered if something could be coached out of somebody that was so natural to them. Frankly, I have my doubts. That extra half a second he takes will be costly. With that said, I believe he'll be a great QB in the NFL & be a winner. Maybe not an elite QB, but I believe he's Denver's guy. But I do see the concerns about his wind up. He's no Marino, that's for sure. But success comes in many packages. I can't help thinking about Bernie Kosar's crazy release as an example.

People get all geeked out over his strong faith, like he will infect them or something. BTW I would totally trade for him.

Apparently John Elway's one of the haters. There are strong rumors of the Broncos wanting to draft Ponder. Just google "Broncos" and "Ponder" to see them.

Some say a trade back, some say a trade up to the 20s of the first round. Either way, Ponder's apparently going to end up being a first rounder.

Ponder :lol: :lol: :lol: but I'd be all for that scenario as we could trade for him.

I lived in Denver and Boulder for a few years in the early 90s. I disagree that Denver is a citadel of conservatism. When did Denver last elect a Republican congressman? Back when McKevitt was around in the early 70s. In the last election, DeGette won in a near 70/30 blowout. The City is decidedly liberal.

However, Colorado on a whole leans conservatively. Lots of big churches out there, FotF is based in CO and Bill McCartney (Promise Keepers) had a great run as Buffs coach, especially in the late 80s through 91.

Stanford was a liberal school when John Elway attended, but hey, don't let that fact nor that he lived in SoCal get in your way.

Let me get this straight. So if you live in SoCal (which Elway only did for two of his first 18 years) you are automatically a liberal? Doesn't that mean you yourself are a liberal elitist since you lived in Denver?

Are you some sort of self loathing lib?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

You call the 30th ranked overall defense and 32nd ranked pass defense good?

Talk about not knowing what you're talking about. :doh:

we gambled and we lost....I believe we thought we could steal tebow later in the rounds...and no one expect Denver to make that move...Lesson learned if you really want a player it doesnt matter where you draft them if you believe in their talent

How do you explain RW stating that the Bills were not interested in Tebow?

Tebow is hated by many because he loves the Lord & is not shy about expressing his faith.

You have a point, of course. There are plenty of people who dislike Tebow for that reason alone. Plenty. But there are also plenty of people who just think the guy isn't ever going to be a top tier NFL QB. He's a gifted athlete, there's no question about that. He's also a passionate guy about his faith and that will always draw the ire of a section of the population.

But it's not ALL about that.

You have a point, of course. There are plenty of people who dislike Tebow for that reason alone. Plenty. But there are also plenty of people who just think the guy isn't ever going to be a top tier NFL QB. He's a gifted athlete, there's no question about that. He's also a passionate guy about his faith and that will always draw the ire of a section of the population.

But it's not ALL about that.

I agree 100%...that's why I originally said "by many", & not by everybody. If he gets rid of that wind-up, I think he can be a winner..as I stated in a previous post. Lots of people are questioning him because of that, especially former players.