How Nolan Nawrocki views

Estro

After doing some extensive reading of PFW's comprehensive 2011 Draft Preview........here's how Nawrocki rates this years prospects:

1- Von Miller (8.5)

2- Patrick Peterson (8.0)

3- A.J. Green (7.9)

4- Marcell Dareus (7.75)

5- Julio Jones (6.7)

6- DaQuan Bowers (6.6)

7- Prince Amukamara (6.5)

8- Robert Quinn (6.45)

9- Blaine Gabbert (6.4)

10- JJ Watt (6.4)

11- Brandon Harris (6.25)

12- Aldon Smith (6.25)

13- Anthony Castonzo (6.20)

14- Mark Ingram (6.15)

15- Cameron Jordan (6.15)

16- Nick Fairley (6.15)

17- Gabe Carimi (6.15)

the points refer to how good of a prospect they are. So basically, there are 4 stud prospects, at least in Nawrocki's eyes, in this draft. So if the Bills stand pat at #3, they have a shot at one of them. i have to say, I wasn't a big fan of Von Miller, and I still have my doubts about his size and run support, but it's tough to ignore Nawrocki's rating on the guy. He has him as the best players in the draft and it's not even close (for the record Nawrocki was not a huge fan of aaron Maybin coming out). I know Mike Mayock, is super high on Von Miller as well. Thast's two pretty good endorsements.

What do you guys think of his ratings? Personally I wasn't too surprised to see Brandon Harris as high as he is (I think he's the best cover corner in the draft, his height hurts him). Fairley at 16 is a little lower than you'd expect, but Nawrocki clearly has questions about his character and drive, so it's understandable.

Flame away.

After doing some extensive reading of PFW's comprehensive 2011 Draft Preview........here's how Nawrocki rates this years prospects:

1- Von Miller (8.5)

2- Patrick Peterson (8.0)

3- A.J. Green (7.9)

4- Marcell Dareus (7.75)

5- Julio Jones (6.7)

6- DaQuan Bowers (6.6)

7- Prince Amukamara (6.5)

8- Robert Quinn (6.45)

9- Blaine Gabbert (6.4)

10- JJ Watt (6.4)

11- Brandon Harris (6.25)

12- Aldon Smith (6.25)

13- Anthony Castonzo (6.20)

14- Mark Ingram (6.15)

15- Cameron Jordan (6.15)

16- Nick Fairley (6.15)

17- Gabe Carimi (6.15)

the points refer to how good of a prospect they are. So basically, there are 4 stud prospects, at least in Nawrocki's eyes, in this draft. So if the Bills stand pat at #3, they have a shot at one of them. i have to say, I wasn't a big fan of Von Miller, and I still have my doubts about his size and run support, but it's tough to ignore Nawrocki's rating on the guy. He has him as the best players in the draft and it's not even close (for the record Nawrocki was not a huge fan of aaron Maybin coming out). I know Mike Mayock, is super high on Von Miller as well. Thast's two pretty good endorsements.

What do you guys think of his ratings? Personally I wasn't too surprised to see Brandon Harris as high as he is (I think he's the best cover corner in the draft, his height hurts him). Fairley at 16 is a little lower than you'd expect, but Nawrocki clearly has questions about his character and drive, so it's understandable.

Flame away.

Nawrockii has problems with a lot of guys "character" every year--he's always whining and making silly predictions based on this nonsense. No way Failry goes at 16, nor Miller at #1.

Nawrockii has problems with a lot of guys "character" every year--he's always whining and making silly predictions based on this nonsense. No way Failry goes at 16, nor Miller at #1.

Do you think character doesn't impact how good of a pro a player becomes? Look at a couple of former

Bills:

1. Marshawn Lynch had character red-flags coming out of college. He had enough off-field problems

in the NFL that the Bills ditched him and he is OK, nothing special in the NFL.

2, Unfortunately, I can't even remember his name, but he was the RB before they drafted McGahee. He had

talent, but lots of off-field problems including shagging an underaged girl and he was kind of drummed out

of the league. He now pays child support for something like 9 children to different women (not exaggerating).

There are a boat-load of players who don't have the work-ethic to succeed in the NFL and they for the most

part flame out in spite of their talent. Now, as Marv Levy used to say, it's the work-ethic and internal drive that

you have to be concerned about. If a player has other stupid off-field stuff, you can hope that it doesn't get

him suspended. BUT, the guys who haven't demonstrated the work-ethic most often fail.

Do you think character doesn't impact how good of a pro a player becomes? Look at a couple of former

Bills:

1. Marshawn Lynch had character red-flags coming out of college. He had enough off-field problems

2, Unfortunately, I can't even remember his name, but he was the RB before they drafted McGahee. He had

talent, but lots of off-field problems including shagging an underaged girl and he was kind of drummed out

of the league. He now pays child support for something like 9 children to different women (not exaggerating).

There are a boat-load of players who don't have the work-ethic to succeed in the NFL and they for the most

part flame out in spite of their talent. Now, as Marv Levy used to say, it's the work-ethic and internal drive that

you have to be concerned about. If a player has other stupid off-field stuff, you can hope that it doesn't get

him suspended. BUT, the guys who haven't demonstrated the work-ethic most often fail.

2. I think that would be Travis Henry.

Bills:

What you fail to mention is that both guys did their job pretty well when they played. Especially Henry.

It's a bit hard to take your opinion seriously when you can't remember Travis Henry.

It's a bit hard to take your opinion seriously when you can't remember Travis Henry.

C'mon man, I've been watching the Bills for 40+ years and following the draft

closely for another 25 years. After a while the names all kind of run together. Seriously,

you think the point is invalid because I couldn't remember Travis Henry's name?

Bills:

First, we are talking about "character problems" of college students before they are pros--and how one guy (Nawrocki) has a personla fetish with this issue. Often (Percy Harvin for instance) he is way off. McGahee had no sig issues in college. His work ethic wasn't questioned whne he came back after a devestating knee injury. I don't recall any issues with Henry when he was drafted. He was "drummed out of the league because he was using (and likely dealing) drugs. It had absolutely nothing to do with getting women pregnant.

Second, plenty of pros have had significant of the field "character problems"--many won SBs and several are in the HOF.

his rankings are terrible.

Say what you will about his rankings, but he's been spot on as far as the Bills are concerned. He's guess our Draft Pick every year correctly since 2006 with Whitner...

First, we are talking about "character problems" of college students before they are pros--and how one guy (Nawrocki) has a personla fetish with this issue. Often (Percy Harvin for instance) he is way off. McGahee had no sig issues in college. His work ethic wasn't questioned whne he came back after a devestating knee injury. I don't recall any issues with Henry when he was drafted. He was "drummed out of the league because he was using (and likely dealing) drugs. It had absolutely nothing to do with getting women pregnant.

Second, plenty of pros have had significant of the field "character problems"--many won SBs and several are in the HOF.

What does the last paragraph that I wrote say? I distinguished between poor work-ethic and lack of dedication

and stupid off-field incidents. Do you not think that a poor work ethic could cause someone to fail? What about

the Bengals Andre Smith? He looks to be flaming out and there were signs that he might, yet he was quite dominant

in college.

I didn't say that you should discount any draft eligible player who has done something stupid, but I do think that

if they haven't shown that they will work, that they can't learn or if they've been in trouble with the team or off-field

several times, then you should consider that.

Most everyone is high on Miller, except for some paranoid souls around here that worry that he may be the next Aaron Maybin.

That's not true. These experts are getting things waaaay wrong this year...Ex. Gabbert, Dareus, Miller. At some point during the last few months, all three guys have all been pimped out by the experts as the best players in the draft.

Of those three, the only non-bust guy is Dareus (he'll be solid, that's it however, he's got little "star player" ceiling). Of those three, none of them are in the "elite" class of this draft. That distinction goes to Peterson, Green and Quinn.

I visit a lot of message boards and very few fans are clamoring for an over-hyped OLB who not only is small but plays small.

Gabbert and Miller's ascensions to top player status are the biggest farces by the experts that I've seen since I can remember. Apparently NFL elite talent level takes a way back seat to being a "model citizen" this year...LOL

What does the last paragraph that I wrote say? I distinguished between poor work-ethic and lack of dedication

and stupid off-field incidents. Do you not think that a poor work ethic could cause someone to fail? What about

the Bengals Andre Smith? He looks to be flaming out and there were signs that he might, yet he was quite dominant

in college.

I didn't say that you should discount any draft eligible player who has done something stupid, but I do think that

if they haven't shown that they will work, that they can't learn or if they've been in trouble with the team or off-field

several times, then you should consider that.

It was the first paragraghs that I was responding to.

Bills:

Henry had no issues coming out of college. I disagreed with your example because of this. Lynch had no work ethic issues coming out of college, so I disagree with that one too.

The fact is, Nawrocki doesn't limit his "concerns about character" to poor work ethic--and that's the topic of this discussion: Nawrocki's histrionics.

That's not true. These experts are getting things waaaay wrong this year...Ex. Gabbert, Dareus, Miller. At some point during the last few months, all three guys have all been pimped out by the experts as the best players in the draft.

Of those three, the only non-bust guy is Dareus (he'll be solid, that's it however, he's got little "star player" ceiling). Of those three, none of them are in the "elite" class of this draft. That distinction goes to Peterson, Green and Quinn.

And you are certain of this how?

I visit a lot of message boards...

Ah, that explains it.

Edited by thebandit27