Buffalo Sabres vs NY Rangers tonight

Buftex

Just a reminder for all of you who don't get to see the Sabres very often...tonights game is on Versus! 7:30pm eastern.

Should be a great game...last nights game aside, the Sabres have been playing some very good hockey lately. If they win tonight, they are ties with the Rangers at 87 points...both teams are jockeying for the 7th or 8th playoff seed, and to possibly move up to 6th, as Montreal has been in a bit of a tailspin lately. To add to the drama, the pesly Carolina Hurricanes are only 3 points back of the Sabres...this is going to be a wild final two weeks of the NHL season.

Thanks, BT! I saw the 'winning' goal last night on NHL channel's On The Fly. How are 7 goals scored in the first 30 minutes, then not one more through the rest of the game??

They're in a dog fight and there can be no letting up.

Go Sabres!

Thanks, BT! I saw the 'winning' goal last night on NHL channel's On The Fly. How are 7 goals scored in the first 30 minutes, then not one more through the rest of the game??

They're in a dog fight and there can be no letting up.

Go Sabres!

Yeah, that was a pretty distressing begining of the game...the Leafs really looked like the desperate team last night, and the Sabres, as they are ones to do, kind of came out lackluster...coughing up pucks in the neutural zone, playing sloppy in their own end. Miller made some great saves, it could have been worse. But, the Leafs seem to have figured out a way, the last three games or so, to make Miller, and the Sabres defense, play out of their comfort zone a bit. The Leafs were flying everywhere...the Sabres were able to take advantage of some of the Leafs agressiveness, and tie it up, before the back-breaker...

Anyways, like I said, the Sabres have been playing very solid hockey for the last month, and scoring goals...so I am expecting that last night was an abberation...tonights' game is huge!

HUGE game tonight!!! GO SABRES!!

They better come out ready for the Rangers and pissed off about last nights crappy performance.

Edit: In a bit of "more luck than brains" as I couldnt have planned it better, I'll be in Buffalo this weekend and able to watch the games with my fellow Sabres fans!

Huge game tonight. HUGE game Sunday against Carolina.

Edited by DrDankenstein

HUGE game tonight!!! GO SABRES!!

They better come out ready for the Rangers and pissed off about last nights crappy performance.

Edit: In a bit of "more luck than brains" as I couldnt have planned it better, I'll be in Buffalo this weekend and able to watch the games with my fellow Sabres fans!

Huge game tonight. HUGE game Sunday against Carolina.

No kidding. Including tonight, three of their final 7 games of the season come off "back to back" games...I wonder if we see Enroth in a couple of them. For a team that lacks intensity from time to time, this is good practice. Of course, if they aren't careful, it may be a moot point!

No kidding. Including tonight, three of their final 7 games of the season come off "back to back" games...I wonder if we see Enroth in a couple of them. For a team that lacks intensity from time to time, this is good practice. Of course, if they aren't careful, it may be a moot point!

I wouldve liked to have seen Enroth in last night before this final push, but whatevs...

Should have had Enroth in LAST night, LINDY!!

Supposedly (and I have no real reason to doubt it) Miller is hurt, with the dreaded "upper body injury"...he did get dinged in the head pretty good, last night. If it is an injury, we may be seeing more of Enroth than we thought...6 games in 11 days. If Miller is really hurt, it won't make any sense to rush him back...unless Enroth craps the bed...I have a hunch he will not.

Edited by Buftex

> tonights game is on Versus! 7:30pm eastern.

not a huge deal but i missed part of the 1st period because i thought it started at 7:30

NY Rangers at Buffalo 7:00 pm EDT Wed Mar 30, 2011

So sorry about that...I could have sworn NHL.COM said 7:30 start.... :oops:

Man, the Sabres played a hell of a game tonight, amazing defensive game...Enroth was stellar!

Edited by Buftex

Highlights from last nights game...great shot by Connolly...the dude is such a tease...just when you write him off, he starts producing...

http://www.nhl.com/

It was admittedly an amazing shot. But Timmy still gets the gas face. Dude is just soft. No other way to describe it.

Great game by the team and Enroth though. It's nice to see the team rally the defense around him. It was amazing to see how many times we got our sticks on shots and passes. Had to be a frustrating night for the Rangers.

BIG WEEKEND OF GAMES COMING UP!!! GO SABRES!!!

Nice to see the Sabres pretty much deliver the KO punch to the Leafs. Not a done deal yet and don't want to jinx but good luck in the playoffs! Now if it were the Bills I would never mention playoffs until it was official.

Someone give me a reason to be excited about the Sabres.

Because all I see is more of the same: Small young guys and counting on Miller to make saves.

Well, they have been playing very well since January, and, I would argue, Miller has not really carried them by any means, this season. They have been getting scoring, in the second half of the season, from all over the line-up, Thomas Vanek has become a very great, if not elite, player, night in night out. Tyler Meyer has rebounded from an awful start, and now, in only his second season, has become oue most solid defensemen, the fact that he can move with the puck, and can shoot doesn't hurt one bit. Andrej Sekera has been an all-hustle guy, and Nathan Gerbe and Tyler Ennis are showing to be very promising young guys, who have been delivering in the crunch. Drew Stafford has been scoring timely goals, and isn't afraid to mix it up. The Sabres aren't letting themselves get pushed around like they might have in the past.

I want Miller to come back, but I don't think having Jonas Enroth between the pipes is a huge drop-off...we may have the next Edwards/Sauve tandem available for a nice playoff run.

I don't know how you couldn't like the way they have been playing for the last 3 months. Did you watch last nights' game? That was as fine a defensive effort as you are likely to see, against a good, vetran team in the Rangers.

Now, I am not saying they are going to win the cup, but I fully expect them to give whoever they face in the first round of the playoffs, a very good fight, and I won't be shocked to see them knock off one of the to 4 seeds. They are playing smart, disciplined hockey, avoiding stupid penalties for the most part, and, to me, appear to be a team that is finally starting to grow up. It's a long season, no team dominates from start to finish

Edited by Buftex

Well, they have been playing very well since January, and, I would argue, Miller has not really carried them by any means, this season. They have been getting scoring, in the second half of the season, from all over the line-up, Thomas Vanek has become a very great, if not elite, player, night in night out. Tyler Meyer has rebounded from an awful start, and now, in only his second season, has become oue most solid defensemen, the fact that he can move with the puck, and can shoot doesn't hurt one bit. Andrej Sekera has been an all-hustle guy, and Nathan Gerbe and Tyler Ennis are showing to be very promising young guys, who have been delivering in the crunch. Drew Stafford has been scoring timely goals, and isn't afraid to mix it up. The Sabres aren't letting themselves get pushed around like they might have in the past.

I want Miller to come back, but I don't think having Jonas Enroth between the pipes is a huge drop-off...we may have the next Edwards/Sauve tandem available for a nice playoff run.

I don't know how you couldn't like the way they have been playing for the last 3 months. Did you watch last nights' game? That was as fine a defensive effort as you are likely to see, against a good, vetran team in the Rangers.

Now, I am not saying they are going to win the cup, but I fully expect them to give whoever they face in the first round of the playoffs, a very good fight, and I won't be shocked to see them knock off one of the to 4 seeds. They are playing smart, disciplined hockey, avoiding stupid penalties for the most part, and, to me, appear to be a team that is finally starting to grow up. It's a long season, no team dominates from start to finish

I haven't watched them in years, frankly. I've had no reason to spend the money on it.

Maybe I'll give 'em a look in the playoffs.

I haven't watched them in years, frankly. I've had no reason to spend the money on it.

Maybe I'll give 'em a look in the playoffs.

You haven't watched in years yet you can say they currently look exactly the same as they did before? Yeah, that one makes a ton of sense.

You haven't watched in years yet you can say they currently look exactly the same as they did before? Yeah, that one makes a ton of sense.

I haven't watched them RELIGIOUSLY in years.

In other words I haven't paid for Center Ice. The games I HAVE seen of them have been a whole lot of the same.

I haven't watched them RELIGIOUSLY in years.

In other words I haven't paid for Center Ice. The games I HAVE seen of them have been a whole lot of the same.

Give them a chance...fun team to watch. I am not guranteeing they won't be flat now and again...but when they play with discipline they are very good.

Looking at the standings, I am not sure what our best mathchup would be for the first round of the playoffs...Boston kind of scares me. We have not played the Penguins well, but, I think we are on our game now, and could handle them. I also think we would have a good shot against Philly or Washington.

Give them a chance...fun team to watch. I am not guranteeing they won't be flat now and again...but when they play with discipline they are very good.

Looking at the standings, I am not sure what our best mathchup would be for the first round of the playoffs...Boston kind of scares me. We have not played the Penguins well, but, I think we are on our game now, and could handle them. I also think we would have a good shot against Philly or Washington.

Agreed that we dont match up well against Boston, and that we do match up well against Philly.

I'd love to have the Flyers in round 1.

As far as Washington goes, I have no idea, but we'll get a chance to see them tomorrow night!

Agreed that we dont match up well against Boston, and that we do match up well against Philly.

I'd love to have the Flyers in round 1.

As far as Washington goes, I have no idea, but we'll get a chance to see them tomorrow night!

I really don't dis-like Ryan Miller, but I can't say the prospect of Enroth playing again this weekend scares me!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6280442