Simple Things in Life

ajzepp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the older I get, the more I appreciate doing exactly that. The other night when we had that super moon thing, I was so enamored with it that I just sat there and stared up into the sky for like thirty mins. Other days, like today, it's satisfying to just watch nature and people outside my apartment go about their day. Just sort of taking everything in, even though there isn't anything THAT exciting going on, is very relaxing and enjoyable.

Speaking of watching people. I have a small deck off one of the upstairs bedrooms and I was out there watching the neighborhood kids play. There's this group of 3-4 boys around age 6 or so going around playing "Star Wars." They have their light sabers out having battles, arguing over who gets to play Luke Skywalker and what not. They even went as far as drawing the death star on the road with side walk chalk. Too funny. :lol:

Speaking of watching people. I have a small deck off one of the upstairs bedrooms and I was out there watching the neighborhood kids play. There's this group of 3-4 boys around age 6 or so going around playing "Star Wars." They have their light sabers out having battles, arguing over who gets to play Luke Skywalker and what not. They even went as far as drawing the death star on the road with side walk chalk. Too funny. :lol:

Thank God the next generation of Star Wars fans is healthy :thumbsup:

Enjoying the simple things in life is the key to happiness I am convinced.

I love hot showers. A good cup of coffee. A good deed. A great smile. A good laugh. An interesting conversation. When my girl sneaks a kiss. A great book. The beauty of nature. Any dog. Great friends. Family get togethers. A nice walk. Fresh baked bread. Life is all about simple pleasures

Enjoying the simple things in life is the key to happiness I am convinced.

I love hot showers. A good cup of coffee. A good deed. A great smile. A good laugh. An interesting conversation. When my girl sneaks a kiss. A great book. The beauty of nature. Any dog. Great friends. Family get togethers. A nice walk. Fresh baked bread. Life is all about simple pleasures

Amen brother

Hiking by myself in the woods, so I can go at my pace and if I want to stop and just listen to nature I can.

Also, in the same vein, sitting on a bench either at the local park where everyone goes to bike/walk/skate, or the mall, and watching people go by.

Simple things in life...to me this is an every day thing and I have shared many stories about it...but if I had to pick one thing I would say a July night with a cool breeze long after sunset with the stereo in my shed in some distance playing music from the 40's and before thinking about what life might have been like in this country area in 1930 while I am surrounded by a barn and buildings built in the 30's and tools that have been around as such...

Something about laying in a field under a night sky while listening to that old music taking in the breeze and life...

Edited by jboyst62

Simple things in life...to me this is an every day thing and I have shared many stories about it...but if I had to pick one thing I would say a July night with a cool breeze long after sunset with the stereo in my shed in some distance playing music from the 40's and before thinking about what life might have been like in this country area in 1930 while I am surrounded by a barn and buildings built in the 30's and tools that have been around as such...

Something about laying in a field under a night sky while listening to that old music taking in the breeze and life...

wow. dont hurt yourself.

Also, in the same vein, sitting on a bench either at the local park where everyone goes to bike/walk/skate, or the mall, and watching tripping people as they go by.

Particularly the roller-bladers...good times...

like which artist or which group/band?

like which artist or which group/band?

Sirius 40's on 4.

Holliday, Crosby, Sinatra, Dorsey, Ellington, Fitzgerald, Miller...so many, I do not know them as much as I could but just let the radio play.

Sirius 40's on 4.

Holliday, Crosby, Sinatra, Dorsey, Ellington, Fitzgerald, Miller...so many, I do not know them as much as I could but just let the radio play.

i have that station too. :oops: however i have never tuned to it. i'll check it out soon. but not till next week.

im grooving some other stuff right now.